Chapter 27

Chapter 27
"Jason." Emily gasped as the tall boy stopped her from shutting the door. Holding tightly onto the small bag that held the oxygen tank that provided the still much needed air through her nasal cannula Emily stood her ground and watched Jason play with his leather jacket.
"Miss me?" He questioned as he smiled his trademark smile.
"Not really." Emily answered; she was too focused on her breathing to give Jason her full attention. She was scared.
"I see Noel took a toll on you." He looked between her clutching hands to her oxygen tank, chuckling slightly.
"What do you want, Jason?" Emily ignored his attempt to dominant her and tried to move further away, without actually letting him inside.
"May I come in?"
"No." She answered so quickly he was almost taken aback.
"That's a shame. I was hoping you'd say yes." Slowly reaching into his back pocket Jason pulled a gun and pointed it directly at her, almost teasing her with the power the weapon concealed.
Emily watched as Jason made his way inside her eyes still wide with horror at the fact he had pulled a gun on her. Shutting the door behind him Jason pointed the gun to the living room, when she didn't move he began angry and grabbed her arm.
The pain was still there from the scars Noel had made.
Pulling hard Jason sat Emily down and knelt in front of her.
"Got nothing to say now?" He mocked her silence as he continued to play with the gun.
"I'm assuming you're going to tell me what you want me to say." Emily took deep breaths, trying to hide the fact that she was terrified while all the while trying to remain calm.
"Oh Emily, you don't need to get defensive. I'm sure you're parents would like you to be grown up and mature."
"Don't talk about my parents." She gritted her teeth but quickly controlled herself before letting Jason get angry again.
"Shall we talk about something else then?" Jason asked as he sat down next to her on the lounge. Remaining completely still Emily clutched to the bag of oxygen tank that was keeping her calm.
"If you insist."
"Why don't we talk about that night, after the party?" Jason leant into Emily's ear and whispered, his voice was dark and deep, it made her uncomfortably grip harder on the bag next to her. "No? Maybe we could talk about Alison then?"
Emily felt her hand release its hold on the bag and felt it move towards Jason, he quickly responded by grabbing it and placed the gun next to her head while cocking the trigger.
"Uh-uh." He whispered in her ear, sending an ice cold shiver down her spine. "Come now, Emily."
Jason spoke formally and it was slightly off putting for Emily, he was always this very well-collected proper man, it was his form of manipulation and she was sure it always worked.
Still holding her hand Jason tightened his grip and brought it to his face. Emily pulled it away just as quickly as he had placed it there, he sighed before pressing the gun harshly onto Emily's temple out of anger but moments later he uncocked the gun and leaned back.
"I had a lot of time to think while I was away, Emily. And you see I realised that if I had just killed you I wouldn't have been stuck in there." Jason stood and walked around the room, revolving the gun in his hand as he walked. With Jason momentarily distracted she felt around in slacks pocket gently to find her phone.
"You didn't go to prison because you raped me. You screwed up and got caught for robbing a bank. You can blame me all you want but the truth will never change. What you did to me was wrong but you got away with it because I was scared to talk around you."
"You should have because then I probably wouldn't be here right now." He leant down in front of the suddenly confident brunette and moved a stray piece of hair from her face, quickly moving away from his touch Emily looked up and almost expected Jason to blow up in anger, but he didn't.
"You've grown more confident, I see."
"Ali, don't worry, she's probably asleep you know what those drugs are doing to her." Spencer whispered from across her desk as Alison looked at her phone for the tenth time that history lesson.
"She would normally message me, she hasn't Spence. I'm worried."
"Look we've got less than half an hour, I am sure she's fine."
Alison breathed in and placed her phone between her books, just in case she did receive a message. She was probably just being neurotic but she couldn't help it.
Less than five minutes had passed and Alison felt her phone buzz, jumping quickly to see what it was she unlocked her phone to find a very odd message from Emily.
J
It was the only thing she had sent and it was confusing to say the least, it wasn't as if it was a typo because it was just one letter.
Spencer looked over at Alison curiously, wondering why the blonde's eyebrows were scrunched together and noticing the brunette's gaze Alison reached across the aisle and showed Spencer the message. Shrugging her shoulders in defeat after several minutes of serious thinking Spencer went back to her work.
Alison continued to look at her phone trying to figure out why Emily would send just one letter and a "J" as well. What did "J" have to do with them?
Suddenly the very startled blonde stood from her seat, causing every head in the classroom to turn her way.
"Do you have something to say, Miss DiLaurentis?" The teacher asked, mildly offended for being interrupted.
"Jason." Alison whispered as she collected her books and looked over at Spencer, the taller brunette's eyes raised in horror as she herself connected the dots. Standing up she also grabbed her books and headed out of the classroom with Alison, not giving the teacher any time to gather thoughts as to why the pair had stood up and left in the first place.
"Get Hanna and Aria! I'll meet you at Emily's." Alison commanded before turning away and heading towards the exit.
"I'll get Toby too." Spencer called but Alison didn't respond, she was already out of the building and running for Emily's car. Her heart pounding in her ears as she forced her body to move faster.
"So, did I help with the confidence boost?" Jason lingered a little too close to Emily as he spoke, his gun pocking out of his pocket at each movement.
"No." Emily muttered while crossing her arms across her chest, hoping that Alison had gotten the message she had sent.
"Not at all?" Jason knelt in front of her and traced his finger tips across her thigh.
"No. It was all Alison." Emily said boldly and Jason's hand retracted as quickly as it had made landing.
"Ah, my little sister. So tell me, who is the better kisser, me or her?" Jason moved so close to Emily that she could hear and smell his breath, it was so off putting to a point where she wanted to close her eyes and hold her own breath.
"She is." She replied, not looking away from Jason, who was slowly losing his patience.
"Is that so? Well who is the better fuck then?" Jason's words were aggressive and very harsh, causing Emily to blink with almost every syllable. She swallowed in fear as Jason's hands moved away from his gun and towards her, one hand wrapping very slowly around her neck while the other held her arms tightly together. "Answer that question carefully, Emily."
"She is." Her voice was soft from the lack of air as Jason's grip slowly tightened around her, but she never stood down.
"JASON!"
Suddenly Alison barged through the door so fast that it had shut from the rebound of the wall. At the sound Jason had snapped his head away from Emily long enough for her to grab the gun in his pocket and then quickly kick him away.
Alison was in the living room within seconds and was about to join Emily's side when Jason stood and launched at his sister.
"Get off her." Emily ordered as she stood and faced the gun towards him. His eyebrows creased slightly in humour at the sight of Emily holding a weapon but when she cocked the trigger confidently he quickly rose from the floor and stood away from the panting Alison.
"It's over, Jason." Emily murmured, feeling very out of breath.
"Are you sure about that, Emily?" Her smirked and pointed to the oxygen tank that lay on the floor. At some point in the havoc Jason must have pulled on the tank and had broken the tubbing.
Emily felt her breath become shorter and shorter as she realised there was no longer any oxygen helping her.
"Em, focus. Breathe." Alison stood at one end of the room while Jason stood almost directly in front of her, the gun was still in her hands but they were weak. "You can do it." She said in a comforting manner, trying to get Emily to stay strong.
"I doubt that very much." Jason smirked an evil smile before grabbing the gun of Emily and pushing her over. The brunette fell helplessly to the floor and watched as Alison ran to her side.
"It's okay. You're okay, breath for me, Em. Breathe." Alison was panicking but she tried desperately had to control herself, for Emily.
"Ali..." The brunette struggled to even open her eyes but for a moment it was just her and Alison, so that was all that matter.
"You're going to be okay. Practice your breathing, remember?" Alison felt tears dwell in her eyes but before she could wipe them away she felt Jason's hands clutch at her hair and pull her backwards.
She felt Emily's hands try and hold onto her as support but the brunette was too weak.
"I told you to stay away from her, Ali." Jason barked as he pushed the small blonde against the closest wall.
"It's Alison!" She barked back, equally matching his terrifying tone. Pushing him with all the strength she could find Alison made one final attempt to run to Emily's side but Jason was too quick.
Within seconds he grabbed her and moments later a loud gunshot echoed through the house.
The sound made Emily jump and bring herself back to reality.
Alison looked down to her waist where a searing pain began pulsing against her, large amounts of blood was cascading from the wound that Jason's bullet had caused. The feeling in her legs disappeared and she fell to the ground, everything was a blur but in the darkness she could hear Emily call her name.
At the sight of Alison falling to the ground almost lifeless, Emily ran to Jason and pushed him so hard against the wall that it knocked both to the ground. He wrestled to dominant her but with so much adrenaline in her body Emily managed to hit him across the jaw once before he knocked the side of her head, causing her to fall to the ground.
Jason's hands reached around Emily's neck and held tightly, almost crushing her throat as he used all his strength to win against her.
His hands suffocated her and his eyes were on hers as they slowly closed.
Oxygen was leaving her body and the searing pain of fear seeped through her skin. Jason was above her again, this time taking her life away and she still couldn't defend herself or the girl she loved.
Emily let go of the hold on Jason's hands as she struggled for air to travel through to her one working lung, her thoughts on Alison.
There was another loud gunfire and suddenly Jason was on the ground next to Emily, his hands releasing his hold and her breathing was so faint she didn't know how she hadn't passed out. She quickly turned to Alison whose eyes were on her and her hand still holding the gun that had taken Jason's life.
"Ali!" Emily screamed as she quickly rushed to the blonde's side, her struggle for air completely forgotten.
"Hey." The blonde replied faintly, her hand holding onto her side in an attempt to stop the bleeding.
"You're okay; you're going to be okay." Emily had slipped her body underneath Alison's and was holding tightly with one hand while the other helped in trying to stop the bleeding.
"You're so beautiful..." Alison began, her hand sluggishly making its way to Emily's already tear soaked cheek. "... You were always the strong one, Emmy."
"No, Ali. You're strong too." Emily managed through her cries.
"I love you so much, you know that, right?"
"Don't do that. Don't you dare say any goodbyes..." Emily held tightly onto the blonde below her while she continued to push against the wound in her lower abdomen.
"Em... I saved you." Alison watched as Emily tried so very hard to keep her talking, to keep her alive and warm.
She felt so warm against the brunette's chest; Emily's heart rate, though fast, was comforting to the ear.
"You did, you're my hero, Ali." Emily leant down the slowly let her lips connect her Alison's cold ones. "I love you, so much."
"Emily?" Toby's voice vibrated a sense of hope through the house as he entered through the front door.
"In here Toby! Please!" Toby was dressed in his everyday clothes but still had his gun displayed when he entered the room, quickly rushing to Emily's side however when he took in the situation.
"The police are on their way." He said calmly as he went to check Jason's pulse. "An ambulance is with them."
"Did you hear that, Ali? You're going to be okay. Stay with me, alright?" Emily looked down at the very pale Alison, who smiled but closed her eyes due to a lack of energy.
"Ali, please stay with me." Alison forced her eyes to open once more at Emily's voice but the sucking feeling of sleep was pulling at her. A deep darkness kept drawing her to the other side, dragging her to a place where she didn't want to go.
Seconds later two men rushed into a room and made their way to Alison, they were dressed in a dark blue uniform so Emily assumed they were the ambulance.
"I'm officer Cavanaugh, I was off duty today but I was called here. The male is deceased and the blonde is in critical condition. I will stay behind to watch over the crime scene while you take Miss DiLaurentis and Miss Fields to the hospital." Toby order professionally and the two men nodded quickly. Within seconds Emily was out of Alison's reach and was being manoeuvred into ambulance with Alison close behind in a stretcher.
Looking down at her hands she could only see Alison's blood, the red sticky liquid invaded her skin in a reminder of how seriously injured she was. She tried wiping it on her clothes but it didn't seem to do anything, Alison's blood had stained her body.
Minutes passed and the ambulance roar to life and sped down the road but the only thing Emily could seem to focus on was Alison, the blonde had an oxygen mask covering her face while in her left side, next to the ambulance officer, was a needle pocking into her skin, she assumed it was monitoring the blonde's very faint heartbeat because there was a machine that was beeping every so often in the background.
"Is she okay?" Emily asked as she ignored the tearing feel that ripped through her lungs. One was working at full capacity just to keep the brunette breathing while the other struggled along, like the last runner in a marathon trying desperately hard to pretend they still had a chance of winning.
"She is stable, for now. Now look towards me." The officer pointed a bright torch into Emily's eyes, quickly monitored her and then gave her another face mask. Gratefully taking it she breathed in the oxygen and let it assist in the collapsed lung that had given up half way through the race.
"You're Emily Fields, right?" The man questioned, noticing her appreciation for the mask that surrounded her lips.
"Yes." She muffled through the mask, her eyes not leaving the unconscious Alison as she listened to the sound of the constant beeping that send shimmers of hope each time it chimed throughout the vehicle.
"Punctured lung, correct?" This time she couldn't help but look away and give the man a curious look.
"That's right." She brought her mask away to look at him quizzically.
"You're very lucky." He motioned for her to keep the mask at her mouth; she did as she was told.
"Em?" Alison's voice croaked painfully, her sudden vocalisation surprising Emily slightly.
"Yes, Ali? I'm here." The brunette quickly took Alison's hand and began smoothing the skin over with her thumb, gently reminding the blonde she was safe.
"It hurts." Her words were so soft Emily could barely hear them through the mask.
"It's okay; they're going to make it better." She was convincing more herself then Alison at this point; the ambulance officer had several bandages surrounding the wound that was the bullet inside Alison's body.
"Don't forget about me, Emmy..." Alison croaked with her eyes barely open but the only thing that mattered was the blurring vision of her brave brunette.
"I won't and I never will. I promise." Emily quickly brought the cold blonde's free hand to her lips and kissed it gently.
"Good." Alison whispered before finally losing the battle to keep her eyes open.
Suddenly the constant beeping that had been echoing through the ambulance decreased and then loudly repeated in a long dragged out noise.
"What does that mean?" Emily asked in panic as Alison's hand went limp in her own.
The man didn't reply but before Emily could ask again the ambulance pulled up to an abrupt halt and the back doors flew open.
Suddenly Alison was being pulled out and dragged inside the hospital with Emily still holding her hand in refusal to letting it go.
Over hearing the medical chaos that she couldn't understand Emily was being pulled at by other nurses trying to keep not only Alison safe but herself as well.
"What is wrong with her?" Emily screamed but her legs went limp from exhaustion, her mask had disappeared when she got out of the ambulance as she had no longer been caring for her own wellbeing.
"Ma'am, calm down. You're friend is in good hands." A nurse tried telling her as Emily tried desperately hard to stand and run after the people that had taken Alison.
"She needs me!" Emily yelled in response as her lungs tried to fill with oxygen, her body breaking down from the viscous amounts of work it hadn't grown accustom to yet.
"Right now, she needs the doctors and you need your own doctors." The woman's voice was soft and calming but it wasn't helping her at all.
When Emily tried to stand up once more her legs slipped and she fell hard to the ground, causing her only decent lung to lose its air in a rough knock.
Emily felt her body stop working.
Her thoughts on Alison... her heart had stopped in the ambulance... it had stopped.
Knowing that Alison was somewhere in this hospital and away from her was heartbreaking but feeling as though her one and only love might be... gone... was excruciatingly painful.
Letting the noise around her evaporate, Emily slowly drifted away from reality into a deep darkness.
"Has there been any news?" Emily heard in the background; her eyes still closed but her subconscious coming back from the dark.
"Nothing, what are we going to do? Emily isn't going to cope." The voices were recognisable now, it was her mother and father and they weren't far away. Trying to open her eyes Emily twitched her lips slightly; the familiar feeling of a plastic mask surrounded her mouth once more.
Groaning in pain when inhaling all conversation in the room stopped as Emily awoke from her deep sleep.
"Em?" She heard her father's voice lift dramatically.
Groaning again she moved her neck and slowly opened her eyes, the bright light of day invading her sore muscles as she adjusted to her new surroundings.
"Oh thank goodness!" Pam declared as she rushed to her daughter's side from the other side of the room.
"Why won't I cope?" She cut right to the point. "Where is Alison?"
Pam and Wayne looked between each other, knowing they couldn't lie but weren't willing to tell the truth.
"Where is she?" Emily forced from her broken body. The pain in her lungs still very evident even though it was obvious she had been asleep for some time.
"She's... she's..." Pam tried but at the look of Emily's heartbroken eyes she couldn't finish.
"Tell me! Please... god, please just tell me..." Emily felt tears fall from her eyes and down her cheeks but stopping at her oxygen mask. "Is... is she dead?"
Emily felt her break at the words, her body was a mess on the hospital bed as her parents quickly looked up realising how little the brunette actually knew.
"No! No, Emily. She's not." Pam fumbled quickly, her hand darting to Emily's in comfort.
"Then I want to see her!" Emily demanded, her hands trying to move the sheets from her body.
"Em... she's in a coma." Wayne interjected, his voice almost as broken as her.
Emily stopped in her tracks and looked between her parents, trying to find any signs that they were just joking but their face remained the same sorrowful expression.
She leant back against the bed, feeling hopeless, her chest heavy with a wave grief and guilt. Pam felt tears fall from her eyes as she watched Emily process her husband's words and slowly she saw the light in the brunette's eyes fade. The hope that Alison gave Emily slowly disappeared as she realised her girlfriend was in a deep slumber that no one could wake her from.
"Can I see her? Please?" Emily begs this time, her voice a bare whisper as she takes a big breath, trying to calm herself.
Pam and Wayne share another look before Wayne exits the room; her eyes follow him before returning to her mother.
"Mum?"
"He's just getting a doctor baby." Pam says comfortingly and they wait in an eerie silence.
"What happened to her?" Emily questions, trying to push out the sound of her heart pounding in her ears.
"We don't know a lot because we're not family but her parent's haven't shown up."
"Have you seen her?" Emily's thoughts are on Alison's parents, how could they not come and see their daughter?
Pam shakes her head and she sighs with disappointment evident in her tone.
Moments later Wayne re-enters the room and is followed by the same doctor Emily saw the last time she was at the hospital.
"Hello, Emily." Doctor Williams says formally, a large folder in his hands.
"Hi, again. I want to see Alison." She mumbles, ignoring the formality.
"It isn't that easily, Emily. She's in separate part of the hospital; I can't just allow anyone to enter. It's strictly family members only."
"She's my girlfriend!" Emily almost yells towards the innocent doctor, she wasn't mad at him, she knew he was just doing his job but her anger clouded her judgement.
"I know but we must get in contact with her parents first. They are legally responsible for her."
"But they kicked her out? She has been living with us for weeks." Wayne stood close to the doctor, sharing Emily's frustration.
"I am aware of the situation, Mr. Fields but legally I have no choice-"
Suddenly the door burst open and Kenneth was in the room, with Jessica close behind him, her face pale and her eyes bloodshot from crying, her husband however was radiating pure fury.
"It's all your fault! You stupid slut!" Kenneth yelled at the top of his lungs as he pointed towards Emily harshly. Doctor Williams quickly stood between him and Emily, protecting the brunette from the danger the eldest DiLaurentis was presenting.
"Calm down, Mr. DiLaurentis." Williams muses neutrally.
"No! My son is dead because of her!" Kenneth tried to push passed the doctor once more but within seconds Toby was in the room and had him by his expensive suit, pushing the doctor, Wayne and Kenneth apart he stood in front of red hot angry Kenneth.
"It was your son's gun." Toby raised his voice, keeping his superiority between him and Kenneth.
"Well he didn't shoot himself!" He yelled back, trying to dominant Toby.
"Emily didn't kill Jason." Toby said, lowering his voice significantly and everyone's head turned to the crying brunette; her guilt had taken over her emotions as she felt responsible for Alison's condition.
A split second had passed and Emily felt a small presence touch her hand, looking down to assure herself that no one was there she felt a large pinch of disappointment surge through her when there was no hand upon her own.
"She is not allowed anywhere near my daughter! She has corrupted her!" Kenneth backed away, not believing Toby's words and looked towards Doctor Williams who was standing by Wayne.
"But Mr. DiLaurentis-"
"If I see that girl or her family anywhere near Alison you will have a law suit on your hands! Do you understand me?" Kenneth backed away further and looked between Toby and the doctor, who nodded at his question.
"You can't do that!" Emily struggled to yell towards him but she thought she felt another touch on her hand, causing her to look down again.
"Yes I can and when she's out of here you will never see her again. I promise you that, Emily."
She looked at Kenneth and saw the spitting image of Jason, his dark eyes staring straight through her and his tall structure dominating her even from across the room.
"It's time for you to leave." Doctor Williams ordered as he noticed Emily's heart rate slowly begin to increase in distress. "Go to your daughter, she needs someone with her."
"Once she wakes up you call me." Kenneth said as he and the doctor walked out, Toby close behind.
"You're leaving?"
"I have a funeral to arrange because of that slut." Kenneth's arm went around Jessica's waist as she let a small sob leave her lips.
"That's enough." Toby ordered, shutting the door of Emily's room, blocking out the conversation. "And there is something you should know about what happened-"
"I don't want to hear it!" Kenneth raised his hand to Toby's face, stopping him from revealing the truth. "If they see Alison, I want them arrested."
Leaving no time for either Toby or the doctor to say another word Kenneth and Jessica turned away and headed down the hallway and out of site.
She was lying down in the ambulance, talking to Emily, and then suddenly it was dark.
Forcing her eyes to open Alison felt Emily's hand against her own as they were running into the hospital.
"Ali! Wake up." Emily yelled over and over again.
"Em, it's okay." Alison spoke slightly confused, her voice perfectly fine and the pains in her body gone. Looking down at her lower abdomen there was no wound.
Suddenly they stopped running as nurses pulled Emily away from her, getting up she followed them but looking back she saw herself still on the stretcher that had been placed on a hospital bed.
Her eyes were closed and her body was pale white.
"We need a defibrillator!"She heard someone call and it was then that Alison understood, her heart had stopped, she was dead.
Quickly the bed was being pushed through two doors and almost out of sight. She didn't know what to do, did she follow where they were taking her body or did say stay with Emily?
"Emily? It's okay! I'm here." Alison tried again, deciding to stay with her girlfriend who was struggling to breathe on the ground, a nurse at her side trying to calm her down.
But she just kept trying to run to Alison. Seconds passed and she fell to ground, knocking the wind out of her and causing her to fall unconscious.
"Emily!" She called, trying to get her to wake up. "Help her!" She yelled towards the nurse who was completely oblivious to her presence.
"Let's get her to observation." The woman commented as she and another male nurse lifted her into a bed another nurse had brought to their side.
Alison followed them, holding Emily's hand the entire time as they darted in and out of hallways.
"Wake up, Emmy." Alison felt tears form in her eyes as she sat next to the brunette when they finally put her in a private room.
"She will be up soon and when she is, just come get me." Doctor Williams declared as he spoke to Emily's parents but she wasn't interested, she wanted Emily to be awake. It had been hours before her parents were allowed into the room but she wasn't focused on time, her eyes never left Emily.
"Has there been any news on Alison?" Pam questioned her eyes teary and Alison's head shot up at the sound of her name. Letting go of Emily's warm hands she walked to the talking adults.
"We managed to bring her back, but she is in a coma."
"Will she be okay?" Wayne finally spoke after several long minutes of silence.
"It's hard to say. It's all up to her, we've have done everything we can do to save her now it's her turn to fight."
Alison looked at the doctor curiously.
"How am I supposed to fight this?" But it was no use, no one could hear her.
"I am going to see her now, I'll see if there has been any change in her condition." Alison watched as the doctor and Emily's parents shook hands before he departed, quickly following they walked throughout the hospital, going down several hallways Alison had never seen before, while every so often Doctor Williams would nod or say hello to someone.
Eventually they made it to a large door frame; pressing the green button the doors flew opened, granting them access.
Saying good morning to one of the nurses he continued to walk. Alison was not aware that much time had passed. She didn't even see the sun go down and then come back up again; she had watched Emily the whole time.
"How is she doing?" Williams questioned as he walked with the nurse down another hallway. Stopping at a door that had a small sheet of glass on it, looking through Alison saw herself lying on a bed with tubes sticking out of her arms and what looked like a large tube going down her throat covered by a mask. She rubbed her throat subconsciously at the sight but she didn't feel anything.
"No change unfortunately, but I have a good feeling about her." The nurse was short but was very muscley, she was young, probably no older than twenty five, she had beautiful brown hair tied up in a loose bun and a warm looking jacket surrounding her entire upper body. She looked comfortable, which Alison almost found odd.
"Her girlfriend is stable, I'm sure she will wake up soon." Williams tone was kind; it seemed his formality was only in front of patients and family. They opened the door and walked into the room, Alison could hear lots of beeping as the machines worked to keep her alive.
"I'm sure she'll want to see her." The nurse smiled as she walked to Alison's side. "Did you see those videos? I can tell by them she's going to be here. That's love for sure. Hey, Alison." The nurse said happily, rubbing the hair that had fallen across her face, Alison felt the touch against her forehead but didn't think much of it, except that it was slightly comforting.
"Look Jackie, I know even in a coma they can hear us but you seem to take it very seriously." Williams chuckled as he wrote a few things down in his notepad.
"Someone's got to be here with her." Jackie smiled and checked the machines that surrounded Alison, she found it strange - to be looking down at herself.
Moments later there was a soft beeping sound from the pocket of Williams white coat; pulling out a small pager he excused himself from the room with Alison close behind him.
The doctor walked back the way he came and eventually was back in the same ward Emily was in, Wayne was at the front desk, obviously waiting for him.
"She's awake." Wayne stated and he nodded.
Following the two men back into the room Alison ran to Emily's side.
She looked tired and very sore. Her breathing was faint but her pulse seemed to be normal which is good.
Alison watched as the conversation unfolded in front of her, Emily demanded to see her but the doctor said no.
"Let her see me!" Alison ran towards the doctor and stood right in his face, hoping that this would do something, though knowing it was useless.
"I am aware of the situation, Mr. Fields but legally I have no choice-"
Moments later her father and mother burst through the door and a full on argument blew up, minutes of argument passed and then Toby was in the room.
As her father spoke viciously towards her girlfriend, Alison couldn't help but place her hand on the brunette's in support, causing her to look down each time.
"Stay strong, Em." Alison moved closer to the brunette and whispered in her ear. Emily didn't flinch, her words unheard Alison wiped away a tear that had fallen down her cheek.
Alison watched as her parents, the doctor and Toby left the room, leaving Emily in a agonised state crying very hard into her mother's shoulder.
"It's okay, Emily." Pam whispered over and over again, holding Emily tightly as if she could fall to pieces any minute.
Alison looked on with hurt eyes.
There was no way her father would keep her from Emily, she decided then and there that she was going to do whatever it takes to wake up again.
Wayne entered the room not long after; his shoulders slumped in frustration and disappointment. Pam looked up and gave him a looked but he shook his head, they were obviously exchanging thoughts on Emily seeing Alison.
Wayne joined Pam on the bed and let his arms go around the two most important women in his life and they stayed like this for a while, waiting for Emily's sobs to subside.
After an hour Emily finally managed to calm herself but she remained in her parents hold, Alison watched wishing she could just wake up and join them.
Her thoughts were interrupted when there was a soft knock at the door, followed by Spencer, Aria and Hanna popped their heads through to see if they could enter.
"Hey." Emily croaked her voice sore from so much crying but never the less happy to see her friends.
"How are you feeling?" Spencer asked as she opens the door fully and walks in, the others close behind her. Alison smiles at their presence.
"Tired."
"I'm glad you're okay." Hanna said her voice quiet and almost broken, and it almost breaks Alison heart just watching her friends look so depressed.
"I'm fine; I just want to see Alison." Pam and Wayne excused themselves, saying they were going to talk to Doctor Williams about what was going to happen from now on.
"They won't let you see her?" Aria asked when Pam and Wayne were gone. Emily shook her head.
"We can't see her either." Spencer mumbled as she sat down, Hanna sat on the bed next to Emily and Aria sat on Spencer's lap even though there were two available seats.
Alison observed as her friends and girlfriend joined hands in support, slowly walking to Emily's side she held her hand once more and lightly rubbed the skin.
"This is going to sound weird... but I feel like... she's here." Emily looked down at her hand and then back to her friends.
Spencer would have usually quirked an eyebrow at such a remark but she believed her.
Hanna and Aria nodded in agreement, sensing the feeling too.
"Can you guys give me a minute?" Emily suddenly quips but her friends don't hesitate in giving her what she wanted.
Alison looks at girlfriend curiously as her friends leave the room, her hand still playing with the soft skin.
"Ali?" Emily whispers, looking nowhere in particular and Alison quickly jumped at the acknowledgment. "I won't let your dad stop me, I promise. I'll do whatever it takes to be with you. I promised you I wouldn't forget and I'm keeping that promise. Just stay with me, okay?"
Alison smiled and felt a tear roll down her cheek once more; taking Emily's hand she squeezed tightly, hoping the brunette would feel it.
"I will, Emily."