7. The punch

I'm woken by my alarm, I groan and roll over. I can't be bothered today and it's only Wednesday I thought to myself.
I decide to skip breakfast giving me a little extra time in bed. I lay there eyes closed and suddenly flash backs of last night creep into my mind. I sit bolt up right and try and think whether I had a dream or I really did hear the piano playing.

My eyes catch the brown blanket crumpled in a pile on my floor.

I get up and go over to it and pick it and find the label again which clearly reads property of H.S

Could this really be the little boys blanket? I mean how did it even get here? Get draped over me in the cold room?
I fold the blanket up and go and put it in the storage cupboard next to the bathroom.

I rush around having a quick shower and get dressed. I decide to take extra underwear today since I have no idea what kind of trick red bitch is going to play on me today and I need to be prepared. I know Louis told her to leave me alone but surly that would add more fuel to the fire since he's backing me up.

I remember the messages he sent last night suddenly and if she saw them she would definitely murder me. I close the door behind me after saying good day to Pebbles who I left sitting on the stairs cleaning her beautiful coloured fur.

I wait down at the bottom of my drive way which I'll add took about fifteen minutes to walk down. I'm five minutes early, that's a first I thought. I grab my phone and connect my head phones and start my play list which I use to listen to when I walked to my old school. I can't help and close my eyes and memories of me and Jess and the whole gang walking to school laughing, joking and messing around. I let a smile creep across my face.

Beeeep!

I open my eyes to a big school bus honking it's horn at me. Well that shit woke me up. I roll my eyes and climb on taking the first available seat I see.

I sit down still listening to my music and I can see through the drivers mirror everyone talking and looking at me. Nods and shakes of heads. What have I done now?

I take my earphones out and listen to see if I can hear anything but as soon as I take them out everyone is silent. I'm sitting next to a girl who I don't recall seeing in any of my classes. She looks younger than me so I guess she's in the year below.

"How you finding it?" She speaks up.

I turn my head and look at her "it's alright I guess, new schools suck" I look down at my phone not really wanting to divulge in conversation with the stranger.

"No I mean at the house" she looks at me wide eyed.

I stare at her, she's searching my face for some kind of reaction. Jigging on the spot in anticipation.

"What do you mean?"

I see her looking around and everyone is silent I'm not sure if they are listening in on our conversation or not.

"Well you know, it's haunted" she lowers her voice.

I cough and slight choke on my saliva.

"Haunted?" I whisper back not really sure why I'm whispering.

"Yeah! Didn't you know? A kid and his mum were murdered there" she looks down at her hands which I notice she's picking at her skin around her nails.

"Harry Styles?" I question and she looks up and nods.

"No I didn't know" I say.

She turned her head towards me and quickly looks around the bus and I can feel every pair of eyes on us.