Chapter 14

"Hey! Aren't you going to get some?" Chou Tzuyu asked as she pointed at the ice cream truck.

"No, I'm going home." I kept my voice cold and was about to turn around when a hand grasped my wrist and started to pull me toward the ice cream truck. How the heck did she get to me that fast?!

"Nah, you're stuck with me," she stated as we got in front of the ice cream truck.

She then grinned at the vendor and cheerfully said, "Two chocolate flavored ice cream please!"

Now who the heck I am with? Oh right, I'm with Chou Tzuyu. Not with a five-year old girl or something.

"Did I say I want a chocolate ice cream? No," I told her, pretending to be irritated. I wonder what her reaction will be.

But to be honest, I really want a chocolate ice cream.

Her eyebrows raised. "Oh, what do you want then?" She asked me.

You. Wait what? "Nothing."

"Okay," she shrugged. She then turned to the vendor and said, "Two chocolate flavored ice cream please!" What the— she just repeated what she said earlier!

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "I said I don't want a chocolate ice cream," I told her again.

She cocked her head to the side. "I didn't say it's yours tho," she pointed out.

Well, shit.

Embarassment immediately crawled up to me. Now I'm honestly waiting for the ground to swallow me. "Okay, I'm seriously going home," I mumbled, embarassment evident on my voice.

I was about to take a step back but imagine my fucking surprise when she suddenly grabbed me by the waist and pulled me beside her. "Stay here," she commanded. "Got it?" And I just found myself nodding.

And I think I just stopped breathing. Again.

Oh my gosh I can feel my face heating up right now 'cause we are so close to each other and I'm not even breathing and crap I can feel myself being gayer and she is so breathtaking and hot and cute and beautiful and perfect and—

She suddenly turned to me with a smug smile, basically causing my heart to stop beating. "Stop staring or else I might melt first before these ice creams could," she smugly told me.

Why am I even staring at her?!

"Probably because I'm beautiful," Chou Tzuyu answered as she wiggled her eyebrows. Damn my mouth.

And I feel like someone just splashed red paint all over my face.

"Young couples like you are cute but please, no lovey dovey in front of my face. My partner and I just broke up," the vendor butted in as he handed Chou Tzuyu the chocolate ice creams.

Chou Tzuyu and I shared a look. I mean, the vendor looks like he's already married so why did he use the words 'broke up'?

"I know what you're thinking," the vendor said after Chou Tzuyu slowly got the ice creams. And she amazingly held both with one hand.

"I swear we weren't thinking anything bad—" I started reasoning out, but the vendor gladly cut me off.

"We're actually married, but seriously, I feel like we're still teenagers. Now I have to court her again to have her back." The vendor shook his head with a slight smile.

Aww, so cute. I wish Chou Tzuyu and I would also get to that point where we'd stay with each other until we get old.

Uhm, wait.