Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Three Weeks Later
Alison lay awake in Emily's bed, the warmth of the brunette engulfing her as she slept silently beside her. She couldn't sleep.
It was the only thing she did in hospital and as odd as it sounded she didn't really feel like doing it her first night home, though she was sure her pain medication would draw her back to exhaustion any moment anyway.
The soft hum of Emily's television in the corner provided Alison with some piece of mind. Emily had put a movie on but had fallen asleep less than half way through, the poor girl had been studying none stop trying to get her credits good enough for graduation and all the hard worked had paid off.
Apparently Alison had had enough credits before she went into hospital so school was no longer a huge part of her life.
She hadn't really thought about college yet, it seemed like it was so far away when in reality she should have started applying for scholarships. The thought stressed her greatly so she just focused on the present and being there with Emily before the dramas of life got in the way again.
Dramas like the police putting Emily through hell because Kenneth still couldn't handle the fact that Alison had been the one to kill him.
Her parents had disappeared of the face of the earth after the police said it was self defence and explaining the situation to them, it was as if they couldn't handle the fact that Jason was so messed up and instead thought Alison was the troubled child, therefore abandoning her seemed like the most appropriate idea.
Emily was convinced that at least Jessica would eventually come around, but personally, Alison doubted it greatly, especially if Kenneth had anything to do with it.
Trying to distract her thoughts Alison looked over at Emily. She was lying on her side facing Alison and she looked peaceful.
Alison had been lying on her back for most of the night; usually because every other position was uncomfortable, even lying on her back hurt but it was the most bearable.
With such a large wound in her side Alison found it hard to do most things, like eating, sleeping, walking and evening breathing were all problems she had to get accustom to again.
Apparently a few more weeks and the pain would begin to subside but over time she would be back to normal.
It was more than she could say for Emily though; the brunette would always need a nasal cannula by her side, at least a good percentage of the time anyway. Apparently with practice she might be able to teach herself to breath off one and a half lungs but that would be a future endeavour.
The thought of Emily still in so much pain after how long it had been since Noel had hurt the brunette enraged her.
Emily's parents had even informed her that the police want her to testify against him in court but because these things always take time no one really had a clue as to what was going on.
She however was happy that Noel was behind bars and away from Emily. She wanted to move and kiss Emily but everything hurt, everything ached at the slightest movement.
Clearing her throat as she caught her breath Alison felt a pinch in her stomach where her new bullet wound lay, wincing in pain her hands instinctively went to her sides and held tightly in an attempt to subside the pain.
"Ali, are you okay?" Emily had woken so quickly and was hovering above Alison within seconds.
"Ye-yeah..." She croaked as she managed her breathing again.
"Do you need anything?" Emily adjusted her position to turn a lamp on.
"No, it's okay." Alison's hands went to Emily's cheeks and stroked softly.
"You're in pain." Emily said, trying to focus on the girl below her rather than her touch, otherwise she would be distracted and now wasn't that time.
"Em, it's okay." She lied; she was in a great amount of pain that no medication could cure. Her parents weren't talking to her and her brother was dead and she didn't even get to go to the funeral. Emily watched Alison's mind tick over, she saw what the blonde was thinking and felt responsible but she also felt useless because she couldn't help.
"You're lying." It wasn't a question, it was a challenge. A challenge for Alison to either think of a really good lie in response or to tell the truth.
"What do you want me to say, Em?" It was clear Alison's tone was pure frustration when she found a question in her head full of responses; she didn't however expect to find herself becoming so flustered at Emily's bold challenge.
"I just want you to talk to me." Emily shied away quickly, regretting the daring remark that had pushed Alison over the edge.
"It hurts, okay?" Alison rubbed her head in irritation before letting out a small sigh and regretting it instantly when her side pulsed with pain.
"Ali, what can I do?" Emily whispered desperately, Alison thought the question through and smiled. It was a smile Emily hadn't seen in many weeks and it was very surprising to see her go from one extreme emotion to the other, but never the less, the smile caused all Emily's worries to disappear.
"Come here." Alison whispered back as she tried to pull the shocked Emily towards her.
Willingly but carefully Emily moved her body closer to Alison's, being cautious of the big scar in her side, she of all people knew what it was like to feel such extreme pains but wanting to please the blonde she did what she wanted.
"Yes?" Emily smiled playfully as she held her body above Alison's; she subconsciously missed the connection with her but tried hard to keep herself from causing any pain for both her and Alison.
"You asked what you can do, well being Alison DiLaurentis I get what I want. Are you going to do what I want?" Alison's tone was playful this time as she slowly let her arms wrap around Emily's back, enjoying the contact it provided.
"Within reason, Miss DiLaurentis." Emily chuckled as she matched Alison's playful nature, leaning in slowly she pressed her lips against Alison's. The soft lips against her nasal cannula felt oddly foreign and yet soothing, it was probably because it had been so long since they had actually kissed.
Alison felt Emily sigh into the kiss as a wave of feelings washed through them; it felt like coming home from a long trip and finally getting to lie down on your bed.
The familiarity of the kiss soon crawled back in as Emily pulled the bed sheets over them and her hands found their way to Alison's waist, being careful to avoid the large bandage that sat underneath the blonde's thin singlet shirt, hiding a deep wound that was causing so much pain.
"That's no fun." Alison replied through every gap of the kiss, her words disconnected at each syllable. Emily broke away to let her lungs fill with air before she reconnected with the skin of Alison's neck, very gently sucking and biting as she moved, causing a soft moan to fall from the blonde's lips.
"You can't always get what you want, that's no fun." Emily whispered seductively into her ear before gently nibbling on the soft skin.
"Tease." Alison murmured as she felt her hips subconsciously move into Emily who had moved away purposely.
"We'll take it slow, we've got all the time in the world and I know you're too sore for anything too intense." Emily's tone softened as she dragged her hand underneath Alison's shirt, deliberately touching the skin of her waist lightly.
"I'm sorry I'm no fun." Alison mumbled as Emily's hands made their way up her waist.
"You're always fun." Emily smiled softly before leaning in for another kiss while gently massaging the skin of Alison's stomach.
Alison admired Emily's sincerity and smiled into the kiss, she felt so complete when she was with the brunette, like nothing could possibly fail or anything could go wrong in the world.
"How did I get so lucky?" Alison broke the kiss and held onto Emily's cheeks, stroking them gently as she watched Emily's own smile form.
"I was the lucky one, Ali."
"You made me become a better person; I would be nothing without you." Alison snaked her arms back around Emily and pulled her close, no longer caring about her pains as she felt their bodies connect.
"You helped me too, don't forget that." Emily reminded her.
"I know but it was different, you had it in you, but me? I would've been a heartless bitch forever if it weren't for you."
"You weren't heartless."
"I wasn't exactly the nicest person in the world." Alison couldn't help but feel bad for what she used to be like but now she was glad she had grown up and become a better person and she felt Emily had really helped that happen.
"True but it made it fun to fall in love with you." Emily smiled and turned herself over so she was lying on her back; she moved her arm underneath Alison's shoulder and pulled her close, letting her rest against her chest.
"It'll be an interesting story to tell our kids one day, that's for sure." She snuggled closely to Emily and drew small patterns on the surface of her shirt absentmindedly, her mind forgetting what she was saying before it was too late.
Emily looked down curiously at the now very shy Alison and quirked an eyebrow.
"You want kids?" Emily felt her stomach light up with fireworks at the thought of Alison thinking of such things, she didn't even think it would cross her mind but as the blonde blushed a bright red Emily got her answer. "I don't think I've seen you blush since that day in the pool."
"I want it all with you, Emily Fields. I want to get lame tattoos and get married, have kids and grow old together. I want to travel the world with you, starting with Paris. I'll work all day everyday for the rest of my life if it means I can spend the rest of my life giving you everything you want and deserve."
Emily watched Alison pour her heart and deepest private thoughts out, feeling so much love for this girl develop at each word. It was truly perfect to hear Alison speak so open and honestly about amazing aspects of a possible life together.
"We'll have it all, Ali. I promise. But I already have everything I could possibly want in this life."
Alison looked up at Emily whose eyes were glistening with the faint sign of tears but they were happy tears and she could tell.
"And I have everything I want."
"I got my happily ever after and it's only just beginning."
Alison took in Emily's beautiful features as she spoke; she looked so strong and elegant. She was breathtaking and Alison still couldn't believe how lucky she really was.
Leaning up slowly she connected their lips in a small fire of passion, the kiss symbolising a silent promise both girls could clearly hear.
"Forever?" Alison broke away to look Emily in the eye.
The brunette smiled and took Alison's hands in her own.
"Forever."