thirty two, off to la.

≡ 032 CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO!
mentions of sexual assault.

ALEXANDRIA PULLED SCOTT WITH HER OUT INTO the cold air. She'd pulled him out by the lake, but far enough from the house. She had to make sure that nobody would hear what she had to say, and she had to make sure Scott didn't do anything stupid. "Alex, you're scaring me," Scott spoke. Alexandria stopped walking, turning to Scott. Her heart was pounding against her chest. She could nearly breathe because that night was on repeat inside her head. No matter how hard the girl tried, it was always there. It was like the replay of the same movie over and over again.

The thought of it all made Alexandria sick to her stomach. It made her sick that anyone could do that to another human being. It made her sick that her own best friend, who had been in the room, hadn't even tried to help her. She hadn't called the cops, she hadn't tried to push Bryce off of Alexandria. She hadn't even tried to make her presence known. Maybe, even that would have stopped Bryce. But what Alexandria figured out during high school, was that nobody's going to be down for you the way you'll be down for yourself.

"Scott, do you remember the night of the winter formal?" Alexandria questioned, looking over at the way the wind caused the water to slightly ripple. The way the moon shone against the dark water. "Yeah, I mean, it wasn't exactly a fantastic night," Scott answered sarcastically. Alexandria decided to sit down in front of the water, on the lonesome rock that rested on the edge of the shore. Scott remained standing, just looking down at Alexandria.

"If I tell you this, you have to promise me. Promise me you won't do anything stupid. Y—You won't say anything, to anybody. No matter how mad you are," Alexandria, for the first time that night, looked Scott in his eyes. Scott shook his head. "I can't make that promise if I don't know what you're going to tell me," Scott responded.

"I have a feeling you know exactly what I'm going to tell you," Alexandria muttered under her breath, turning her attention back to the calming ripples in the water. "That night.." the girl paused, taking a deep breath as the memory and the screams and the muffled words flooded her mind again. "I drank that night, but I know that I wasn't drunk enough to ever voluntarily let this happen. I'd danced with Hannah and Clay for a little bit. We jumped around, and I was so tired," Alexandria began.

"So, I made my way to the girls' locker room. Coach always keeps hidden Gatorade in the fridge, so I was hoping it'd refresh me, or it'd sober me up. When I got there, I wasn't alone, though. He was in there, like he was waiting for me or something," another pause. The girl swiped her tongue against her bottom lip, trying to hold back any tears as her throat instantly felt dry and choked up. "He grabbed me by my wrist, and I begged for him to stop. I told him that this wasn't funny, that it wasn't a joke," a tear slipped out of the girl's eye. Scott had taken notice because it glistened against her skin, due to the bright moon in the sky.

"And he didn't—He wouldn't stop. I was pinned against the wall, and I tried to push him off of me; I tried to scream for help; everything I tried was useless. Nothing helped. He'd had one hand on my mouth, and the other on my hip as he turned me around, making me face the wall. Scott, Bryce raped me," Alexandria whispered the last part as she looked up at the boy. His hands flew to his hair as he tried to find words. "I'm gonna fucking kill him," Scott muttered out. "No, you're not," Alexandria reached over, snatching Scott's wrist. She pulled the boy in front of her as she remained seated on the boulder.

"Scott, look at me," Alexandria begged, holding the boy's wrists in her hands. Scott looked down at Alexandria for a split second before his eyes averted back to the house in the distance. "Scott."

Swiping his tongue over his bottom lip, Scott looked down at Alexandria. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, okay? I didn't want you to be m—"

"You're sorry? Alex, I should've been there. I could've been there. I knew it. I've always known," Scott kneeled down in front of Alexandria. "Known what?"

"That night, after Bryce said all of that bullshit. I thought it'd been you who'd followed me outside. It was just the guys. Bryce was talking shit. He was talking all of this shit, and I knew, deep down, I knew that you'd never even think about touching Bryce. So, I took a fist to his face. It'd gone on for three minutes, maybe. Monty jumped in, but Zach held me back and Marcus held Monty back. Justin tried to hold Bryce back, and that was the end of it. We never spoke of that, and we pretended like everything was all good between us. But I knew, and I'm sorry I didn't do anything about it. I'm sorry, Alex."

"Are you kidding?" the girl laughed, causing Scott to raise an eyebrow. "Did you win?" Alexandria asked, a smile forming on her face. Scott let out a laugh. "Yeah, I won, even though Monty's bitch ass jumped in," Scott stood up, pulling Alexandria up with him.

"Good, that's all I care about," the girl responded, placing her hands on Scott's face. "Scott, you couldn't have helped me that night. The only people who could have done a damn thing about it were Nova and Bryce. And they didn't, and I'm okay with that. Well, I'm not, but we'll work through this," Alexandria spoke. Looking into Alexandria's eyes, Scott said, "I love you, Alexandria Luna Miller."

"Off to LA!" Alexandria shouted before dragging Scott with her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

they own my heart idc.
*pushes teen wolf and the
originals out of the way*
there 😄👋. wow, that was
cringey. yikes 😕.

anyways, scott is such a
man and i love him.