twenty two, have each other's babies.

≡ 022 CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!

ALEXANDRIA AND HANNAH STEPPED OUT OF the white Mercedes-Benz SUV before they both took deep breaths. "We're in this together," Hannah said, linking her arm through Alexandria's. "Friends who get voted best ass together, stay together," Alexandria stated, causing Hannah to let out a laugh. "New year, new us."

Alexandria playfully rolled her eyes at Hannah's statement before she and Hannah walked into the building. Surprisingly, nobody had their eyes on either one of the girls. Everyone seemed to mind their own business. New year, new Liberty, Alexandria thought. The calm feeling the school brought was suddenly stripped away when Jessica Davis and Sheri Holland ran up to Alexandria.

"Good job, girl!" Sheri congratulated the taller girl. "Uh.. What'd I do?" Alexandria asked, more confused than ever.

"Nova! The guys said they have a whole new respect for you," Jessica informed Alexandria. Alexandria exchanged a look with Hannah. "What about her?"

"Well, you fought her, didn't you?" Sheri asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah, but.. How did you guys know?"

"Someone leaked the video," Sheri shrugged. Fucking Aukereya and Leena, Alexandria thought to herself. "Well, yeah, I did, but she got what she deserved," Alexandria spoke, walking to her locker with Hannah's arm still linked with hers.

"So, we wanna bump you up to cheer captain," Sheri spoke, following after Alexandria and Hannah. "No, no way.. That's a lot of work, and I'm only on the team for you two," Alexandria spoke as she unhooked her arm with Hannah's to enter her locker combination.

"I'll see you later," Hannah muttered before leaving Alexandria with the perky girls. "Sher, do you remember when you had to beg me to even join the team? I really only joined because Nova made me."

"We need someone fierce as the captain," Jessica began. "Not doing it. I'm fighting for dominance of the girls' soccer team, and volleyball team for next year."

"Ugh, just think about it. Please," Sheri said as she rested her head against the locker beside Alexandria's. "Alex!" the girl heard. She turned to see the boy, a smile forming on her face. Behind him, were his friends, but Alexandria didn't care. Jeff approached, leaning forward to being his lips to Alexandria's cheek. His arm then snaked around her waist.

"You two-Since when?" Jessica asked, her mouth dangling open. "Uh," Alexandria and Jeff exchanged looks. "How cute!" Monty exclaimed as he clasped his hands onto Jeff's shoulders, causing the boy's arm to remove itself from around Alexandria's waist. Alexandria rolled her eyes before closing her locker. "Oh, and Alex, nice job what you did to Nova," Bryce winked. "Uh, thanks?" the girl said, in more of a question-like manner.

"So.. Since when?" Jessica repeated her question. "I don't know. We were flirting for a while, then over winter break, we just clicked," the girl shrugged, leaning against her locker. "The two hottest people in Liberty are dating. A concept," Sheri spoke.

"Not dating," Jeff corrected Sheri. "Distracting," the couple said at the same time. "You're what-" Jessica turned to the two of them.

"Basically friends with benefits, but exclusive, and we're best friends," Alexandria explained, earning looks from the circle of friends. This really just reminded Alexandria of the night of the winter formal.

"You're dating," Jessica decided. "We're not dating," Jeff shook his head. "You're publicly showing affection. You're exclusive. That's called dating," Bryce stepped in.

"And what would you know about it?" Justin asked, causing the group to laugh, except Alexandria just scoffed.

The first bell rang, causing the group to groan. "So, back to the topic, you're dating," Jessica said as she, Jeff, and Alexandria headed to first period. "No, no. We're together to get over our exes. He has to get over Leah. I have to get over Scott. But if one of our exes comes back to one of us, we drop whatever it is that we have."

"No feelings attached," Jeff smiled, kissing Alexandria's cheek once again. "I don't get you two. You would literally be the hottest couple Liberty has ever seen. You're both super athletic. And to emphasize the fact again, you're both hot!" Jessica tried to reason with the two of them.

"Thanks, Jess, but we're good."

"It's now my duty to get you two together," Jessica raised her head high. Alexandria let out a laugh. "It's my duty to get him back with Leah."

"And it's my duty to get Scotty and Alex together," Jeff spoke. "Don't want him, but go off I guess."

"I can't stand you two. Just date! Fall in love! Have each other's babies!" Jessica exclaimed as the three friends entered the classroom.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

i'm gonna slow down my updating
so i can stack up my chapters and
then, when i don't feel motivated,
i can just hit the publish button.

i wasn't gonna publish this until
tomorrow but i had an announcement.
another song that scott and alex
will be based off of is hurts so good
by astrid s because that song makes
my heart go 💞💖💕💓💘💗.