twenty three, just say yes.

≡ 023 CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE!

"HEY," ALEXANDRIA HEARD. THE GIRL LOOKED UP, only to see Scott Reed standing in front of her. Alexandria closed her textbook, looking up at the boy. It was her free period, and she sat in the library. "You can talk now?" Alexandria chose to be rude. After all, he didn't deserve her kindness, especially after he chose to ignore her for weeks. He never asked her if she was okay. He never even replied to any of the hundreds of text messages she'd sent him. So, why would Alexandria be nice to him?

"Can we start over? Forget everything that happened in the past?" Scott asked. Alexandria reopened her textbook, attending back to her pre-calc homework. "Alex, please. Let's just forget everything that happened between us last year. Look, I can't stop thinking about you and how things ended between us."

Rolling her eyes, Alexandria looked up from her notebook once again before her eyes settled on Scott's. "I can't stop thinking about you either. I can't stop thinking about how one minute you loved me, and the next, you ignored me for weeks and chose to believe what some asshole said instead of what I was insisting happened."

"Scott, I wish that I never walked into the Crestmont that day. But then, I love you, and I hate myself for allowing me to continue to fall in love with you, the asshole who broke my heart."

"Present tense?" Scott took a seat at the table in front Alexandria. Alexandria let out a small and nearly inaudible laugh, before looking back at Scott. "Present tense, but I also hate you. If I could take back everything that happened between us, I would, but I can't, and maybe that's a good thing. Maybe, that's a bad thing."

"Okay, I'm confused," Scott admitted. "Every time something happens between you and I, I'm the one it all falls on. I'm also the one who always apologizes first or goes back to you. And I can't—I can't put myself through that pain again," Alexandria spoke.

"What if we were friends?" Scott questioned. Alexandria slowly looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "Friends? Just friends?"

"Friends. Nothing more. Just friends," Scott stated. "Okay. We can be friends," Alexandria agreed even though she didn't want to be friends. More than anything, she wanted his head in her lap, her hands in his hair like that one day. God, that was such a good day, Alexandria thought. Scott stood up. "I'll see you later, friend," Scott winked before walking away.

"Best friend! Guess what!" Alexandria skipped up to Jeff, who stood at his locker, as she jumped up, pushing his shoulders down. "What?" Jeff asked, a smile on his face. "I talked to Scott, right? We talked it out, and we're gonna be friends. Friends, only."

"Are you.. okay with that?" Jeff asked, closing his locker as he turned his attention to the girl. "I mean, yeah. It'll help me get over him, and then I can move the fuck on."

"Well, I talked to Leah, and we decided the same thing. She said that she misses me, and she wants me back, but she thinks I have something for you, so she said that until she's certain you and I are just friends, she and I will be just friends," Jeff explained.

"That made my head hurt, but that's good.. I think?" Alexandria tilted her head, causing Jeff to chuckle softly. "Yeah, it's good."

"Well, I'm hungry, so," Alexandria snaked her arm around Jeff's waist, pulling him with her towards the cafeteria. "There you are!" Jessica shouted from down the hall. "Come, come, come!" Jessica clapped to the syllables, causing Jeff and Alexandria to walk faster.

Alexandria entered the cafeteria first, immediately looking up at the paper banner that read "Will you be our captain?".

The girl rolled her eyes before turning to Jessica. "I told you I'd think about it," Alexandria whispered. "Well, now, you can't say no in front of the whole school," Jessica said, a large smile plastered on her face. "I can, and I will," Alexandria attempted to walk away, but Jeff pulled her by her hand.

"Just say yes. Imagine being captain of three teams," Jeff tried to persuade the girl. "Sounds like a lot of work," Jeff have her a look. Alexandria rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh. "But I can't say no when you look at me like that. Okay, fine," Alexandria gave up.

"Yay!" Jessica wrapped her arms around Alexandria as she just stood still, her fingers still intertwined with Jeff's.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

hi. i'm in a bomb mood right
now. i'm dancing to shawn's
new album because he's so
precious and i love him, but
by the time i publish this, i'll
be crying to say something or
a sad song like that 😄

UPDATE. yeah i predicted it.
i'm in my feels because reya's
sad and i don't want her to be
sad 😢

ANNOUNCEMENT. read and
vote on my new jeff fic,
never forget you.
please and thank you
💞💖💕💓💘💗