39. He's behind you

It's getting dark now so we gather around the fire pit with our drinks and decide to chill and chat. We are intoxicated with drink and some of us with a few lines this is what I've been missing me and my gang.

"So come on this house is scary looking. We've read the stories are they true?" Katie takes a sip of her drink.

"What do you mean?"

"It's haunted isn't?" Rob adds

"Oh yeah. Well a few creepy things have happened"

There is silence around the group waiting for me to indulge in some stories.

"Like what? Come on tell us about the ghost boy" Tom pipes up taking a drag of his cigarette.

I laugh what I could tell them about the ghost boy. "Harry Styles was murdered here seventeen years ago by his crazy monster step dad. It's said he haunts the house because he doesn't want people living here. I've heard a few knocks and bangs here and there. I even think I've seen him standing in corners of the rooms."

Jess and Katie pull themselves closer to each other.

"Oh I don't want to say too much because you're all staying in his bedroom where he was beaten to death"

"No I'm fucking not! Fuck that shit" Rob sits up.

"Shut up you pussy. It will be like most haunted on tv." Tom cracks open another beer.

"Oh my god what was that?" I straighten up and look past them towards the wooded area at the bottom of the garden. There is nothing there but I'm hoping Harry will hear me and play along.

"Don't play like that, Hols" Jess stares behind her and the group follow her gaze.

"No guys I'm being serious I swear I saw something." I stand up and slowly stand in the middle of the group staring towards the trees.

"Holly please quit. It's not funny" Rob stands up and walks away from the group and closer to the house.

Aaron and Katie stand with me and look out in the garden following with Tom, Jess and Dani.

"I mean he won't do anything to us will he? Like possess us?" Rob looks absolutely petrified.

I turn to face him with the rest of the group and stare beyond him and like he was listening I see Harry walking up behind him. He obviously hasn't shown himself to the group as they haven't said anything.

"Jesus Rob don't look behind you" I point just past him where Harry is now stood.

The rest of the gang snigger as they can't see anything I'm assuming otherwise I'm sure this wouldn't be there reaction.

Rob is glued to the spot I can see him trembling "don't fuck around Hols I'm being serious I'm about to have a heart attack"

Harry nods at me and I smile I wish my friends could be introduced to him as if he was real.

"No serious now, he's behind you. Oh my god Rob look!" I pull my hand up to my face and and point waving my hand over to where Harry is standing. Rob turns around and obviously Harry shows himself to him as Rob let's out a almighty scream and comes running back to the group where we are all dying with laughter.