Magic Bullet

At school the next Monday, Scott came to Stiles and I with news that Derek wasn't the one who bit him, and that he doesn't know who the Alpha is.

"I don't wanna be that person that says, 'Called it' but, I so called it." I said to Stiles as we walked the hallways in school.

Stiles rolled his eyes and turned to Scott.

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" He asked.

"I don't know." Scott said quietly.

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?" I asked as well, remembering the incident from last week.

Scott replied the same. "I don't know."

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?"

"I don't know! Jeez." Scott snapped at us.

I slightly slowed down, still cautious of him turning in the middle of a school day. We went our separate ways, Scott and Stiles going into Chemistry and me going to Math.

I sat down in my seat, but the teacher was a little bit late. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a grinning Allison.

"So?" She asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So...what?"

"What happened with Stiles?" She asked me in a hushed whispered.

"Nothing." I answered a little bit too quickly. "I mean.. yeah, nothing happened. He just took me home... in his Jeep, and then I left ... and that's it."

She left an eyebrow. "That's it?"

I nodded quickly, making it obvious that I wasn't telling her everything.

"You liar!" She whisper yelled. "Spill."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "We may have...almost... kissed?"

Her eyes widened and her smile got bigger. "Really?!"

I nodded, but then her smiled faltered.

"What do you mean almost?" She asked.

"I mean almost." I replied. "You know, like it didn't happen, but it was about to."

"Why didn't it happen?"

I hesitated before answering. "Because I may or may not have pulled back."

"[y/n]!" She lightly scolded.

"What?" I defended, holding my hands up in mock surrender. "I panicked!"

She huffed and gave me a serious look. "Next time you get that opportunity, don't mess it up."

"I don't want to ruin our relationship."
I confessed to her.

"You wouldn't be ruining it." She told me. "You'd be letting it grow. You'd be something more."

"And if we break up?" I pointed out. "I figure it'd be very hard to go back to friends if that happened."

"That's true." She agreed. "But isn't it worth the risk?"

I pursed my lips, but didn't answer as the teacher walked in and we started class.

•••
Allison and I walked out of class and she told me that Scott was coming over tonight to study.

"Lydia implied that studying doesn't really mean studying." She said.

"You mean, like..." I trailed off and she nodded. "Well, do you want to do that?"