Chapter 11

Chapter 11
It was mid afternoon when Emily and Alison arrived at to the DiLaurentis house. Spencer, Aria and Hanna waved and continued to talk at the doorstep when Emily pulled into the long driveway. As the brunette drove she felt an unsettling feeling in her stomach rise and when she turned her car off she paused, the sudden realisation that she was going to be at a party overwhelmed her. It would be the first time since... Jason.
Emily squeezed on to the steering wheel tightly; she was suddenly very uncomfortable with the idea of being at a party again and Alison noticed her tension.
"Em? What's wrong?" The blonde asked nervously.
"A party... Ali." It was like a timer was clicking over in Alison's head as she realised what the brunette was telling her.
"Oh, Emily. I'm so sorry." Alison's hand instinctively went to Emily's neck holding her tightly and gently the blonde placed her forehead against the brunette's. "We'll cancel." Alison's offer was authentic; the party did not matter to her but the emotional security of the girl she cared for was.
Emily's hand freed itself from the grip on the steering wheel and went to the back of Alison's neck, regaining a sense of sanctuary.
"It's okay. I can do this." Emily held tightly on to Alison. From outside of the vehicle three sets of eyes watched curiously at the scene in front of them. Hanna smiled to herself and then crossed her arms, returning her focus back on her two friends.
"I told you." Spencer rolled her eyes and Aria attempted to hold back a laugh.
After about an hour of preparation the house was acceptable for Alison to throw a party. Every so often her eyes would stray to Emily. Alison was worried about the brunette, this was going to be difficult but at least she would be there for support.
"Hey Han, can I talk to you in private for a bit?" Alison motioned Hanna towards the kitchen, cautiously the other blonde nodded and followed.
"I wanted to apologise for getting mad at you the other day. It was uncalled for and you definitely didn't deserve that. You're an amazing friend to me Han and I should have realised that sooner. I hope you can forgive me." Hanna was slightly shocked with Alison's apology; the blonde was expecting Alison to be telling her to forget it happened rather than an actual request for forgiveness.
"I appreciate that Ali and I forgive you. Now, what's going on with you and Em?" Hanna's mind was so focused on the relationship between the two girls that Alison's apology was nearly overlooked.
"What do you mean?" Alison tried to hide the fact that there was something going on but she knew subtly wasn't exactly her strongest point when the subject was Emily.
"Alright, no lying. What's going on? You were practically kissing in the car before." Alison did not realise the car was that close to where the girls had been standing, but in that moment she only cared about Emily. The thought of them kissing in the car however made the blonde's mind go astray, the thought of Emily's hands on her waist and lifting up her shirt. It made Alison's heart jump thinking about it.
"Oh. My. God!" Hanna squealed as she watched over Alison, the blonde had never seen her so entranced at the thought of someone. It excited her greatly. Alison quickly hushed the enthused Hanna and brought her index finger to her lips.
"You two kissed, didn't you?" Hanna whispered and Alison blushed at the question. "I knew it. I called it. Suck it Spencer!" The blonde yelled from the kitchen.
"What part of "shh" didn't you understand?" Alison said while rolling her eyes. Spencer popped her head into the kitchen with a quizzical look on her face.
"Why am I sucking it?" The three girls could hear Aria and Emily laughing at Spencer's question from the lounge room; the sound of Emily's laugh caused Alison to giggle, which Hanna noticed.
"Never mind, Spence. You know what Hanna's like." Alison quickly covered the tracks that the other blonde was slowly creating. Spencer rolled her eyes and returned to the lounge room.
"Han seriously, I don't know what is happening with Emily and I. It's complicated." Alison was right about having no idea, the situation with Emily was difficult but when they were together it didn't seem to matter.
"Oh come on! It can't be that bad Ali." Hanna's words were elongated and exaggerated but Alison's thoughts went momentarily to Jason, it was definitely complicated.
"Han for now please, just try and not talk about it. I don't even know what it is yet." When Hanna watched her friend speak she could sense the confusion and realised how hard it must have been for Ali. The blonde was always worried about her reputation; it would make sense for Alison to be struggling a little.
"Okay okay. I will and if you need a friend, I'll be right here." Hanna spoke with her quirky smile before pulling Alison into a comforting hug.
The two headed back into the lounge room to finalise the last minute details.
Within two hours of the door being open for guest, the DiLaurentis party was in full swing. Everyone from their year at school was invited and Alison was sure the word would spread. There was alcohol, so everyone would show eventually. Not that she really cared, she was enjoying dancing too much to even notice or to bother drinking alcohol.
With loud music pumping through the house and outside it was difficult to find any room that was relatively quiet. Emily had been sitting in the kitchen, still not feeling overly confident about joining everyone, so she sat and waited. Trying to make her nerves settle, but failing. The music just reminded her of the party in junior year.
"Hey stranger!" Alison walked into the room with a drink and greeted Emily a little too loudly, her voice obviously not adjusted to the change in scenery. Emily smiled, her nerves still on a high and unable to form any sort of sentence.
"What's wrong?" Alison asked, her voice slowly decreasing in volume.
"It's just... loud." Emily's hands were shaking slightly; Alison noticed and placed her own hands on them to settle the brunette.
"It's okay. Come dance! You'll forget all about it." Alison's voice was high pitched and she seemed slightly delusional. Emily was no longer focused on her nerves but was now looking at the blonde. She was swaying slightly from side to side, as if unable to remain her balance and her eyes were slightly dilated.
"Have you been drinking?" Emily's asked concerned. Looking over the blonde it looked apparent that she was not herself.
"No! I don't drink alcohol Emmy! I'm too young." The blonde's words were mere slurs and as she spoke Alison spilt some of her soda from her cup to the floor. The motion caused the blonde to laugh. Emily's nerves began to heighten, if Alison wasn't drinking, why was she acting this way? Quickly Emily grabbed the blonde's cup and brought it to her nose; inhaling the scent she couldn't seem to uncover anything suspicious but when dipping her finger in and then tasting the liquid Emily sensed there was a distinctly different taste that wasn't soda.
"Okay. I think you've had enough of this." Emily poured the remaining contents on the cup into the sink and sat Alison down on a nearby kitchen stool.
"Em it was just soda!" Alison hiccupped in between her words; her eyes looked even more dilated than before. Emily began to worry, this definitely wasn't normal.
"Who got you this drink Ali?" Emily asked the blonde while holding out the now empty cup.
"Look at you all demanding and sexy." Alison's words continued to slur and Emily watched the blonde struggle to form a proper sentence.
"Ali, please. Who gave it to you?"
"Hmm. I like it when you say my name." Alison's hands found Emily's waist and in her disorientated haze Alison pulled on Emily's scars. The brunette winced slightly and held Alison's hands.
"Okay Ali. I need you to show me where your power box is okay?" Emily needed this party to stop now. In the last few minutes someone had managed to spike the blonde's drink and Emily had no intentions for Alison to be at anymore risk.
"Emily! Ali! There you guys are!" Hanna came storming into the room, also intoxicated but Emily knew Hanna was drunk; the blonde had been drinking none stop for hours.
"Hanna! Go find Spencer for me." Hanna wobbled off and moments later a sober Spencer entered the room.
"What's wrong?" Spencer's eyes fell upon Alison and connected the dots. "She wasn't drinking?" Though Spencer's question was more rhetorical, Emily felt she needed to answer.
"I think someone spiked her drink. Can you please help get everyone out of here?" Spencer's eyes widen but the brunette managed to nod. The thought of that happening here shocked her; usually everyone behaved at Alison's parties.
"Emmy baby, can I have a kiss?" Spencer raised her eyebrows at the disorientated Alison, maybe Hanna was right but the brunette didn't dwell and instead she left the kitchen to figure out how to get everyone to leave. Alison's grip tightened on Emily's hips and caused more pain to shoot through her, she desperately tried to ignore it but it was proving to be difficult.
"Tell me where your power supply is and I'll kiss you all you want." Alison quickly pointed to behind the kitchen, Emily gathered the blonde meant outside and she figured it would be easy enough to find. "Okay, you stay right here and I'll be back for those kisses. Don't move okay?"
Alison sat up straight and nodded rapidly and with that Emily sprinted of the kitchen and through the lounge room. Squeezing passed people as she tried to get to the front door. At first the brunette thought she saw Noel Kahn standing in the corner but when she looked back she only saw a group of girls.
Emily was being paranoid now, but all she was focused on was finding the power box. It turned out to be right behind the kitchen just as Alison had said.
Opening the box Emily searched for the main power switch and flicked it to off. The music inside the house cut out and every light went dark. The brunette felt her nerves lower slightly before she entered the house again, everyone seemed confused but they all looked towards Spencer who stood on the coffee tea in the lounge room.
"Okay everyone there seems to have been a power surge so it looks like the party is done for the night." Everyone sighed and began making their way to the front door.
Quickly Emily went through to the kitchen and found that Alison was nowhere to be seen. Panic quickly rose in the brunette's throat as she searched all the rooms in the home.
"Spencer! Have you seen Alison?" Emily said as she rushed back downstairs after having no luck finding the lost blonde.
"No, I've been looking after these two." Spencer motioned over to a drunken Hanna and Aria; they were both sitting on the lounge giggling about nothing in particular. "I'm sure she's just saying goodbye to people, she usually does. Can you turn the power back on?"
Emily took a deep breath and assumed that Spencer was right; Alison was capable of taking care of herself.
Nodding to Spencer Emily headed back out the front door and around to the side of the house. As the brunette walked she could hear rustling but she couldn't identify the sound. Emily followed the noise to around the back of the house where she found to figure's fighting against the wall of the home, it was too dark to see but when the brunette heard a muffled scream she knew straight away that it was Alison.
Running to the blonde's aid Emily pulled her knife from her jacket pocket and grabbed the person that was holding Alison against the wall. When she heard his voice she realised it was Noel. The brunette had honestly thought she was being paranoid, but as he struggled Emily didn't focus on her mental state for long. Holding the angered Noel away from Alison gave her time to escape; Emily held the knife to his throat and seized Noel by his forehead.
"You stay out of this Fields!" Noel growled, he was frozen in his position when he realised what item of threat Emily was holding.
"Just leave her alone Noel." Emily's grip on Noel's forehead tightened, sending him a clear message.
"If you don't stay out of this I swear you'll regret it!" Noel attempted to escape Emily's hold but she pushed on the knife that sat across his neck, not causing any damage but instead causing Noel to realise how serious she was.
"That's a risk I'm willing to take. Now leave her alone." Emily let Noel free and grabbed the dazed Alison that had been watching in horror. Noel turned to face the pair, Alison stood behind Emily for security and the brunette had an unyielding look upon her face. Emily's knife was at her side, keeping insurance between the three. Noel was not going to harm either girl in that moment so he quickly turned and disappeared into the darkness.
Emily hoisted her knife back to her jacket pocket, she was very grateful she had decided to keep it on her. Quickly switching the power back on Emily turned to face Alison and realised the blonde was crying.
"I just came out to find you but when the lights were out I felt hands on my hip. I thought it was you. I thought you were surprising me with the kisses but it wasn't you." Tears streamed down the blonde's face and Emily felt masses of guilt spread through her. Pulling Alison into a deep embrace she felt the blonde become weak, the drink finally getting the better of her. Emily snaked her arm around Alison's legs and back and lifted her. Holding the blonde close to her chest Emily walked back around the house and inside.
Spencer was immediately at Emily's side when she made her way in, with the already asleep Alison.
"Is she okay?" Spencer's eyes were full of concern.
"Yeah, I think Noel spiked her drink, he attacked her again." Emily's ribs began to hurt at the weight but she ignored it, the brunette was focused on putting Alison to bed.
"Again?" If it were possible for Spencer's eyes to widen any further it would have happened.
"I'll explain later. Can you get me a bottle of water? I'm putting her to bed." Spencer nodded and with that Emily headed upstairs and to the blonde's room.
Gently placing Alison on her soft bed Emily felt the blonde stir slightly in her sleep. Emily's hand went to Alison's forehead; the blonde had a mild temperature but she would be fine. The brunette moved to Alison's feet, taking of her heels Emily felt the blonde move again but she didn't awake.
"Here." Spencer entered the room and handed Emily a bottle of water. "I'm going to put Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to bed. Can you manage this one?" Spencer's tone was borderline sarcasm as she spoke, Emily chuckled softly.
"I take it you've done this before then?" Emily asked. Both girls looked over at sleeping Alison, the blonde looked relatively at ease in her slumber, which was odd considering the situation.
"Well, not the drink spiking but yes. Alison's the worst though; she never coped well with alcohol. That's why she never drinks it." Emily felt distress course through her, she wanted Alison to be okay.
"Spencer! Toby is calling you on your phone!" Hanna's voice came from downstairs and Aria shouting an "oooh" followed, Spencer rolled her eyes. Emily looked from the door to Alison, still asleep, it seemed nothing would wake her up.
"I'd better sort them out." Spencer said heading towards the door.
"Thanks for the help." Emily stood and then sat on the bed next to Alison, placing her hand on the blonde's smooth leg. Spencer's eyes followed but it didn't bother Emily.
"Anytime." The two girls exchanged a look before Hanna's voice came from downstairs again.
"Hey Toby! It's Hanna!"
"Oh my god, okay I'm coming Hanna." Spencer was gone before either could say another word but Emily could still hear Hanna mucking around on the phone. Standing from the bed Emily shut the door and headed back over to Alison.
The blonde was wearing a loose white dress, Emily was unsure of whether to change her or to leave her as she was. Deliberating for several minutes Emily decided she would find some comfortable clothes for Alison to sleep in.
Conveniently, Alison was lying on her side so it was easier for Emily to undress her. The brunette found some long pyjama pants and using the dress as a cover she put them on the blonde without revealing any skin. Emily was then stuck with the difficult task of the upper body. Slowly lifting Alison's sleeping body, Emily placed a large shirt over the blonde's head and chest, leaving her arms free and then moved to the remainder of the dress. Pulling it slowly down Emily guided Alison's arms through the shirt, when both were comfortably fit the brunette slid the last of the dress off.
Emily let out a large breath, it was difficult but she could tell instantly Alison was significantly more comfortable. In the motion of taking the dress off Alison had moved on her back and stretched her arms above her head.
Emily observed the blonde beauty that lay helplessly in front of her and sighed. It seemed Alison had as much baggage as she did.
Emily looked at the blonde and felt butterflies softly bounce about in her stomach; it was a nice feeling after all the nerves she had experienced that evening.
Lying against the bed frame Emily watched Alison slowly breathe in and out, her eyelids would flicker every so often she would murmur something that the brunette couldn't understand.
Tenderly Emily placed a small kiss on Alison's forehead before pulling the bed covers over her.
"What are you doing to me Alison DiLaurentis?" Emily whispered softly and she stroked the blonde's silk like hair.
The lights beamed in through the blinds, it was an overcast day but even as Alison slowly opened her eyes she abruptly shut them again as the brightness against her eyes caused a headache to form.
"Go back to sleep." Alison heard Emily whisper as the blonde rubbed her eyes and took in her surroundings. The blonde was in her bed, in different clothes that she didn't remember getting into last night and when she looked over at her alarm clock it was 7:12 in the morning.
"What happened?" Alison mumbled as she turned over to face Emily, the brunette had dark bruise under her eyes from a lack of sleep and the blonde instantly felt bad.
"I'll tell you later, why don't you try and get some more sleep?" Emily was leaning against the bed frame and still in her clothes from the previous night.
"Why didn't you get changed?" Alison asked curiously as she laid her hand upon Emily's leg. The sensation of the blonde's hand against Emily's body felt amazing, throughout the night all Emily wanted was to hold Alison and to have her hold Emily back.
"I didn't want to leave your side." Emily murmured as she placed her hand on the blonde's soft cheek. Alison blushed and smiled softly, momentarily forgetting about her headache. "How do you feel?"
"Terrible. I don't remember drinking any alcohol though." Alison said as she felt her forehead, it was slightly sweaty and yet her mouth was desert dry, it felt like she hadn't had a drink in years.
"Here." Emily said as she passed Alison a bottle of water. Gratefully accepting the water Alison opened the bottle and drank a sufficient amount. When the blonde was done Emily put her hand out and Alison gave her back the bottle.
"Thank you." Alison said as she licked her lips from any excess water. Emily watched, her eyes looking upon Alison's slightly wet lips as her tongue dragged across the surface. "What?" Alison noticed the brunette's stare and blushed.
"You're just... incredibly beautiful." Emily sighed as she looked at the blonde in front of her, Alison's hair flowed carelessly around her neck and her eyes though tired still shined a bright blue.
The blonde felt her headache disappear and all she could focus on was Emily.
The beautiful brunette that had taken care of her and was always ready to defend her, Alison looked at Emily and saw perfection.
Without warning Alison grabbed the back of Emily's neck and drew her in for a passionate kiss. Emily quickly reciprocated the action and gently held on to Alison's arm while stroking up and down, leaving goose bumps behind each movement. In response Alison felt her arms pull Emily to her, causing the brunette to hover above her. Emily paused momentarily, looking at the beautiful girl beneath her.
Alison was panting but she wanted more.
Clashing their lips together once more Emily held her body securely above Alison's as she placed her hands on either side of the blonde's body.
Alison's hands went to the buttons of Emily's shirt, her nerves shaking beneath her skin, she was suddenly very nervous. The blonde's fingers struggled to undo the offending button's that stood between her and Emily's bare skin but when she had only managed to undo one Emily had stopped kissing and looked down at the blonde.
"It's okay." Emily murmured softly, noticing Alison's shaking hands Emily intertwined their fingers and brought the blonde's to her lips, kissing them delicately. "There's no rush."
The seduction in her voice was almost enough to have Alison throw her own clothes on the floor but the blonde suspected that the seduction wasn't even intentional. In fact, Emily was just being encouraging.
Slowly Emily lowered Alison's hands back to her shirt and helped undo the first button. Alison felt her stomach jump but Emily simply smiled and moved their hands to the second button. When the pair had made it to the final button Emily felt her own nerves begin to rise in her, this was an exciting but nerve racking experience. Alison noticed the brunette's hands pause, thinking she had done something wrong she immediately pulled away but with no more buttons holding Emily's shirt together it was hard to look away from the chest that hovered above her.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to... We can stop." Alison stuttered terribly as she struggled to look away from Emily.
"I don't want to stop." Emily spoke softly but with confidence, she had never felt this way before. With Alison she felt safe, she felt free and she felt passion.
Alison looked into Emily's eyes searching for anything that might show signs that the brunette was being playful or having a joke but she wasn't and moments later Emily moved into to kiss the blonde. Feeling Alison's hands move up underneath her shirt and passed her shoulders, Emily felt sparks fly through her and with one swift movement her shirt was off and on the floor.
Alison could feel her breath hitch when she revealed Emily's upper torso.
Her stomach was lined with muscle and her breasts sat perfectly in her plain black bra but when Alison's eyes fell on the brunette's scars that covered her, she couldn't help but stare.
Even now after several months Emily's wounds remained upon her body and it seemed they would forever remain there.
The dark colour of Emily's bra showed off the brunette's perfectly tanned skin and complimented every inch of her. Alison felt her hands move to Emily's waist, being careful of touching the scars she delicately moved her hands up and down, causing goose bumps to appear and a slight moan to slip from the brunette's lips.
Emily breathed in the sensation of Alison's hands upon her. With Alison holding Emily's scars the pain didn't seem to exist, it was like it was an old memory and no longer apart of her life. She could feel another small moan slip from her lips when Alison's hands roamed further up her body and as the blonde's hands moved further Emily felt her urgers move with them.
Uncontrollably, the brunette felt her hands removed Alison's shirt from underneath her. Emily's feelings were becoming unattainably hard to manage when Alison lay beneath her with just a bra on. Alison could hear a rumble of lust deep in Emily's stomach as the brunette gazed upon her.
Both girls were panting uncontrollably, feeling nothing but tension between them.
Emily took control and let her hands roam Alison's beautiful body. The blonde had the smoothest skin; it felt as if Emily was touching the skin of an angel. Emily moved her lips from the blonde's to her neck, leaving a small trail from her chin all the way to her chest.
"Emily..." Alison whispered softly, the feeling of Emily's lips across her skin caused feelings deep inside her to merge. Alison could feel herself getting tense and when Emily's hands continued to wander from her breast to the top of her pyjama pants she could feel that she wanted more.
When Emily's hands finally managed to gain the courage, the brunette slowly let her fingers drape inside the fabric causing the blonde to squirm slightly.
"You're such a tease." Alison panted, having the blonde underneath her so powerless made Emily smile. The brunette liked being in control.
Alison noticed Emily's confidence and quickly switched the pair around. The blonde was now straddling the startled Emily and moved her hands to the brunette's waist.
"Not so confident now are you?" Alison whispered as she lowered herself to Emily's ear.
Suddenly the door flew open and Spencer rushed in. When she realised what she had walked in on she quickly covered her eyes and cleared her throat. Emily's hands went to her chest but Alison sat up comfortable on the brunette and smiled confidently.
"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" Spencer said as Emily attempted to look for her shirt.
"Its fine Spencer, you can look we're not naked, calm down." Alison chuckled slightly at the blushing brunette.
"I heard an oh my god in here, what's happening-" Hanna popped her head from around the corner and her eyes widen with surprise. "Oh my god! See I told you!" She continued.
"Damn it. I just lost fifty bucks." Spencer exclaimed as she looked over at Hanna, who had a very accomplish look on her face.
"Seriously?" Alison looked between the two girls and wonder how they could possibly be placing bets about her and Emily's relationship.
"Yeah, I told her I was confident about you two and she said she disagreed." Hanna nudged Spencer playfully, however the brunette looked unamused.
"Okay but why fifty this time?" Emily asked curiously as she managed to put her shirt on.
"Because when it was about you talking I wasn't sure and I wouldn't be bothered about losing twenty but I knew there was definitely something going on between you two. So fifty sounded very appealing, Spencer however probably disagrees right now."
Hanna placed her hand out in front of Spencer while rubbing her fingers together. "Cough it up hot shot." Spencer rolled her eyes and dug in her pockets, attempting to look for any money she might have.
"Okay, so enough about bets. Why are you guys up? And how are you so cheerful Hanna? You and Aria were wasted last night." Emily asked slightly embarrassed.
"Oh I'm fine with booze; Aria isn't coping so well though." Hanna laughed and looked down the hall.
"Yeah she's been in the bathroom for half an hour. We've been up helping. Well I have, Hanna's been laughing none stop." Spencer rolled her eyes and also looked down the hallway, obviously making sure Aria was okay.
"Okay a better question would be why did you interrupt us?" Alison was becoming impatient with her friends. The blonde wanted to be alone with Emily.
"Well, your dad called and said he was coming home today. He said that business in Phillie didn't go so well so he was leaving early." Alison and Emily looked towards each other, both thinking what could have gone down with Jason. "In short, we need to get this place cleaned up before he gets back." Spencer warned Alison, she knew the DiLaurentis father would not be happy about the party so they would have to be quick.
"Alright let's get to work then." Alison sighed in frustration; it seemed she would have to put her activities with Emily on hold until later. Emily sensed Alison's hesitation and chuckled slightly, though she felt the exact same.
However her thoughts kept straying to Jason, what had gone wrong in Philadelphia?