Chapter Twelve

Harry

I'm woken out of my sleep by the earth shattering sound of a high pitched scream. I bolt upright and rub my eyes in an attempt to get ahold of my bearings. I see my baby crying and in the fetal position while Katherine and Zayn look as in much shock as me. After a second of this, she reaches out for me.

"I had a nightmare, Daddy." She whines as she hides her face in my chest. Her sobs fill the room and I know it must have been a horrible dream for her to be this shaken up. My heart can't help but pick up the pace a little at the sound of my baby girl calling me daddy for the first time though.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I coo as I run my fingers through her hair. "Daddy's here and so is Mommy and Papa. You're safe, boo."

"Do you wanna talk about it, love?" Katherine chimes in. "Sometimes it helps to get things off your chest."

She nods into my shirt before retelling her awful dream.

"W-Well, I was at this amusement park with my parents having fun and eating cotton candy and then all of a sudden David shows up wearing a ski mask. I don't know how I knew it was him, but I was sure of it." Zayn rubs her back as my blood boils at the mention of the wretched man who tried to steal my girl. "He had a bunch of other men with him all wearing the masks and they started chasing me. T-They..." I hold her tighter as she starts to get choked up again.

"It's alright, baby. Mommy and Papa and Daddy would never let anything bad happen to you." Katherine comforts her with a kiss on the head.

"And then they caught me. They dragged me into this creepy van and told me they were gonna kill me." My baby continues. "And then I woke up. It was so scary, Mommy."

She reaches out for Katherine now and I quickly hand her over, willing to do whatever she needs to feel better.

"Oh I know it was, sweet pea." Katherine says while rocking Sera back and forth in her arms. "I'm so sorry. Just remember it wasn't real, it was all a dream. Daddy and Papa and I would never let that happen. You're all safe and sound, little bug. No worries."

I can't help but feel guilty about the nightmare and I know Katherine is too by her face. We let our baby out of our sight and into the arms of an evil, lowly man who wished to take her away from Katherine and Zayn and I. Now she's scared and even without realizing it not feeling confident in our ability to protect and care for her.

"P-Papa!" She reaches out for Zayn next. "Need cuddles!"

After noticing it was only 4 am, we finally coaxed Seraphina back to sleep and we all woke up around 11 before heading down to our kitchen for breakfast. Now as I stare at Seraphina, I can tell she's feeling better but still very shaken up from her nightmare.

"Daddy?" She asks suddenly.

"Yes, baby?" I reply.

"I know Mommy and Papa said they wanted to go house shopping again today but I'm not really feeling up to it. Can we just stay in today?"

"Of course, darling. Mommy and Papa will understand. We can postpone the house shopping until tomorrow, sound good?" I kiss her head.

"Thanks, Daddy."

"So, what time are we leaving?" Katherine asks as she walks into the room.

I quickly walk up to her and Zayn to explain what's going on with Sera.

"Of course we can stay in, sweetheart. We'll do whatever you need to do. Mommy just got a little ahead of herself, that's all." Katherine says which makes Sera giggle.

"What's so funny?" She asks her.

"N-Nothing." Sera says between laughs.

"I'll give you something to laugh about." Katherine says before tickling our little angel in what I can tell is an attempt to distract her from her horror filled thoughts.

"Would you like to watch a movie, love?" Zayn asks her.

"Yeah, I really like movies and I really like 'punzel." My baby rambles cutely as I notice she starts to fall into headspace.

"Yeah? Me too. Tangled is a great movie." Katherine agrees.

"Is it your favorite too, Mommy?" Sera's eyes widen with the possibility of them sharing the same interests in movies.

"Of course! Who doesn't love Rapunzel?"

"Alright, let's go watch Rapunzel."

We all cuddle up on the couch with Sera in the middle. She has her head on Katherine's shoulder and her legs draped over Zayn and my legs.

We spend the rest of the day just like that, all cuddled up watching movies. I can't believe this little girl is ours.

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated! Life is crazy busy right now, I appreciate the patience. I hope you enjoy this chapter as Sera starts to feel more comfortable around her caregivers.

~Abbie Grace