Pack Mentality

"So you killed her?" Stiles asked Scott as we walked into school for another day.

Scott has told us about this dream he had the previous night, where he and Allison had snuck into one of the school buses to have alone time but he attacked her.

"I don't know." Scott answered. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe."

"I've never had a dream where I woke up like that." I said.

"Me neither." Scott agreed.

"I have." Stiles blurted. "It usually ends a little differently."

"I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real." Scott clarified, giving Stiles a look.

"It may have something to do with the fact that you're going out with Allison tomorrow. It could be nerves." I suggested.

"What if I lose control and rip her throat out?" Scott wondered out loud.

"Okay, I doubt you're gonna do that." I said with a scoff.

"But it's possible." Scott argued.

"Well," Stiles began. "There isn't really a Lycanthropy 101 class you could take."

"Yeah, but there may be a teacher." Scott pointed out.

"Please tell me you aren't talking about Derek!" I exclaimed.

Stiles agreed with me. "Are you forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"I know that." Scott defended. "But dragging her, chasing her, it felt so real. Like it actually happened."

As soon as he said that, we walked out to where the buses usually were and saw a scene in front of us.

"I think it did." I said, flustered.

In front of us was a bus covered in blood, the back door bent and opened. Policemen and nurses were surrounding it. There was so much blood, I felt like I could faint, so I turned around and went back inside, Scott and Stiles following.

Scott began to breathe heavily, looking around him frantically. He took out his phone and typed furiously.

"Look, I'm sure she's fine, Scott." Stiles reassured him.

"She's not answering my texts." Scott replied.

"It could be a coincidence." Stiles suggested.

"Yeah, a seriously amazing coincidence." I snapped.

"You guys, just help me find her." Scott pleaded.

We looked around but Allison was nowhere in insight. I started to grow more worried by the second, thinking she might actually be hurt. But suddenly, Scott ran into her. She looked completely fine and unharmed, so I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

Stiles and I left so that Scott could talk to her, and began to have a little conversation of our own.

"Do you think Scott really did that?" I asked him.

"I don't know, to be honest with you." He sighed. "Maybe no one was seriously hurt. Maybe it was Scott's blood, or he killed an animal to eat."

I give him a look. "Eating an animal?"

"Yeah, like a rabbit or something."

I raise an eyebrow, and left to my own class as Stiles turned into another classroom.

As I sat in my class, I wondered to myself what Scott could've been capable of so soon after he was bit.

•••
I met up with the boys for lunch. I got there first and began to eat, still lost in thought when I felt a presence to my left.