An Old Friend

The morning quickly came up and so did the time for vengeance. Anti and Dark quickly got up and got everything together. Anti got out two new fresh outfits to put on, something that wasn't covered in blood, tears, and snot."Where did you get those clothes?" Dark asked curiously. "I got it from Malcolm's closet. I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Anti said very plainly. "Oh well, your brother's clothes are actually really nice," Dark said. Dark grabbed a few cans of beans and put it in a sack along with clothes and a can opener. "Oh wait! I forgot something!" Anti said as he quickly ran up the steps. "What did you forget?" Dark yelled.

Anti rampaged through the and found it. The first edition of Malcolm's favorite book, Of Mice and Men. Anti knew he probably wasn't coming back and since the albums of his family were long gone he took the next best thing. "ANTI HURRY UP!" Dark yelled. "Yeah I'm coming Dark." "That sounds very wrong!" "You know what I mean!" Anti ran down the steps with the white book in his hand. "Why the book?" Dark asked. "It was my brothers, Dark, I don't have a photo of him anymore." "So... the book." Dark asked. "Malcolm loved this book. The struggle and the little jokes. He loved the idea of George having to save his friend Lenny by the angry mob by doing what he knows is best. But at the same time making sure Lenny doesn't have any idea what about to happen and distract him by what he knows he'll love. Making sure he's happy." Anti finished with a very deep sigh. Dark didn't say anything, but just gave Anti an understanding look.

They walked out of the house and closed the door. Anti gave the house one last look and felt the tears beginning to sting his eyes. He knew he couldn't come back ever again. And it killed him inside. Hours later Dark was flying in the sky, wind hitting his face while Anti was walking and the painful rocks stabbing his feet. It to the point where his feet where bleeding a little bit. He was wearing thick, very thick boots to protect his feet because he knew the path all too well. "I wish I still had my wings!" Anti yelled.

And it was at this moment that something totally random happened. So random that nobody saw coming. The beast. That helped Anti escape the dungeon. It was the big friendly creature.

It was an odd-looking creature. It had two small horns sticking out of its head. It also had very soft, pretty feathers. Silky almost. A massive beek and big round eyes. It had huge wings. It looked super friendly "Is it really you?" Anti asked. He started petting the creature while Dark stood back horrified. It licked Anti with its big, long cat-like tongue." Oh, it really is you. I missed you!"

"What is that thing!?" Dark screamed. "It's my pal. I call him Trico." Anti said smiling. "Anti, why...?" "He helped me escape, Dark. You can pet him. He doesn't bite. Hey maybe we can ride him to the Kingdom." " NO NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!" Dark exclaimed. "Fine. You fly on your own and I'll fly my friend. We'll get there within a day." "That's actually... a good idea." "I know right... I'm just awesome."

Hours Later

The two boys decided to rest after four hours. Anti and Dark were talking. Like old times, suddenly when Anti lost his train of thought."Anti? Hey, what's the matter?" Dark asked. Anti was still deep in thought. He was thinking about the future, what's will happen next. What will happen to these two young beings that were on their way to kill the King?

"Anti! Are you okay?" Dark asked and yelled. "Wha-oh yeah, I'm fine. Just got lost in thought, I guess." Anti said in a low quiet tone. It was out of character for the normally loud and rambling Anti. "Come on Anti let's keep going." "Sure." "Let's take a shortcut." Dark said suddenly. "You don't mean..." Anti said. "Oh yeah, the snowy fields." "Yeah the 'snowy fields'" Anti said while doing air quotes " the area of the forest where there's so much pollen that it actually makes the ground a white color. Because you know I LOVE the 'snow fields'" Anti said, in a very annoyed tone. "It could be worst, we could be walking through it instead of flying over it." "Fine you win."