Motel California

WARNING: This episode contains a lot of dialogue and scenes that regard suicide, depression, etc. Topics may be triggering to some people, so please proceed with caution and read at your own risk.

If you or anyone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts and/or has attempted suicide, please refer to the links at the end of this chapter.

Know that no matter your circumstances, how people treat you, or how you think about yourself, lots of people love you. There is not one person on this earth that nobody loves. God loves you dearly and put you on this earth for a reason. You have purpose and meaning, do not give up because it can only get better. 💕

[Y/N POV]

When I woke up, it was pitch dark outside. The bus creaked to a stop, and I rubbed my eyes to get rid of any trace of tiredness.

"Hey, sleepy head." Stiles cooed quietly.

"Hm." I mumbled with a tired smile, and he leaned over to press a quick kiss on my cheek, causing them to flush with a bright pink color.

We filed out of the bus with the other students, and came to a stop. We had stopped at a motel called Motel Glen Capri, and everything was creepily quiet besides the faint chatter of other students.

Scott eyed the place and, as usual, tried to be optimistic. "I've seen worse."

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asked as we walked towards the building.

Coach blew his whistle to get everyone's attention. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves."

I rolled my eyes at the comment, and felt Stiles lace his fingers with mine, giving me a small squeeze as Lydia and Allison moved to stand next to us.

"You'll be pairing up." Coach continued and held up a handful of room keys. "Choose wisely."

Students began to grab keys and walk towards the hotel.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants!" He added as the last of the keys were taken. "Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Stiles let go of my hand and gave me a quick peck on the lips before he walked away with Scott. I watched him walk away, until I heard Allison's voice.

"Lydia?" She said.

I turned around to see Lydia standing still, where the bus had just drove away from. She stared at the place fearfully.

"I don't like this place." She said without removing her eyes from the building.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place." Allison joked. "It's just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night." Lydia said, quieter than before.

I pursed my lips and walked towards her. I gently took her hand in mine and we followed Allison to the room the three of us would be sharing.

•••

[3rd Person POV]

Stiles and Scott flopped down on their beds, staring at the ceiling above them.

"Alright, so I have five." Stiles said from his spot on the bed to the right of Scott.

"Five?" Scott asked. "You have five suspects?"

"Yeah, it was originally ten." Stiles added. "Well, nine technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice."

"So who's number one? Harris?" Scott asked, ignoring Stiles' comment about Derek.