twenty nine, luxurious.

≡ 029 CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE!

WITH ONLY HALF A MINUTE LEFT IN THE last quarter of the game, Alexandria smacked her hand against the ball as she served it, causing it to go flying across the court. When someone of the opposing team hit the ball back, Chlöe Rice set the ball to someone behind her, causing Alexandria to run to the girl's aid. "Mine!" she called, sending the ball over to the other side. When the buzzer blasted through the gymnasium, Alexandria looked over at the scoreboard, a smile on her face. They'd won, and they'd managed to remain undefeated. In less than a month, Liberty's girls' volleyball would be moving onto the state championship as they did every year for the last twenty years.

The girls all lined up as tradition after every game, high-fiving the other team's players. "Good game!" Alexandria called to each of the women that she passed. "Lex, we did it!" Chlöe shouted as she wrapped her arms around Alexandria. "Hell yeah, we did!" Alexandria exclaimed. Behind Chlöe's head, Alexandria saw Scott approaching her. "Hey, I'll see you out on the football field," Alexandria told Chlöe before walking over to her boyfriend. He was wearing his football uniform, his helmet in-hand.

"You were amazing," Scott gushed as he held his hands on Alexandria's waist. "Yeah, you better be, too. You guys win this game, I'll do anything you want.. for tonight," Alexandria looked at the boy, smiles on both of their faces. "Hm, okay," Scott slightly lowered his hands, causing Alexandria to eye him. "Watch it, Reed," Alexandria pulled away from Scott. "Hey, Scotty, we gotta go!" Monty called out to the boy from the door of the gym. "I'll be out there after I change," Alexandria told her boyfriend. Scott turned around, heading towards where Monty has gone. "Kick some ass!" Alexandria called after him as she walked in the other direction, towards the girls' locker rooms.

"Lex, you did such a great job out there!" Alexandria heard as she entered the steamy room. The girls who weren't on the cheer squad were showering while the ones who were, were rushing as they hurried to put on their uniforms and look presentable.

"Lex, chop, chop!" Sheri clapped in the girl's face. Alexandria rolled her eyes at how stressed Sheri seemed. "Sher, calm down. It's the last game of the season, we should have fun," Alexandria tried to reassure the girl. "You're captain. You should be freaked!" Sheri exclaimed.

"Why?" Alexandria asked as she tossed off her volleyball jersey. "The guys have a tradition—"

"You can stop there. I don't want to hear about one of the guys' misogynistic traditions, as you like to call it," Alexandria spoke as she pulled her long sleeved uniform top over her head and through her arms. The long sleeves were supposed to warm the girls during cold, January weather, but the short skirts and cropped tops didn't help the cause.

"Well, girl, I'm stressed about it, and so's the team, so as captain and my friend, please pretend that you care," Sheri begged her friend. Alexandria sighed, "Sure, yeah. What's the tradition?" Alexandria sat on a bench that was located in front hers and Sheri's lockers. "You don't know the tradition? I was sure one of the guys would have told you," a sophomore whose name Alexandria hasn't remembered spoke.