Raving

Sheriff Stilinski bit into his burger, and drew his mouth back in disgust.

"Oh, what the hell is this?" He asked his son.

"Veggie burger." Stiles answered while setting up the rest of the food on his father's desk.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." He said.

"Well, veggie is healthier." Stiles argued. "We're being healthy."

The Sheriff sighed and reached for a container that was supposed to contain fries, but when he opened it, it revealed celery and carrots. He huffed in frustration.

"Okay, why are you trying to ruin my life?" He asked Stiles.

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" He said. "Could you just eat it, please?"

"A burger won't kill him, Stiles." I said as I walked into the Sheriff's office.

Stiles jumped in his seat and turned around, and I let out a giggle. He playfully glared at me.

"If you're gonna keep scaring me like that, then soon enough, a burger will kill me." He said, pointing a finger at me.

I shook my head and walked forward. I stood in front of Stiles, who sat in a chair facing the desk. I leaned back against the desk, and I stared directly at him as I grabbed his container of fries and handed them to his father, who took them gratefully and ate one.

Stiles reached to take them from him, but he pulled them back and smiled at me.

"Thank you, child I should've had." He said.

I winked while Stiles stared at his father with his mouth hung open. I reach forward and placed my fingers under his chin and closed his mouth for him.

"Careful." I taunted. "You'll catch flies."

Stiles turned to his dad. "Just eat your burger, and tell me what you found."

I sat down on the armrest of Stiles' chair, and he brought his arm up to wrap around my waist, resting his hand on my hip. The Sheriff shook his head.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." He said.

Stiles shifted his eyes to look behind his father. "Is that it on the board behind you?"

I look as well to see a board filled with pictures of precious murder victims, as well as arrows and wounds.

"Don't look at that." Mr. Stilinski told us.

"Alright." Stiles mumbled, but kept his eyes on the board.

"Avert your eyes."

"Okay." Stiles said, but didn't listen.

"Hey!" His Dad scolded, holding his hands up as if to block the board.

"Just...it's just...I see arrows...pointing at pictures." Stiles rambled as he continually moved his head to view the board, despite his father's attempts at blocking him.

"Okay, okay, stop." His Dad gave in. "I found something."

I looked at the Sheriff as I felt Stiles lean forward, intrigued.

"The mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common." He said.

"All three?" I asked.

"Yeah." Mr. Stilinski responded. "You know what I always says. One's a incident, two's a coincidence..."

"Three's a pattern." Stiles finished.