Chapter 20

"Can't breathe."

I looked up only too see Chou Tzuyu already staring at me. She had her poker face on, but nevertheless, she's still beautiful. I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

Beaming at her, I reluctantly pulled away from the hug. Gosh, I want to pull her again for a second hug but this time, I won't let her go.

I quickly retracted my arms and hid them behind my back before I could even do what I just had in my mind. "Good morning, girlfriend," I greeted, my smile never leaving my face. "Had a nice sleep?"

She just stared at me, she's probably admiring my beauty, hehe. Then suddenly, I felt my face heat up at the thought. Shit, did I just blush? Holy crap. "Morning," she greeted with no emotions at all. At least she greeted me back, right? "And yeah, I slept well," she answered.

My gosh. Did she dream of me? "Tha—" I coughed. "That's good," I replied, my voice even higher than usual. Fuck.

Her eyes flickered behind me before asking, "Who is he?"

I turned around and saw that Mark was looking at me. He grinned teasingly and waved his hand. I rolled my eyes and motioned for him to come toward us. I looked back at Chou Tzuyu and answered, "He's Mark."

Mark went beside me and held out his hand toward Chou Tzuyu. "Hi, what's up, I'm Mark," he introduced himself with a grin.

As I expected, Chou Tzuyu stared at Mark's hand for a moment before slowly shaking it. "Tzuyu," she told him as she made eye contact.

Mark gulped audibly before chuckling nervously. "I–I see, you have a good grip, yeah," he stuttered and glanced at their hands, slightly wincing.

Chou Tzuyu let go of his hand and nodded. "I'll go to my class now."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "But it's too early? Wait— Hey!" I called but she continued to walk away. I turned to Mark with a glare. "She hates you."

He snorted. "She's jealous."

"Jealous?" I scoffed. "That's just the usual her," I told him, but my mind acknowledged the fact that she could actually be jealous. Shit, I think I'm blushing again.

He suddenly laughed out loud, catching not only my attention but also other students'. "Damn, your face is priceless!" He exclaimed while laughing.

I raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "Oh yeah? I know right. Priceless 'cause everyone wants to have this but no one could buy it since it's too beautiful, too out of reach," I shot back with a smug smile.

That made him stop and roll his eyes. "Wow, narcissistic much?" He scoffed in disbelief.

Before I could even answer, a man's voice interrupted us.

"Mark!"

We turned around and I saw a man with a straight face, walking toward us. I looked at Mark's reaction and noticed that he looked shocked. . . and flustered?

I looked at the man again, then back at Mark, before laughing in realization. That man is Jackson. His Jackson. "Oooh, he's jealous," I whispered as I pat him on the back. "I'll be leaving you two," I sang, causing him to glare at me. I snickered in return and left them.

As I walked around, I finally found my friends, waiting for me at my locker.

"Yo!" I called. "I was looking for y'all everywhere," I told them as I walked up to them.

Chaeyoung went to me with a pout and slight glare. Aigoo, our baby cub is so cute. But what did I do? "Unnie, what the heck."

"What did I do?" I voiced out my thoughts with furrowed eyebrows.