Illuminated

"So when did you get there?" Agent McCall asked the five teenagers in front of him and the sheriff sat at his desk behind him.

"At the same time," Stiles answered as his leg bounced up a down.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me," Scott said, gesturing to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" ​[y/n] questioned the man with furrowed brows.

"That's what I'm asking you," he responded. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that
a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles cut in.

Lydia tilted her head. "I think he was asking both of you..."

"Okay, let me answer the questions..." Agent McCall intervened, but stopped as he realized his mistake. "Let me ask the questions."

Stiles pointed a finger at him and winked.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear,"
McCall continued as he brought out his hand-dandy notepad. "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

[y/n] nodded. "Sound about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer, so where else would he take her?" Stiles answered.

McCall tilted his head. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement," Stiles commented before grinning and winking at his dad, causing the sheriff to snort, which he quickly covered up with a cough as McCall gave him a look.

"Stiles, just uh..." he said. "Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess," Stiles finalized.

Agent McCall shifted his eyes to Scott and Kira. "What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza," Scott said at the same time that Kira said, "Eating sushi."

They looked at each other before turning back and switching both of their answers.

"Eating pizza-" "Eating sushi-"

[y/n] and Lydia resisted the urge to laugh at this, seeing as they both grew a bit annoyed.

"Eating sushi and pizza." Scott and Kira agreed simultaneously.

McCall turned and looked at the sheriff. "You believe this?"

"To be honest," he spoke. "I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting right there is very lucky for it."

The FBI agent turned back to the girl sitting in the middle of the group. "Kira, is that how you remember it?"

Kira was hesitant in her answer, and turned to look at Scott as Stiles, [y/n], and Lydia leaned forward to hear her answer. Feeling like she knew what everyone wanted her to say, she took a deep breath and answered.

"Yes." she said. "Can I get my phone back now?"

McCall looked down at his lap for a moment before turning his head to where Kira's phone laid on the table.