Omega

Melissa walked out from behind her desk with her clipboard in hand. As she's looking at a patient form, she looks to her right to see Stiles Stilinski sprawled out on the waiting chairs with 2 'Get Well Soon' balloons tied to his wrist. He mumbles in his sleep and snores softly as his mind is far away from reality and Melissa smiles while shaking her head and putting the clipboard in the small plastic pocket on the hospital room door.

Inside the room, Lydia slowly moves to get out of bed, having just woken up and softly groaning from the pain in her side. Her dad stands by the door and watches her carefully.

"You want help getting in the shower?" Her Dad asks while holding his hand out for her to take.

She glared at him. "Maybe if I was four." She stands on her feet and slowly walks past him. "And still talking bubble baths."

Her dad, not knowing how to respond, turns to watch her walk towards the bathroom. "Right, I'll just wait outside then."

He walks out of the room and sees the Stilinski boy now laying on his back, with one leg stretched out over the chairs while the other lays on the ground. He turns to Melissa and points at the boy whose now making kissing noises subconsciously.

"He's been here all night." He tells her, staring at the boy.

Melissa nodded. "He's been here all weekend."

Lydia's father looks at her in disbelief as she slowly nods, and he looks back just as Stiles woke up, shuffling around to get settled in a single chair instead of 3. Once he's settled, he looks up to see Melissa softly smiling at him from behind her desk.

"Any news?" He asked, pushing the balloons out of his face.

"Lydia, as you know, is up and moving." Melissa tells him. "[y/n] is still unresponsive, but chances are she'll wake up within the next few days."

He nods while letting out a sigh, and looks across the hall to the hospital room next to Lydia's, where [y/n] was currently unconscious.

After a few more minutes of sitting around and doing nothing, he got up from the chair and tied the balloons to the armrest before walking down the hall to where the vending machine is.

•••
Lydia stands in the shower, her eyes closed as she lets the water hit her pale face and run down her bare body. As the water hit her wound on her side, shakily put her hand to it and grimaced as the pain shot throughout her body.

A few moments later, she hears a huge but faded thump from outside her room, and moved the curtain over to look out, wondering what had happened. Since nothing came after it, she closed the curtain and continued her shower.

That is, until she looked below her to see the bath water a murky black color that covered her feet. She watched the water beneath her with a shuttering breath as she slowly knelt down and placed her hand in the water.

She pushed it further down before she felt something brush against her fingers. She closed her fingers and brought her hand back to the surface to find it tangled in a clump of wet hair.

She brought it closer to her face, her eyes squinting in fear when she saw that it looked incredibly similar to her own hair. Gagging and coughing in disgust, she put the clump on the side of the bathtub and reached her hand in the dirty water to find more.

She continued to find more and more clumps of hair, her breathing rate increasing as she started to cry in fear. She put the clumps of hair on the side of the tub before pushing it out onto the ground. Each time she reached into the water, she found more hair than before.

She reached her hand in one last time, finding more hair as expected and trying to pull it out. She felt that it was caught on something, and tried to pull it out when suddenly, a bloodied hand grabbed her wrist.