Eight

Three days until resumption, until I would be rid of my mother and her lover.

Honestly Eric wasn't that bad, he didn't scold me, beat me, send me on errands or just ignore me like my father used to. He made several efforts to get close to me but I avoided him, something about the way he looked at me always made me uncomfortable.

         Abike and I were wrestling for a container of pringles on my bed when the door was thrown open.

'Hey Amanda... and her friend'. Eric said with his megawatt smile. He had on just boxers and singlet.
'Good day sir'. Abike greeted.
'Please call me Eric, I'm really younger than I look'.
'I'm assuming you are twenty years old'. Abike said and he laughed with a glint of amusement in his eyes.

'Hey Eric, I thought we talked about the knocking issue'.
'Yeah sorry. I'm making noodles, wanted to know if you'd like some'.
'No thanks. We are pretty much filled with junk'.
'Are you sure your friend doesn't want some?'
'No, I'm good. I will be leaving soon anyway'. Abike said
'Okay, carry on'. He closed the door with such ferocity I was scared it would fall off it's hinges.

'That's the Eric?'
I had told Abike all about him and she hadn't been to my house throughout the holidays because she didn't want to experience the drama but my mom was at work and I felt unusually bored today with Ekpe away to see his sick mom so I called her over.

'Yeah that's him'.
'He stays here?'
'Basically. Says the place is more conducive for his work'.
'What does he do?'
'Online programming dot com'.
'AKA yahoo yahoo'
'What do you mean?'
'Online Programming is what these guys call scamming. They use the internet to dupe people. I hope your mom knows what she's doing'.
'I hope so too'.

There was a brief pause.

'He is so... young'. She struggled to find the right word.
'Too young for my mom? Yeah, who knew she was a milf?
'Mandy'. She said in that soft tone that was usually a preamble for her chronicles of life philosophies. Abike is such an adviser, much like her mom but she'd never accept it.

'Not now please. You were going to tell me a rumour you heard'.
'Oh yes. Guess who slept with her father's friend for an iPhone? Becca!'
'What? I'm not surprised but isn't her father super rich? Why didn't she just ask him?'
'He finally had enough of her bad grades and decided not to get anything for her until she sits up'.

At least her dad bothered to check her result. Nowadays all my mom cared about was Eric and making sure he didn't find out the true relationship I shared with her.

        Abike left me dozing off on my bed and went home. I lay there half asleep, too lazy to wake up and go lock the gate, hoping Eric would do it. I heard the faint sound of a shutting door but assumed it was one of the doors in the mansion I own in my dreams until I felt fingers touch my left leg and I jerked up.

'Shh. Lie down baby'. Eric was at the foot of my bed and had a finger on his lips, gesturing for me to be silent.
'Eric what are you doing?' He climbed the bed and I shifted to the headrest.
'Nothing baby, nothing'.
'Then get out of my room and stop calling me baby'.
'Of course, you are a big girl so you know what I want. Don't worry I won't tell your sister and neither will you so we'll be fine'.

He touched my thigh. I raised my knees to my chest and pushed him on the abdomen, he fell to the floor and I dashed for the door but he caught me and threw me on the bed. So much for being skinny.

'I see you like it rough, like your sister'. He pinned me to the bed by my shoulders. Hearing that statement lit up the rage I was trying to keep in check.