Chapter 9

"And here we go with the rainbows again," Jihyo whispered to herself before groaning. "I should've brought an oxygen tank to prevent myself from suffocating with all the gayness in here. Ugh, stupid me."

Ignoring her, the smile on my face turned into a grin as my eyes never left Chou Tzuyu. Like, what the heck is she really the girl who likes me? Man, I am so lucky.

"Good morning, Tzuyu-ah!" I happily greeted once she and her friends got in front of us. The smile on my face vanished as she only stared at me for a second before looking away. What the heck.

"Aww, someone got ignored by her crush," Jihyo cooed before snickering.

I turned around to glare at her. "Aww, someone's living a single and bitter life," I sarcastically spoke back. "And for your information, Tzuyu is not my crush," I added. Jihyo glared back before sulking.

"My girlfriend!" Momo dramatically exclaimed before running toward Dahyun and hugging her.

"My girlfriend!" Dahyun yelled back as she reciprocated Momo's hug.

Jihyo scoffed. "Clingy couple," she grumbled. Aish, this bitter train.

"Hand me the penguin plushie this instant!" Mina yelled at Chaeyoung as she held out her hand.

"I'd rather hand myself to you than hand you the penguin plushie," Chaeyoung retorted, which uhm, you know, kinda hinted Mina that she likes her.

Both girls froze upon realizing what Chaeyoung said. "What?" Mina asked, eyes almost as wide as Jihyo's, and red coloring her face.

"I–I mean never!" Chaeyoung quickly corrected, though it's a bit too late for that. Her face turned into a deep shade of red as she cleared her throat.

"Hi Jeongie!" Nayeon greeted with a sweet smile.

Jeongyeon smiled back. Hmm, I wonder how many times she practiced that without blushing. "Hi bunny!"

"Good morning Jihyo!" Jihyo suddenly yelled as she patted herself, causing other students to look at us with a weird look. Then after a few seconds, everyone fell silent and whispers started to erupt.

"Now they think you're crazy," Nayeon said before snorting.

Jihyo rolled her eyes. "Or maybe they're wondering why the heck our squad is with your Jeongyeon's squad," she replied.

"Is that a bad thing?" Jeongyeon asked with a worried expression.

"Heck yeah," Jihyo immediately answered. "I mean, why the hell is your squad only consisted of four persons? Like, why the heck don't I get a partner? Do I always have to be a ninth wheel? Gosh I can't be single forever I also need a lover!" She ranted before inhaling deeply.

"Oh," the rest of us said with raised eyebrows. This train really needs a partner before her bitter ass get the best in her.

"Why do they even care if you guys are with us?" Mina asked, annoyed.

Chaeyoung briefly glanced at Mina before tilting her head to the side. "Actually, they don't really care. Maybe it's just a surprise for them to see our squads together," she answered.

"A surprise?" Momo asked.

Dahyun snorted. "Duh, it's the popular squads being together," she answered before Momo mumbled an 'oh'.

Jihyo nodded in agreement. "And I'm also quite surprised that I still don't have a partner," she butted in. Damn, this train really needs a love life.

"Desperate idiot," I mumbled.

"I heard that you fucking idiot! Who says I'm desperate?!" She yelled.