Frenemy

[3rd Person POV]

[y/n] tossed and turned in her bed. Memories of yesterday's events flooding her mind.

Jackson was the kanima.

That was all she could think about at the moment. [y/n] breathed heavily, and sweat ran down her forehead.

Jackson laid in his bed, shirtless, without pulling the covers over his body. There was a camera set up on a tripod, recording him as he slept.

Time passed, and he soon slowly sat up, still asleep. Then he opened his eyes and looked at the camera, his eyes were glowing, except they weren't like Scott's.

The camera glitched, and Jackson began to spaz out, scales beginning to cover his body. He ended up falling off the bed, and the camera glitched again to show Jackson's face close to the camera, scaled covering half his body, and sharp teeth forming in his mouth.

Then he was gone.

[y/n] sat up in her bed and let out a yelp. She opened her eyes to see that she was in her room, and she heard footsteps running up the stairs. Her mother burst through the doors and looked at her daughter with worry.

"Honey, What's wrong?" She asked, walking towards the bed.

[y/n] was confused. As she came to her senses, she felt the sweat on her forehead and noticed how heavily she was breathing.

"Nothing." She mumbled. "Just a nightmare."

"Are you sure?" Her Mom asked her.

She was rubbing circles on her daughter's back, trying to calm her down. [y/n] nodded while squinting her eyes.

"Yeah." She said. "I'm sure."

Her mom nodded hesitantly before slowly getting up and leaving the room. Once her door was closed, [y/n] looked across her room at a mirror. Her reflection stared back at her, and her stomach sank.

That wasn't just a nightmare. It couldn't be.

•••
[yesterday] [Y/N POV]

I rode in the back of Stiles' Jeep as Scott sat in the passenger seat. Stiles tried to insist to take me home but I'm pretty stubborn, and he soon gave up.

We sped down the road to what looked like downtown. We came to a stop however when Stiles saw spikes on the floor that were used to pop holes in tires. Which basically meant we couldn't cross.

"What do we do now?" Stiles asked.

But when we both turned to Scott, we saw that he had already gotten out of the Jeep and had jumped over the fence in front of us. We watched as he ran off and I huffed in annoyance.

"He really needs to stop doing that." I grumbled.

We both got out and ran to where we thought Scott would be. After a few minutes, we still hadn't found him, and slowed down to catch our breaths.

"Remind me to join the track team next year." I said to Stiles as I put my hands on my knees, heaving.

Stiles just huffed in agreement, and stood up straight. He reached his hand out to nudge me, and nodded forward. I followed his line of vision to see Scott peering around the corner of a night club.

We walked towards him, and he jumped in shock when we suddenly appeared behind him.

"Did you see where he went?" I asked.

"I lost him." He replied exasperatedly.

"What?" Stiles said. "You couldn't catch his scent?"