Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Pam sat in her lounge room curled up next to the half asleep Wayne waiting for the last of her television show to finish. It was just after eleven when she finally decided to wake her husband up and head to bed.
"Alison seems nice." Wayne said randomly as he turned the last light off in the kitchen before he and Pam began their quiet ascent of the stairs. Pam had been wondering when Alison would come up in conversation, she knew that Wayne was sceptical of the DiLaurentis child but she was glad he wasn't overly bothered. This may have been because his mind was vacated with thought's of Alison's "not boyfriend" Noel Kahn. Even Pam could tell by looking at him that he was trouble and she always believed in looking at the best of people.
"She is. Em is happier with her around." Wayne nodded as he headed to the last room in the hallway; he was pretty determined to get some sleep since he had work the next day. He looked back curiously when Pam had stopped outside Emily's closed door; she was probably doing her usual check up on Emily, his wife would always checked on their daughter before going to bed herself.
"You coming?" He whispered as he watched Pam observe the door as if it would reveal some secret answer to a question she was asking it.
"Give me a moment." Pam replied. Wayne was too tired to bother questioning further and headed into his room.
Pam gently placed her hand on the door knob and quietly opened the door. Neither Emily nor Alison had emerged from the room since they entered it, usually it wouldn't have caught Pam's attention but she was curious. Were Alison and her daughter having the best friend's slumber party and up talking about boys all night or were they watching movies? She didn't know but she wanted to know.
As Pam slipped her head through the crack in the door she was surprised to be greeted with darkness, Emily had not slept in full on darkness in months, the only light that illuminated the room was the moonlight shinning through the window.
Looking over towards the bed she found the two girls under the covers and fast asleep. Emily's arm securely protecting Alison as the blonde snuggled against her daughter's chest; it was a very sweet sight.
Pam wasn't sure but from where she was standing she thought Alison was shirtless. Astonishingly Pam found she wasn't overly concerned, in fact she was happy Emily had found someone to trust and confide in. Smiling to herself Pam quietly shut the door behind her and headed to her own room for some well needed rest.
Emily watched Alison's chest rise up and down as the blonde slept soundlessly. Looking upon Alison Emily couldn't see anything else but human perfection, Alison was perfect in an imperfect way, the brunette cared for her in a way where even Alison's flaws was just something else to love.
Drawing her eyes away from the snoozing Alison Emily realised it was the early hours of the morning, still too early that she couldn't get up and occupy herself while she waited for Alison to awake but not too early for the sun to slowly appear in the far distance. Sighing to herself, Emily briefly thought of having a shower but she didn't want to disturb how content the blonde was lying next to her.
As the brunette lay in silence she was dreading the fact that she would have to go to school today, she didn't know if Noel was going to be there and she didn't know if he was going to try and talk to her. Emily just didn't know what to think of Noel. How could he have possibly known after all this time? In fact if he did know, surely he would've said something a long time ago? Emily began to think Noel knew more than he was letting on. What worried the brunette most was that Noel had the power to tell Alison's father, really, what was stopping him? In fact Emily was a little curious as to why he hadn't already, which lead to having a bad feeling it was going to end badly.
"I can hear you over-thinking from here." Emily jumped at Alison's voice, she was of course aware that the blonde was there but it startled Emily that Alison was suddenly up.
Emily looked down at Alison, her eyes were still shut, it made her think momentarily that she was hearing things but when Alison moved her head up to kiss the brunette lightly on the lips Emily had forgotten what she was even thinking about.
"Good morning." Emily finally spoke after several seconds of silence.
"What are you doing up so early Em?" Alison rubbed her eyes and sat up from Emily's chest, the brunette instantly missed the touch.
"I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what Noel said." Emily knew she shouldn't worry of such little things but she couldn't help it. Lying there with a naked Alison however made it somewhat harder to focus, Emily's eyes fell upon Alison's smooth skin, her shoulders bare and her neck practically begging Emily to kiss it.
"How'd you sleep over all?" Alison asked as she moved into Emily's torso, attempting to comfort the brunette.
"Pretty well actually, for the first time in the long time. I didn't even hear mum come in a check on me-" Emily paused and looked down at a rather confused Alison.
"What?" Alison looked at Emily with curious eyes and wondered where the brunette's thoughts were going.
"My mum usually comes in my room just before she goes to bed. To make sure I'm okay..." Emily sat up from her resting position and leant against the frame of the bed, thinking that her mother may have actually seen the pair together asleep while the blonde was naked was slightly terrifying.
"How do you know she comes in?" Alison asked as she brought the blankets with her while joining Emily against the bed frame.
"I'm usually awake but I pretend to be asleep so she doesn't worry." Emily let her arm wrap around the blonde and bring her into a warm embrace as they watched the sun peer further from the hills.
"You seemed to sleep well last night." Alison murmured as her hands moved across the skin of Emily's arm.
"Thanks to you." The brunette said laying a kiss upon Alison's head affectionately, the blonde smiled at the gesture and rested her head further into Emily.
"Last night was perfect Em." Alison kissed lightly at the top of Emily's collar bone and made a small trail towards her neck. The gesture was purely innocent, though Alison would've loved to have gone further, she was merely displaying a sign of comfort with the brunette. "Thank you for making it so special."
"You deserve special Ali; you don't need to thank me." Alison smiled at Emily's sweet words; she was not used to such kindness in her life. Someone always wanted something from her but Emily didn't, she was perfect and Alison considered herself incredibly lucky.
"As much as I don't want you to, you might want to put a shirt on. My mum will come in and wake us up soon." Emily leant into kiss Alison quickly before getting out of bed and handing the blonde her disregarded clothes that lay on the floor from the night before. Alison smiled softly and let the sheets fall from her body so she was able to dress herself.
Emily couldn't help but watch as the blonde fluently and effortlessly dress herself.
At first Alison didn't notice Emily's wondering eye but when the blonde finally pulled her shirt over her head she was met with the brunette's gaze she found herself smiling.
"Come here." Alison said providing Emily her hand and then pulling the brunette towards her and onto the bed. Kissing Emily passionately Alison rolled the pair around and straddled the brunette comfortably.
Emily's hands instinctively moved to Alison's waist and was disappointed when she realised the blonde had already put her pants back on, Emily was too focus on the blonde changing rather than what she was actually changing into.
Slowly Alison began moving in for a kiss when a knock at Emily's door interrupted them. Swiftly Alison lay back on the bed in just enough time before Pam entered the room.
"Morning Mum." Emily half stuttered while sitting up to lean against the bed frame once again, Pam paused briefly before smiling at her daughter and entering the room. Her eyes moved over to Alison who still seemed to be asleep, she felt bad for waking the pair up but she found it odd to have Emily just leaning against the bed.
Emily followed her mother's gaze down to Alison; the blonde was lying down and facing the other way. From Emily's angle it seemed Alison was fake sleeping and it made her chuckle.
"Morning sweetheart, you should get up soon." Pam looked over at Alison again before smiling at Emily. She could have sworn Alison was not wearing a shirt when she looked in on the pair last night but Pam was beginning to think she was imagining things.
"Yeah, um I'll wake Ali up and we'll head downstairs in a bit." Pam nodded and without another word she left Emily's room and shut the door behind her.
Emily looked over at Alison who was still pretending to be asleep and it caused her to smile devilishly. Quickly Emily rolled over onto of the blonde and held her in place with the brunette's hands on either side of Alison's head, the blonde looked up at Emily with a surprised expression but it was soon replaced with her trade mark smile that Emily had come to love.
"You'd better wake up." Emily said as she kissed down Alison's neck, the blonde's hands instinctively went into Emily's hair and held her tightly.
"I could stay like this forever." Alison murmured while pulling Emily into a deep kiss. For several moments the fight for dominance occurred before Emily finally gave in and let Alison control the kiss. Their tongues moving with each other as Emily let her hands explore Alison's body and as badly as she wanted to continue this endeavour she knew her mother would come back upstairs to check on them if they weren't down for breakfast soon.
"We should get up." Emily muttered through the kissing. When Alison only responded with further kissing Emily had to force herself to lift herself up from the blonde and then get out of bed. It seemed significantly harder getting out of bed when Alison was in it.
The blonde groaned at Emily's leaving and rolled over, covering herself with the sheets.
"Come on. I'll make you a coffee."
On the way to school Emily drove in silence while she listened to Alison sing along to the stereo, the brunette always found Alison's voice soothing and she could listen for hours.
"You are so cute." Emily said as she cruised along the main street of Rosewood. Alison blushed softly and her hand went to Emily's that lay effortlessly on her leg, the brunette had been using one hand to drive the whole time anyway. Entwining their fingers Emily brought Alison's hand to her lips and kissed it softly.
"What do you want to do about telling people?" Alison broke the silence when Emily pulled up down the road from the school. Turning off the engine Emily looked down at their combined hands.
"What do you want?" Emily wasn't so bothered about her school knowing about their relationship, she did however know word travelled fast in Rosewood. Alison seemed to be thinking, her eyes stuck also on their hands.
"I do like holding your hand like this." Alison smiled and squeezed Emily's hand softly. Moments later there was a knock on Emily's window causing both girls to jump and detached hands.
Hanna was standing on the other side smiling and waving at both girls, giving them a playful wink before opening Emily's door.
"You two are just so adorable!" Hanna squealed while grabbing Emily's hand and pulling her out of the car. Alison rolled her eyes and got out, grabbing both her and Emily's bag since the brunette had no time to grab it herself before being pulled into a hug by Hanna.
"Han calm down. I think you're more excited than the two of them combined." Aria commented as she walked over to the group, Spencer close behind.
"I'm sorry! I'm just so excited for you guys." Hanna squealed again as she finally let go of Emily. Alison smiled softly and rolled her eyes again at the blonde, she was very adorable when it came to people and relationship.
Out of nowhere Noel appeared and joined the group, both Emily and Alison became uncomfortable, neither girl could understand his obsession.
"Why are we excited for them?" Noel said while squeezing himself between Spencer and Hanna. There was an awkward silence in which all eyes fell on Alison and Emily. Noel's stare bore into Emily, daring her to look back but instead her eyes focused on the ground where an ant wondered obliviously to the situation above.
"Nothing Noel. Please go away, how many times do I have to tell you?" Alison broke the silence and spoke with confidence; she was becoming rather sick of Noel and his fixation with her and Emily. Surely he had something better to do.
"Actually Ali I need to talk to you for one second. Would you mind?" Noel gestured away from the group and waited for Alison's response, at first Alison merely stood there, feeling the stare of everyone there but she was growing frustrated with Noel and finally nodded.
Alison gave Emily her bag and a comforting smile before leaving the group and walking a couple of paces away so that Emily was not far but still out of ear shot.
"What do you want this time Noel?" Alison said while turning on her feet and crossing her arms in unison.
"I just wanted to say congratulations. A girlfriend, huh? Does daddy know? I bet he'd be super impressed, especially with your choice of partner." Noel watched Alison's reaction, he could see fear bubble up inside her, he liked that he was controlling her so well.
Alison could feel a small lump develop in her throat but she hid her struggle and attempted to seem un-phased by Noel and his words.
"You don't know anything Noel." Any attempt Alison made of sounding confident was foiled; she was too focused on Emily in the background, watching the pair the brunette could tell what the topic of conversation was.
"Oh but I do and I don't think your father would be impressed with you even knowing Emily, letting alone fucking her. You must really want to piss him off."
All four girls that were observing the conflict could hear Noel. Spencer, Aria and Hanna looked at each other before looking over at Emily curiously, wondering why Alison's dad would have such a big problem with Emily.
Emily however was watching Alison, she was getting angry and the brunette could tell she wasn't going to hold it in forever.
"Got nothing to say Alison? Nothing to say about the fact that your girlfriend is the reason to why your brother is in jail?" Noel had a patronising tone, he was trying to get underneath Alison's skin and Emily could tell it was working.
"How do you know about Jason?" Alison stuttered, she was losing all her confidence and Noel could sense it.
"I know more about Jason than you think. Maybe you should check and make sure your girlfriend isn't a dirty slut and a liar next time before going against your family." Noel's words pierced both Emily and Alison's skin; the taller boy momentarily looked at Emily while he spoke before drawing his attention back to Alison. The blonde was mad and she felt her hand drop her bag, Emily knew within seconds Alison was ready to jump at Noel, quickly reaching her side Emily held the blonde's arm tightly and stopped her from moving any further.
"You're just jealous Noel! You're jealous Emily got me and you didn't!" Alison was almost screaming at Noel and a large group of people began gathering around them to watch. Emily was holding Alison tightly, though the blonde was putting up a fight she was trying very hard to escape Emily's hold and hurt Noel.
"Ali it's okay, let it go. He's not worth it." Emily tried to calm the blonde down but it was proving to be difficult, Alison to say the least, was very mad. Spencer, Hanna and Aria joined the pair and stood in front of Noel defensively.
"Yeah listen to your slut of a girlfriend." Noel almost spat the words towards Emily and everyone began whispering in the crowd. The brunette herself was beginning to feel angry but with her friends in the way she felt secure. Alison stopped fighting and straightened herself up; she moved towards Noel and stood between her friends. Moving closer to Noel she struck her hand across his cheek.
It angered her to the core how he was talking about Emily; to her he was lucky he only got a slap.
"Alison DiLaurentis!" A voice came through the crowd that began separating at the teacher's presence. Emily's biology teacher that she could never remember the name walked towards the group. Alison kicked herself at being caught, she knew she would get in trouble and Noel would get away with everything like he always did, it was his special talent. "Come with me to the principal's office. The rest of you get to class."
Alison picked up her bag and looked at her friends, they all had unimpressed looks on their face and she could tell they were angry at Noel. Emily looked at Alison and went to hold her but the teacher called for the blonde a second time. Quickly catching up Alison was soon out of sight and her friends were left with a smug Noel.
"Noel I'm serious leave us alone." Emily said turning to Noel, his eyebrow raised and he crossed his arms, showing Emily little interest.
"Or what? You'll get me thrown in jail too?" Noel had an accomplished look on his face; the girls that were standing by Emily looked towards her with confusion and curiosity.
"If you knew Jason so well then you'd know he got busted for robbing a bank. It was nothing to do with me. Now leave us alone." Emily didn't give Noel another second to speak, she turned and grabbed Hanna's arm pulling her away from him. Spencer and Aria both gave Noel resentful looks and followed.
"What was he going on about Emily?" Hanna asked as she looked back at Noel who still had a pleased look on his face.
"I have no idea." Emily lied and headed inside the school building and went looking for the principal office. The brunette insisted the others headed to their class and she would see them at lunch. As Emily made her way down the halls she could hear foot steps behind her, at first she figured it was just someone late for class but when the footsteps grew closer she moved her hand instinctively to her jacket pocket. In this morning's hast of getting ready for school Emily had forgotten to pack it and instantly regretted it. Turning around Emily was expecting Noel to be standing behind her but instead was met with the much shorter Ben. Though Emily wasn't a fan of Ben she felt herself instantly relax, she felt he wasn't a threat.
"Hello Emily. I'll walk you to class, since we do have English together." Ben's offer was slightly odd but she shook her head and looked down the hall where the principal's office wasn't far off.
"That's okay Ben I have to go to the principal's. I'll be in class shortly." Emily couldn't really understand why they were being so polite to each other. In fact she couldn't stand Ben but he was significantly better than Noel.
"I'll walk you there then." Ben began heading down the hallway and then paused waiting for Emily to follow, the brunette was slightly curious to Ben's change in behaviour towards her. Decided it was only a short walk Emily followed Ben and moved swiftly down the hallway. Suddenly Ben's hand was on Emily's arm and was pulling her into the janitor's closet, his hand against her mouth silencing any chance of the brunette calling for help.
"Shut up." Ben whispered as he held Emily's wrists tightly, her heart rate was escalating and she could feel the panic race through her bones, she couldn't go through this again. "I'm not going to hurt you. That's not my job just be quiet and do what I say." Ben held something to Emily's throat; she didn't want to push her luck and decided to give him what he wanted. The brunette nodded softly and felt a tear fall from her eye, she was terrified.
Alison walked to lunch in a terrible mood, though she was lucky and was let off with a warning because apparently she had a clean record at school to help her, she still felt frustrated. She shouldn't have let Noel get under her skin but he infuriated her greatly but Alison knew she would feel better as soon as she saw Emily.
"Hey. Did you get in much trouble?" Hanna asked as Alison sat down with a well needed coffee.
"I got a warning. Apparently Noel has caused trouble before so I don't get punishment as such but if it happens again I'm gonna be in trouble." Alison pulled her phone out of her bag hoping for a message from Emily but to her surprise there wasn't. Spencer, Aria and Hanna looked at Alison awkwardly. "What?" Alison asked curiously.
"That slap was slightly horrifying." Spencer mumbled through sipping her coffee. Aria looked away and Hanna took a loud bite from a carrot stick.
"It wasn't that bad." Alison said while blushing.
"It sounded like a whip cracking." Spencer continued, both Aria and Hanna laughed.
"Very funny, have you guys seen Em?" Alison looked around the court yard in hopes Emily would appear any moment but the brunette was nowhere to be seen.
"No. Not since she went to the principal's office to find you." Hanna said through a bite of another carrot stick. Alison raised her eyebrows at Hanna's statement but also at her lack of manners.
"I didn't see her at the principal's office." Alison looked down at her phone again deciding she would call Emily. The phone went straight to voice mail and Alison began to worry. If Emily had decided to go home she would have notified Alison she was doing so.
"Relax Ali; I'm sure she's around here somewhere." Aria moved closer to Alison and placed a comforting hand on the blonde's shoulder. Alison looked at her phone screen with a picture of her and Emily; it made her miss the brunette more. The girls moved into conversation but Alison didn't pay attention, her thoughts were on Emily and her absence.