Prologue

Sera

"Sera! Sera!" I hear the voice of my annoying roommate also known as my best friend yell in my ear. "For goodness sake, get out of bed, Seraphina!"

"I'm awake." I groan before rolling over in my bed again.

"No, get up! Out of bed, c'mon! We've got a busy day."

"Alright, I'm up. Remind me why I'm being woken up at eight a.m. on a Saturday again?"

"Today's matching day, silly. Now c'mon, let's get dressed!" Caroline starts to pull my arm but I stop her. "What? What's wrong?"

"T-That's t-today?" I shrink into myself with the new reality I'll be faced with today. I knew this day was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier.

In our world, everyone has a classification. You can be placed in the dominant category as either a traditional dom or a caregiver dom. The other side of that is the submissive category. Here, you can be assigned as a traditional sub or as a little. Whatever you are is apart of your genetics; doctors are able to see from the time you're 15 which class you are. If you're a dom, you're born with the ability to lead and take charge or if you're a sub you're born with the tendency to obey and submit to others. I'm a little. The worst class you can get in my opinion. Being a little means I'm reverting back to a child's mindset. I turned eighteen last month, and soon I'll start to regress. I'll get where every little thing will make me upset or my mind will get foggy and I'll forget how to function. Those are all reasons that once a little turns eighteen they can no longer live without their caregiver. Littles aren't allowed to work or be out in public places without their caregiver just like a child and parent. Today, I'll meet with a bunch of different caregivers and I...

"Seraphina! I've been trying to get your attention for like ten minutes!" Caroline leans over and gives me a hug.

"I'm sorry I'm just scared." I murmur.

Caroline is a dom. Today, she'll get to meet with all kinds of subs to choose her match. Everyone thought I would be a dom too since my entire family is made up of doms; my mom, my three brothers, my grandfather and so on. When I got my classification letter at age 15, my parents, Mom especially was shocked. Livid might be a better word. I can still hear her saying, No daughter of mine will be a little. My dad is a submissive and is my best friend. He stood up to my mom even though she's his dom and was risking punishment. My dad took my side and has supported my classification ever since.

"I know you are, Sera. But everything's gonna be just fine. You're gonna meet some really nice caregivers and one of them is going to take such good care of you. You're gonna be so happy, okay?" My best friend tries to encourage me.

"Thanks, Cares."

"Alright, now let's pick you out an adorable outfit!"

Two hours later I'm dressed in a yellow and white striped t-shirt, an overall skirt and white converse. Caroline kept picking out kid looking outfits while I picked out normal clothes so this was the compromise we came to.

"You look so cute!" She tells me for the thousandth time while we're at the coffee shop.

I blush as I look at her outfit, ripped jeans and a tight, low-cut, black tank top. She looks the part of a dom for sure.

"I'm so nervous."

I had no idea how much until I arrived at the office.