Wolf's Bane

"You guys went on a car chase without me?!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe." Scott said sheepishly.

I scoffed. "I can't believe you two."

Last Friday was the full moon. Stiles and I had a moment, and it was amazing, but once we realized that Scott had escaped, Stiles left me at the McCall house to check on his dad. I wasn't mad of course, I would've left too if one of my parents was potentially in danger. But he never came back like he said he would. I had to call my mom at 1 in the morning to pick me up, which made for an awkward ride home. Neither Stiles nor Scott talked to me the whole weekend except to make sure I got home okay.

Stiles and I haven't talked about that night since. We didn't talk about the kiss, we didn't talk about how he told me he loved me, and we didn't talk about Scott.

I was currently walking with Scott on the way to my locker.

"So, did you kill anyone?" I asked my werewolf friend.

He shook his head. "Not that I know of."

I nodded. "Well at least something went sort of right."

He looked at me in confusion. "Did something else happen?"

I avoided eye contact as I opened my locker and put some books away. My heart leaped in my chest at the memory.

"Stiles and I may have..." I paused. "Had a moment."

A grin spread on his face. "That's good, isn't it?"

"Yeah, of course it is." I told him. "Until right after, he leaves you alone in your best friends house saying that he'd come back and never did, leaving you to call your mom at 1 am to pick you up when you're not even supposed to be out."

He leaned against the locker beside me. "I'm sure he had a reason."

"Yeah, of course, I'm not mad at him" I said. "It's just that he didn't talk to me the rest of the weekend. And now I'm worried that what happened may have ruined everything."

He patted my shoulder. "I'm sure it didn't. He's Stiles. He's gonna be weird about it for awhile."

I looked down. "I guess you're right."

I shut my locker and looked to see him uncomfortably shift.

"Everything okay?" I asked him.

"You're not mad at me, are you?"

I raised an eyebrow at the question. "Why would I be?"

"Well, because of that whole thing in coach's office..."

I nodded as I remembered. "I'm not mad."

His head perked up. "You're not?"

I laughed. "Of course not, Scotty. It was the full moon. I know you'd never do something like that purposefully."

"Thanks, [y/n]." He said smiling.

I gave him a kind smile and then walked to my next class, which Stiles was in.

I walked in and saw Stiles in his normal seat, which was next to mine. He looked up and saw me. He awkwardly waved with a cheesy grin. I shook my head at his awkwardness and sat down next to him, avoiding looking him in the eyes.

"[y/n]?" He said quietly.

"Hm?"

"Are we gonna talk about Friday or?"

I tapped my pencil against the desk. "Do you want to talk about Friday?"

"Um, yes, like badly."