Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Wherever Emily was, it was cold.
Slowly opening her eyes the brunette was greeted with an unfamiliar dark room. She had no idea where she was.
The last thing she remembered was Ben had pushed her into the janitor's closet, told her to do as she was told and then escorted her outside.
Get in the car or I'll hurt Alison.
Ben's voice echoed in her head.
The threats were constant until Emily had made it into the back of his car; within seconds of sitting down he had covered the brunette's mouth with a cloth that smelt weird. At first Emily struggled against him but as she breathed in the fumes it slowly knocked her out and the next thing she knew she was waking up here.
As Emily looked around to take her surroundings in she realised she was lying on an old bed, it looked rusty and like it would fall apart at the slightest movement but in an attempted to get up she realised her hands were tied down and her mouth was covered with tape.
"Help!" Emily tried to scream through the tape, though she knew it was useless she couldn't help it, the fear spreading through her was over bearing and controlling.
Moments later Emily could hear the door at the far end of the room open, trying to move again she squinted over to the door trying to figure out who had walked through it, however the figure was in all black with a ski mask and a hood, therefore unrecognisable.
"Hello Emily." His voice was low and Emily couldn't identify it but it sounded familiar.
"Emily if you're ignoring me because of what Noel said I'm sorry. Please just call me back." Alison was beginning to feel desperate as she left Emily a third voice mail message.
Emily's phone had either been turned off or the battery had died, regardless it didn't explain the brunette's absence.
The day had been unbearable not knowing where Emily was, at lunch Alison briefly thought of ringing Pam and seeing if she had a clue where her daughter might be but Spencer insisted Emily would show up. But now as the bell rang for the end of the day Alison began to feel sick with worry.
"Ali, chill out. She probably went home sick and is asleep." Spencer said as she, Aria and Hanna watched the blonde put her phone in her bag. The four girls walked through the main doors and outside.
"Spence if she went home sick, why is her car still here?" Hanna asked; the blonde herself had been concerned about Emily's lack of appearance throughout the day. The girls looked down the road to see Emily's red car still in the spot the brunette had left it that morning.
"Maybe her mum picked her up?" Spencer was thinking logically about the subject but even she knew this was odd.
"That's it, I'm calling her mum." Alison stated and before she could even reach in her bag her ring tone went off, as did Spencer's, Hanna's and Aria's. Even other students that were leaving the school had their phones going off. All four girls looked towards each other as an unknown number video called on their phone. Answering in unison they were greeted with a dark figurer holding the camera.
"Hello fellow residence of Rosewood. I will not occupy too much of your time, soon you will be reunited with the freedom of using your phones but for the mean time I have a message for you..." The figure's voice was distorted so neither girl could recognise it but as Alison looked around everyone who had a phone was looking at it with curious eyes, this was clearly something that was happening to everyone and when the blonde tried to hang up the call the phone did not respond.
"What the hell is this Spencer?" Aria asked but Spencer seemed just as confused as the rest of them.
"I don't know. Can you lock your phone?" The others tried but again nothing happened, the masked figurer just stood there as if he were to be expecting this reaction.
"I know you will all be trying to ignore this but I only need a few minutes of your time..." The figurer moved towards the camera and picked it up; still on him he moved around the dark room and again stood still. Alison looked to her friends but they were all anticipating what was to happen next.
"...I'm taking time today to talk to you, about Alison DiLaurentis..." Alison's eyes shot up and found everyone in the area looking at her. Aria, Spencer and Hanna had their mouths gapping opening in shock. "Yes, Alison DiLaurentis. She manipulated and lied and fucked many people over. So I'd like to get a little pay back..."
Alison could feel too many eyes gaze upon her as they listened to the mysterious figure. The blonde hated to agree with this person but they were right, she used to be horrible but when Emily came along it all changed.
"As you are all aware, recently a new student has joined you. She wasn't popular. She was just well known..."
As the figure spoke Alison's eyes slowly moved away in realisation.
"Her name is Emily Fields." Alison's hand went to her mouth, covering it in terror as the camera moved away from the figure and to a tied up Emily.
"She and Alison DiLaurentis grew close over the last couple of months and since Emily has proven to be of great use to me, I intend to use her to get what I want."
Emily's eyes widen, her fear clear even from the picture of the camera. Alison could feel her heart breaking at the sight of Emily but what was worse is all she could do was listen to the figure speak, each word worse than the last.
"Stay tuned, I will have more with Emily a little later. Goodbye Rosewood, for now." The screen went back to Alison's background picture of her and Emily; she could instantly feel tears well in her eyes as her hands feel to her sides in despair.
Emily screamed through the tape, she was terrified and this person was messing with her.
In the time Emily had been lying on the rusty old bed she had already begun to lose track of it, she couldn't tell if it had been five minutes or five hours since he'd sent the live video to the community of Rosewood but she was sure some time had passed.
"Shh shh Emily. It's okay. I won't hurt you, as long as you give me what I want." The unknown figure said while entering the room once more and as he placed his video camera down he sat on the edge of the bed, Emily purposely moved as far from him as she could.
"Don't be like that; all I need you to do is publicly say a few things about the DiLaurentis family." Emily looked at the person curiously, she was slightly surprised that's all he wanted but she still didn't respond. "You just have to say the DiLaurentis family, all of them, are bad people. The worst. That's all I want. I'm sure you want them to hurt as much as you have hurt, don't you?"
Emily lay on the bed; her thought's processing what the person was asking. It wouldn't be that bad, just saying that the DiLaurentis family was bad, would it?
It did mean she would get out of this mess safe, but it felt wrong and even if they had hurt her, she wasn't going to give this anonymous person what they wanted.
Shaking her head defiantly Emily tried pulling from her imprisonment.
"Oh come on Emily. It's all too easy. You say a few things and then you're free to go." The male lifted his hand and moved it to Emily's cheek, stroking softly. Emily tried moving away but he merely followed, shaking her head again the brunette could tell he was angry.
The figure quickly removed his hand from Emily's face, only to connect it again in a painful strike. Emily's head swung to the side in pain, her cheek bone hurt immensely as the figure stood and grabbed his camera.
Moving to the other end of the room and out the door Emily could hear him typing away on a keyboard; since he hadn't shut the door the brunette could see light from the other room.
Trying to get a clearer look Emily moved onto her elbows but unfortunately the only thing she could see was a desk and the camera that the figure had sat down momentarily.
Tears forming in her eyes Emily tried to remain strong; the thought that this figure was streaming this video to everyone in Rosewood gave her hope. Hope that someone would be looking for her but as fear pulsed through her the only thing the brunette could focus on was Alison, hoping the blonde was okay and safe.
"So Emily, I'm sure you're attentively vigilant of the fact that a good percentage of Rosewood knows you're here with me. You probably think that they'll find you, that they'll come rescue you. But I can assure you, we won't be found unless I want us to be found. Now get ready we're going live." Emily could hear the figurers smile even through his mask and she could tell he was taking great pleasure out of this. As he flipped the little hand held camera open he switched it around to face him, pressing a button a little red light appeared and he began to speak.
"Hello again Rosewood. It's been a few hours since we last spoke and I wanted you all to know that from now on if you don't want to receive any further contact from me, merely press the hash key on your phone, I will take you off my list and poof no more videos." Emily watched curiously as the figure spoke, he seemed confident that no one would really want the videos to stop; she was hoping people were trying to figure out where she was by them.
"But I promise you Rosewood, you won't want to miss the fun we're going to have together and by we I mean Emily Fields and I." Moving the camera to face Emily the figure slowly moved towards her, in an attempt to keep distance from the figure the brunette struggled against her captivity but with her hands securely at her side Emily could not move.
"She's still here safe and sound but don't do anything rational..." The figure's hand moved to his waist where a black pouch was strapped to his belt, opening it he pulled out a handgun and moved even closer to Emily. Her eyes widen in fear and the brunette had completely forgotten about the camera, she was now focused on every move the mysterious man was making.
"...Because I won't have a second thought of hurting her." Pushing the gun to Emily's head the brunette closed her eyes. The pressure of the barrel against her skin caused her senses to heighten, she could hear everything. Her blood pumping in her veins, her heart racing to catch up and she could even hear the humming of the camera as it rolled through the image in front of it.
"But as I said, if we all follow the rules here no one gets hurt. Isn't that right Emily?" With the camera still on Emily she couldn't help the tears rolled down her cheeks. As the figurer lowered the gun she felt herself relax enough to open her eyes again.
Alison watched as Emily opened her eyes, the fear and pain evident as she looked at the camera. Her cheek and eye was bruised badly, it hadn't been that way the last time Alison saw Emily, anger spread through her as she realised this figure had done this to the brunette.
Several quiet seconds passed in which Emily didn't respond, she was in shock and couldn't seem to register any form of a sentence. Quickly the figure struck his gun across Emily's face causing the brunette to muffle a moan of pain, Alison jumped at the sound of impact.
"Isn't that right Emily?" The voice repeated. Emily understood and obeyed by nodding. Alison felt tears fall from her eyes at the sight of Emily in so much pain. "See you in a few hours Rosewood."
Alison's phone went black, throwing her phone on her bedroom floor in anger Alison had almost hit Spencer that had been sitting next to Caleb for most of the afternoon.
"Woah! Careful Ali." Spencer said looking up from Caleb's shoulder. It was early evening, Caleb, Hanna, Spencer and Aria had been at Alison's since school had finished.
"I'm sorry. Anything yet Caleb?" Alison asked but she knew it wasn't a hopeful answer, Caleb was good at this but whoever had Emily was better.
"No. I can't seem to pin point the location. It's like he's got a firewall of defences that can't be cracked." Continuing to type away Caleb searched several locations and even looked on traffic camera's to find how Emily had gotten away. Alison paced around her room, thinking.
"The last time we saw her was this morning right?" Alison questioned the other girls, Aria had been talking to Ezra, informing him of what had happened but since he had seen the video he had a clear idea. Hanna had been watching Spencer and Caleb work together and Spencer had gotten in contact with Toby, even the police station had gotten this video. It was clear to the group that this person wanted everyone to know he had Emily.
"Right." Spencer's eyes didn't leave the computer screen that sat on the floor. Caleb had changed positions several times in the last couple of hours; apparently a desk wasn't his forte.
"Are there any traffic camera's near the school? Maybe Emily got taken earlier than we've been assuming, maybe she was taken right after we spoke to Noel?" Everyone looked up at Alison curiously; it was odd to them all that no one had thought of it in the first place.
"What time?" Caleb asked as he looked back down to his laptop.
"Maybe nine or so?" Hanna commented as she sat down next to the pair as she watched Caleb type. A screen appeared with a video of cars and pedestrians; it was not far from the school, it the far corner of the camera a clear picture of the student parking lot was visible.
"This is the closest one to the school." Everyone, including Alison had huddled around Caleb and watched as he fast forwarded the image in hopes of finding Emily.
"Stop." Spencer almost screamed, causing everyone else to jump in fright. "Sorry. Go back a few seconds. There." Spencer instructed Caleb through the image slowly before pointing at a small frame of Emily getting into the back of a car.
"Whose car is that?" Aria asked as they all squinted and moved closer to the screen in unison. Caleb played the video in slow motion, waiting for a clue to present itself. Moment later a male walked around the car and stood at the driver door, he was on the phone and his face hidden from the camera.
"Come on." Caleb muttered as he continued to play the video. The mysterious male hung up the phone turned to get in the car, pausing quickly everyone opened their mouths in shock.
"Ben?" Alison murmured softly.
"Hold on. This doesn't make sense. I saw him after school and we had history last lesson." Aria commented.
"Maybe he was just doing someone a favour?" Caleb looked over to Spencer and then to Alison. Her eyes were red from crying so much. "We'll find her. Have you spoken to Toby? This might be useful to him." Caleb looked over at Spencer; he was having trouble looking at Alison for more than a few seconds because he wasn't really getting anywhere with the mysterious streaming video and he felt as if he was failing.
"I'll call him now and give him the heads up. We've still got to pretend the police found it before you did remember?" Spencer left the room with her phone to her ear, Alison began thinking about how amazing Caleb was being for her, trying to find Emily by hacking into traffic camera's was a big deal for him but he didn't seem to show that he cared.
"I've got video's of Ben driving all the way out of town until the cameras stop. I can't find anymore." Caleb updated the other girls and on purposefully looked away from Alison. Hanna's arm slung around his shoulder supportively and she kissed him lightly on the cheek.
"Great work babe." Hanna's head lay on Caleb's should as he continued to type.
"Thank you Caleb." Alison said as she continued to pace throughout the room. This was really the first time Alison had really acknowledged Caleb, she wasn't sure he was good for Hanna but looks could be deceiving and she appreciated Caleb for what he was doing. He smiled slightly and nodded back at Alison.
Deciding he had spent enough time on the floor Caleb moved back to the desk, he thought that maybe a change would help, Hanna followed.
"Toby said he'll look into it and he'll let us know what's going on as soon as he can." Spencer re-entered the room and looked at Alison when she spoke.
"What the hell?" Caleb suddenly said as a beeping sound started coming from his computer.
"What's wrong?" Hanna asked as she watched a bunch of numbers show up on the dark screen. Alison and Spencer quickly joined the group on the floor and watched as Caleb attempted to stop whatever was happening on his screen.
"Someone's hacking in." The panic in Caleb's voice was clear but he tried very hard to remain calm. This was something he could easily fix. As he began typing several codes into his computer a blank screen popped up with a video. The group was greeted with the same hooded figure that had been calling their phones.
"Hello Caleb. Oh I see you have the whole group there, including Alison." The figure's voice was distorted and unrecognisable, it was obvious he was trying to hide his identity with the ski mask and the hood over his head but Caleb found the person using a voice distorter unusual, it meant that the kidnapper was probably someone they all knew.
Caleb quickly moved his hand to his webcam; covering it with his hand he thought it might give them the advantage.
"Oh please, you're not the only one with access to street cameras. Just look to your left. There's a security camera on the house across the street that probably installed it for robbers and what not, I however find it very useful."
All five heads turned to look out the window and sure enough looking at the very corner of the white house the saw a little security camera facing them. Caleb's hands moved away, giving up the point of trying to hide.
"Ah that's better. Face to face is so much friendlier." The figure didn't move but his tone was almost casual as he spoke to them all.
"Why don't you take of that mask then?" Hanna's attitude was almost scary, even Alison was slightly afraid of her as she spoke.
"In due time Hanna but for now it'll remain like this. Now, no one else is getting this message because this is a warning. Stop looking. You will not find me and you will not find Emily. She will only be found if I want her found and not a moment sooner and to make sure you are aware of how serious I am..." The figure stood and carried the webcam with him; entering a darker room Alison could hear movement. When the mystery person placed the webcam down on a surface not far from the bed that Emily was laying on he sat down next to her and pulled out a switchblade. Alison's heart was racing as she watched him flipped it in his hand. The blonde noticed Emily's bruise that rested on her cheek had grown in size and a new bruise was developing on her chin moving up to her mouth. The tape still covered Emily's lips but it was obvious that it was coming loss from the tears that had fallen from her eyes.
"Please. Just let her go." Alison pleaded. It was the first words she had spoken to this anonymous person and she was hoping he would listen but she knew it was hopeless.
"Well hello Alison. I didn't know you knew the word please." The figure mocked Alison and his free hand went to Emily's cheek, the brunette tried to move away but his fingers gripped her cheeks and held her in place.
"Emily! It's okay! We're going to find you, I promise." Alison's voice flew the microphone and made its way to Emily's ears. At the sound of the blonde's beautiful voice Emily could instantly feel her spirits lift, she tried to speak through the tape but it was useless.
"Your compassion is enlightening Alison." The figure speaks as he looks between the camera and Emily. It was becoming clear that this person definitely knew her and at first the blonde thought it may have been Jason from the way he spoke but she knew it was impossible. "But... I'm rather enjoying this."
Emily's eyes filled with panic when the figure lightly placed the blade on her neck, it was in a way that it did not cause pain or leave a mark but Emily knew it was there, against her pulse point almost threatening her life.
Emily wanted to close her eyes but instead she looked over to the laptop that sat on the old table not far from the bed, she could see her friends watching, waiting. Waiting for this mysterious figure to make a move, to say something else but he didn't. He merely danced the knife across Emily's skin and watched her react. Emily could feel the sweat develop on her body; her wrists were so wet they were almost slipping out of their hold. It was a strong rope but Emily thought she might be able to escape from it.
"Would you like to talk to Alison?" The figure asked as he placed the knife under Emily's chin, moving her gaze to face him. Slowly but surely the brunette attempted to free her hand, nodding to distract the mystery male she watched his hand moved to the tape on her mouth. A small ounce of pain followed as he quickly ripped it from her lips.
"Em, are you okay?" Alison asked desperately, though the blonde knew by looking at Emily she was far from it, she needed to hear her voice.
"I'm okay Ali. Listen, no matter how hard it gets, don't give in. Don't give him what he wants! Hanna don't let her do anything stupid-" Without warning the figures hand struck Emily's face, a throbbing pain continued to pulse under Emily's skin, after another hit she was beginning to feel dizzy but with one final movement she had managed to break one hand free from the rope.
Moving as quickly as Emily could she tried to push the knife from the hooded figures hand but with her other hand still bound she could not move fast enough. Within seconds he was kneeling on top of her, not giving any chance of escape while holding the knife tightly against her throat.
"That's not what I told you to say Fields!" Emily stopped struggling in realisation, she should have known before but she didn't want to believe it.
"Noel?" The pressure of the knife against her throat caused Emily's words to be short and almost unrecognisable but he heard her and she knew it. Emily's free hand moved to the mask and hood of the person above her and like she had thought, it was Noel Kahn.
Anger boiled inside him as Emily revealed his identity, not being able to control his emotions Noel's balled fist connected with the brunette's cheek once more, so hard that it caused her to fall un-conscious. Laughing softly Noel un tied Emily's other hand and drew them above her head before tying them back together, he would be able to watch them from there in the future.
"Noel! I'll get you! Let her go now or I swear I'll kill you!" Alison's words had pierced through the speaker of Noel's laptop, he found it interesting that the blonde was so ready to save Emily; they had only known each other for a few months.
Alison couldn't believe it was Noel, well she could believe it but she wished it wasn't happening.
"I almost forgot you were there but Alison like I said, you're not going to find us unless I want us to be found." With that Caleb's screen went back to its decoding program. Alison could feel tears well in her eyes as she quickly turned to her window and shut the blind, hiding from any cameras that may be in the streets.
"We're going to find her." Alison said with determination; however she was feeling very desperate. Seeing Emily like that and because of Noel was unbearable.
Alison turned to face her friends; they were all looking at her, waiting. Hanna had a few tears in her eyes as well, Spencer looked horrified and Aria looked sick.
"We have to find her." Alison whispered as she leant against her wall and broke down into tears.