Chapter 8

Fang smiled when she spotted Arthit,

'Arthit! ' She called
Oh Fang!'
'Is Kong available in two weeks? she inquired
'Why?'
'You remember  the band we invited? She is practically bouncing. She looks so excited which puzzled Arthit.

'I thought they turned us down?' he clarified.
' Yes but they changed their minds. Get this, they will even give us 60% of the proceeds.' she beamed.
' No way? Really? Arthit was stunned
' Yes. Way!'
'What changed?' he asked, now curious.

'I dont know but the manager sounded so apologetic on the phone. And oh, they requested the moon and star of the university to assist them.' Fang all but ranted in her excitement.

'Oh. Thats amazing! Want me to ask for you or I'll give you Kong's number? he offered.
' Please ask him. I mean, they are giving us 60% from the original 40% that we offered. I hope you can convince him.' Fang implored him.
' I'll do my best'

Kong agreed so did Prae. Arthit is practically buzzing. If they pull this off, the SOTUS activities will have plenty of funds not just this year but the following years.  Why? The band is one of the hottest bands in Thailand right now. They are college students who posted  videos online of their rock covers.  They are talented and Arthit is a fan of the drummer, Neil. Their videos have at least 2M views each and they just released a single which from the last time he heard is topping the charts.

The band is busy. It has been a long shot from the very beginning but wow, The Nines are coming.

----o-----

' You like them P? Kong asked as they were waiting for the band.
' Yes, their songs cover sound better than the original. And Neil is a heck of a drummer.' Arthit explained.
' Should I be jealous that you're in fan boy mode?' he teased the excited Arthit.

Arthit stepped on Kong's toes.
' Ouch, P!'

He smirked but darn,he is buzzed to meet them. Maprang was there.

'Gee is sooo charming.'
'Who's that?' Prae asked
The lead singer. And so talented. He's so good looking as well' she gushed

A van arrived and the four members came down. Niel is there  and a guy with dark hair and caucasian features wearing dark sunglasses is the lead singer, Gee with Josh and Hanyu.

Fang and Arthit came forward to welcome them.

'Haha. Thanks. Wow nice to see uni again., Im Niel'
'Arthit and.Im a fan.'
'Wow, thanks man.' he smiled
'I missed this.' Hanyu exclaimed.

Arthit however saw  Gee just nod and walked to Kong and Prae who greeted him.

'Can we start, please?' he said after greeting them back.

The girls are swooning since the band is amazing. At lunch, they were granted time to have photos with the band. Even Arthit had his photo taken with Niel

Kong and Prae went to give them their lunch and Gee requested for the two to join them. Kong and Prae agreed. While the three guys were mooning over Prae, Arthit saw Gee move to give Kong his food.

'You like meatballs? Gee asked
'Yes.'
'Here.' Gee gave Kong two.
'Oh no its okay.' Kong is flustered.

The band gaped.

'What.'
'You who dont like to share your food just...' Niel accused Gee who just hissed at his bandmates

The seniors looked at Arthit who was  suddenly eating so slowly. Then Gee asked Kong about his major, what he likes to do and how was his summer. Kong, the oblivious one that he is, just answered them not noticing someone is seething across the room.