Chapter2

Chapter 2
It had finally hit 3'oclock and Emily half sprinted out of her class and to her locker. She grabbed her bag and headed out towards her car. Her Toyota Corolla was waiting less than fifty meters away and she wouldn't stay at this school any longer then she had to.
Sure she had met some nice people today but she just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep.
Her house might have changed her bed sure hadn't and to that there remained some part of Emily's life before her incident. No matter how hard she tried to forget about it, it remained in the back of her mind...
Not letting anything make her day worse she threw her bag onto the passenger seat of the car and started the engine. Just as she was about to drive away someone knocked on the window and the noise made Emily jump. When she looked up she saw none other than Alison looking down at her... again. She rolled down the window to see what she wanted, to again hurry things up.
Alison was still unimpressed that Emily hadn't spoken to her but in a more serious matter they had a biology assignment to do and Alison DiLaurentis was not having any bad grades on her record because of a girl refusing to speak.
'We will meet up this afternoon at my house to organise the start of our assignment.' Emily had already forgotten about the assignment but she nodded at Alison and waited for more instructions. It was clear the blonde had more to say.
'You will give me your number and I will message you the rest of the details.' Alison said handing Emily a piece of paper and a pen. Emily figured she should do what she's told if she wants to get home quicker.
Speedily writing her number down for Alison and her name just in case she would forget. The brunette picked Alison to be the type to forget people who didn't matter to them.
'You will hear from me.' And with that Alison left. Emily watched her depart in her side mirror, watching the blonde's hips and hair sway in unison as she walked.
Within half an hour Emily was back home and in sweat pants, she made herself a cup of tea and now on her window seat reading. It was a nice afternoon; the sun was shining into her room through the trees it gave Emily a content feeling. She was relaxed and it was nice. After about an hour of reading through her new biology assignment she heard her phone buzz, thinking it was her mum telling her she would be late from work or her dad would be late she was mildly surprised when a message from an unknown came up.
Be at my house by 7:30
-Alison
That was it but Emily didn't even know where Alison lived, she felt mild panic when she didn't know what to do but moments late Alison sent her another message of her address and a screenshot of Google Maps showing how to get there. Could it really be that complicated? It was just a house after all.
By the time Emily had showered, eaten and gotten her stuff ready it was already 7:16. The drive to Alison's was a short ten minutes, her house was beautiful and it did have a long driveway that Emily wouldn't have found if it weren't for the screenshot Alison sent her.
As she pulled up she could tell then and there that the DiLaurentis' were well off, it made Emily even more nervous. She had been at school for a day and she was already stuck doing a project with the rich popular girl.
'You're late.'
Alison said as she walked out from around her house, it startled Emily but this time she didn't jump. She merely cleared her throat and pulled her bag full of biology work out of the passenger seat.
'Well, come on in then let's get this over and done with.'
Alison tried to sound like she wasn't bothered with Emily's presence but in reality it still troubled her that Emily hadn't spoken yet, maybe she couldn't speak? No, that couldn't be it, but Alison didn't want to dwell any further on the topic so she directed the brunette into her house and towards the kitchen.
'My parents are away on business trips or something so it'll just us.' Alison wasn't sure why she spoke of her parents, she rarely brought them up and it wasn't like it would be important information to Emily. There was something about this girl that made Alison struggle with her words. Maybe it was because Emily didn't use words at all? Alison thought to herself as she sat her laptop down on the kitchen bench. Emily followed suit, like everyone did in the presence of a DiLaurentis. The brunette also pulled out of her bag the biology text book and a note book. Both looked brand new which was a given of course since it was Emily's first day.
For about an hour neither spoke, Alison searched the internet for a reliable source to use and Emily wrote up useless notes, she had already written a significant amount of work before she arrived at Alison's. For some reason Emily wanted to impress the blonde but at the same time just wanted to be ready for the evening.
Every so often Alison would look over at Emily but Emily never let her eyes leave her paper. She would focus and not let her eyes give her away.
'Are you thirsty at all?' Alison asked during the silence but she really just wanted Emily to look up from her work. She wanted to see the brunette's warm eyes again. There was something comforting about them.
This bothered Alison more.
Emily finished writing the final word of her sentence and looked towards the blonde's eyes; they didn't seem to show any emotion. It was like Alison didn't want anyone to see what she was thinking or feeling. The brunette shook her head and closed her book. She quickly grabbed her phone to check the time and realized almost two hours had passed.
Being in Alison's company was refreshing, she didn't seem overly demanding for Emily to speak to her and Emily could tell it was because she wasn't interested but she liked feeling no pressure never the less.
Alison followed Emily's eyes to her phone, she couldn't see the time but instead she looked towards the clock on the wall.
Suddenly there was a knock at the door, Alison excused herself and went to see who it was.
'Hey baby!' Noel said as Alison opened the door.
'Oh hey Noel.' Alison allowed her "not-boyfriend" to walk inside and they headed towards the kitchen. She was slightly surprised seeing Noel at her door but then realised she had organised to spend time with him after her and Emily were finished. She honestly thought the brunette would've left by this time.
'We were just finishing up.' Alison said as she closed her laptop.
'Hey Fields. Taking up all my time with my girl are ya?' Emily quickly put her books in her bag and stood for the chair. She was automatically uncomfortable again, there was something about Noel that she didn't like and she wasn't ready to be around her outside of school. Not that she probably ever would be either.
Alison looked up at Noel, his eyes fixed on Emily purposefully trying to make her uncomfortable and this bothered her for some reason.
'That's enough.' She said demandingly and Noel did not continue.
'I will see you tomorrow. You did some good work.' Emily and Noel both looked at Alison in bewilderment; her sweet behaviour was odd to the both of them.
'But I'm going to go over your notes tomorrow in class. You can see yourself out. Goodnight.'
Emily merely nodded and headed towards the door, she could hear a small laugh from Alison thinking that she was mocking Emily. The brunette couldn't help but sneak a quick look to confirm if her assumptions were true. Instead of finding Alison and Noel laughing at Emily, Noel had lifted Alison up onto the kitchen bench and was trailing kisses down her neck. Immediately Emily looked away, opened and closed the door behind her.
Alison felt Noel press his body against hers, it made her giggle when he lifted her up onto the bench but her eyes stared off to the departing Emily. She briefly saw the brunette look towards the two of them, blush and then leave.
'Noel, come on no. This is the kitchen for goodness sakes.'
'Oh come on Ali baby. Please?' He begged.
Though this was normal for Alison, Noel begging didn't seem as appealing tonight. They had not slept together yet but he was content on making the goal happen and Alison was too but in her own time. Noel just kept pushing lately though; she wasn't even sure why she agreed to hang out with him tonight.
'Noel, I said no. That's enough.' Though Alison was strong with her words Noel was no match for her, he pushed against her and held her wrists in place while continuing to kiss at her neck.
'Seriously, Noel, stop.'
'Ali baby we've been hanging out for months now! Come on.'
Normal he would've stopped by now, normally Noel would stop and have a laugh with Alison about it but he wouldn't budge, instead he continued to kiss. His grip that remained on her wrist grew in strength and Alison panic along with an adrenaline kick. She pushed him away and moved off the kitchen counter.
'I think you should go Noel.' She said moving away from him.
'Come on baby lets have some fun.' He cornered Alison in between the edges of the kitchen bench; she could feel her heart rate increase as her fear surrounded her body.
'Noel. Please. Stop it!' Noel had moved his lips to Alison's and all of a sudden she didn't like the taste of them, the feel of them, or the way he'd bite her lip playfully. Now it all seemed wrong, he wasn't going to continue this surely? This was Noel. The sweet boy that played video games with her and joked about any random thing. This was surely one of his practical jokes.
'Seriously Noel if this is a joke it's not funny! Stop!' She screamed at him but it was no use, no one could hear and she wasn't strong or fast enough to escape.
Alison could feel tears fall from her eyes and Noel moved his hands away from her wrist to her waist still holding her in place.
'Let's get this jacket off you baby.' Without even giving Alison a chance to speak her leather jacket was off and on the floor and his lips went back to hers. She tried desperately to push against him, Come on Ali! Push him away! One! Two! THREE!
Unexpectedly Noel fell to the ground. In the process of Alison's attempt to push him off her, Emily had run back inside grabbed Alison's leather jacket and thrown it over Noel's head blinding him momentarily.
The brunette grabbed the taller boys arms and pulled him away from the very frighten Alison. Tears flooded her deep blue eye as she desperately tried to move out of the corner of the kitchen. Emily threw Noel against the kitchen island winding him; he then fell to the ground gasping in pain trying franticly to catch his breath.
'Noel I think you should leave.'
Alison said as Emily walked over to inspect her, she seemed alright but even in shock she still managed to sound slightly terrifying. Noel had finally managed to catch his breath and stood.
'Come on baby we were just having a bit of fun.'
Emily moved in between Noel and Alison as he tried to reach for her. Alison's hands instinctive went onto Emily's arms; she suddenly had the need to feel secure as she anxiously buttoned up her blouse that had come undone in the commotion.
'Leave Noel!' Alison yelled at him. He looked between the brunette and the blonde; he sighed and left the kitchen and as he disappeared he slammed the door dramatically behind him.
Emily could feel Alison's hand relax around her arm, in response Emily turned to face the blonde. Her face was tear-stain and her shirt was slightly torn. Emily walked over to the sink and grabbed a glass that had been washed, filling it with water she passed it to Alison.
'Thank you.' Alison said as she took the water and Emily nodded with a soft smile in response. Alison realised that this was the first that in a long time she had used her manners and was surprised. However, she drank the water and wiped away her tears trying to regain some composure.
Alison did not like this; the fact that she was different around Emily displeased her.
'Why did you come back in?' Alison's voice was suddenly back to her stern tone but Emily didn't reply. 'Did you hear me scream?'
She was anger that Emily wouldn't speak, she wanted her to talk, she wanted to hear what Emily's voice sounded like. But, nothing! Emily wouldn't speak.
Alison thought that there wasn't a chance that Emily was even close to talking. The blonde scared Emily and the fact that she had just rescued her from whatever happened with Noel made her nervous, so nervous her hands were shaking but she screwed them up into her jumper pockets.
'God Emily, will you just say something?'
Emily felt a huge lump develop in the back of her throat that she desperately tried to swallow.
'How do you go through each day and not manage to speak to anyone? Jeez! Do you talk to your parents?'
Emily quickly shook her head not wanting to further annoy the distort blonde.
'How do you communicate with them?' Emily again quickly responded but instead with a quick shrug. Alison was radiating pure frustration; her voice was loud and full of anger. It was like she had completely forgotten what had happened with Noel.
'How do you communicate with anyone?! How do you order food? How do you take public transport? How do you tell the waitress what meal you'd like? How do you take your coffee? How do you manage to never speak Emily?'
Emily didn't speak and she didn't move. The brunette had been exposed to this conversation before, well not to this volume but she was familiar with it. Emily quickly turned to grab her bag that she had thrown on the floor in a rush to save Alison; it was not far from the blonde's leather jacket. Picking it up along with her belongings she gently handed Alison her jacket and left the house. Leaving a confused Alison with no time to continue her raging speech. Although the brunette had a gut feeling that the DiLaurentis child was not used to be walked out on.