Chapter 15

~Martinus POV~

I'm so stupid. Why didn't I just say no? I don't deserve her when I didn't even fight back. She probably hates me now. I was sitting in the back of a car with Lilly's driver in the front and Lilly is sitting next to me. She kept trying to hold onto my arm but I kept slipping my arm out.

Lilly- Why can't I hold you?

She whined 

Martinus- Becuase I don't want you too.

I snapped at her. She is so annoying. I wish I was with Ellie right now. I'm such a dick. I broke her heart again, I have no idea why she keeps letting me in and giving me another chance. 

Lilly- Why can't you just be happy to be with me? Any guy would be happy to be with me and look at you, your perfect. We belong together

Martinus- I don't belong with you.  I belong with Ellie.

Lilly- No you don't. You belong with someone who is in our world. She would never survive in our world. Would you want that?

I never thought of it that way. Would I really want her in this world? It's horrible. I don't want her to be put through it. I stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

Lilly- See, I was right. So stop thinking about her and focus on me and your career.

I'm so sorry Ellie. I hope you'll forgive me one day.

~Ellie POV~

I can't believe he just left me. He went with her and didn't say anything. I kept trying to figure out why he would leave without saying anything but nothing came up. I kept repeating in my head left, he left me, he left me forever. I stood on the field for a little while until my sadness turned into anger. 

I grabbed the first football that was closest to me and just kicked it with everything I had. I felt that silent tears were streaming down my face. I can't believe he left. I just sat there until I heard

Unknown- Are you okay?

I quickly wiped the tears away hoping she hasn't seen or heard anything.

Ellie- Yeah I'm completely fine.

She walked closer to me and sat down next to me

Unknown- No you are not. Your red puffy eyes and the tear stains on your cheeks. They are a big give away. 

Ellie- Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. By the way, what is your name?

Unknown- Oh yeah sorry, my name is Emily.

Ellie- Nice to meet you, Emily.

Emily- You too. 

Emily was a bit taller than me. She had long chocolate brown hair and also brown eyes.  We were having a conversation on the oval when Giuli stormed up to us and said

Giulia- ELLIE, ARE YOU SERIOUS! CAN'T YOU KEEP ONE GUY IN YOUR LIFE. DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU? SERIOUSLY I WONDER WHY WERE FRIENDS! YOU THINK YOUR SO AMAZING CAUSE YOUR  A AFL PLAYER. GUESS WHAT THAT GETS YOU NOWHERE. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GIRLS WOULD KILL TO BE WITH MARTINUS BUT NO, IT WAS ALL ABOUT YOU. I TRIED HELPING YOU BUT YOU STUFFED IT UP LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE.

She yelled at me. Why is she even yelling at me? I don't see a point. Wait... did she just say she wonders why we are friends?  I sat there shocked for a second and then I stood up and said to her

Ellie- THEN WHY ARE WE FRIEND THAN. IF YOU FEEL LIKE THAT LEAVE MY LIFE AND GIVE ME BACK MY KEY TO MY HOUSE.

She threw the key down at my feet and stormed away. She either purposefully threw the keys down at my feet or shes just really weak. I watched as Emily stood up and then I said

Ellie- I guess I lost two people in one day. DO you want to come over to my house?

Emily- Sure!

We walked from the oval and to my house. On the way there we just talked about random things and I felt like I've known her for forever.  

When I walked through the door I saw Marcus there crying. So I walked over to him and then asked

Ellie- What happened?

Marcus- Giulia

He looked up and looked over at Emily and she gave him an apologetic smile and then at me.

Ellie- What did she do?

Marcus- Everything she said was a lie and I was stupid enough to fall for it. She never loved me only Martinus.

Ellie- No your not Marcus. I guess she was playing everyone remember even sugar looks like salt.

I gave him some tissues so he could blow his nose and dry his eyes. Once he came out from the bathroom he looked over at Emily again and said

Marcus- Who's that?

Ellie- She is my new friend Emily.

Marcus- I'm guessing you already know who I am.

wow. Cocky much.

Emily- No, I don't sorry.

She said while shaking her head in same movements. I did not actually see that coming.