Chapter Three

Sera

"Okay. Before I explain the next few days to you, I need you to choose your favorite two caregivers out of all the people you met." Mr. Harrison tells me the next day.

"Katherine and Harry and Zayn." I say quickly.

"Okay so today you will choose one of them to spend the day with. You can go shopping, go to the movies, hang out anywhere within the city limits to get a feel for the person in everyday life. They will bring you back the next day so you can do it all over again with the other caregiver. Any questions?"

"You said they would bring me back the next day. What does that mean exactly?"

"You'll be spending the night with them at their house. Most littles find the way a caregiver cares for them at night whether it be tucking them in, reading them a story, cuddling... really help them to better understand and know the caregiver. Once you're there and there are any issues or concerns do not hesitate to call me. You have my number, right?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great. Now who would you like to spend the day with first?"

"U-Uh. I don't know, you choose."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"All right, I'll call Harry and Zayn up then."

Twenty minutes later, Harry, Zayn and I are walking out of the OMA.

"What are we gonna do today?" I ask.

"We thought we'd go out for lunch first. Pizza sound good?" He asks with a knowing smile on his face.

"Yes!" I shout and jump up and down excitedly.

They both laugh.

"Seraphina!" Zayn yells as I start walking across the street.

"W-What's wrong? I thought we were getting pizza!" I say.

He lifts me up onto his hip and holds me there.

"We are getting pizza, darling. But you see that little stop sign on the square screen?" I nod. "That means we can't walk yet because cars are still coming. We have to wait until it changes and then we go."

"O-Ok."

I see the pizza shop that I grew up going to come into sight and I start to wiggle in Zayn's arms.

"Down, down!" I whine.

"If I set you down, you have to hold my or Harry's hand the whole time, okay?"

I nod.

"You promise?"

"I promise." He sets me down but Harry quickly grabs my hand like I'm a little child that would just run off.

We walk into the pizza restaurant and I start bouncing up and down again as the smell of pizza hits my nose.

"Can I have pepperoni, please?" I ask Harry as he walks up to the cashier.

"Sure, sweetheart."

He orders our pizza and then we walk to the coke machine to get a drink.

"What drink do you want, love?" Zayn leans down to speak into my ear.

"I-I want fruit punch." I say as my cheeks turn pink from the way he looks at me so intently.

We find a table and sit down together. As soon as our pizza arrives, I get considerably excited and scarf it down quickly.

"Slow down, baby." Harry tells me, but I continue at the same pace. "Seraphina, don't make me ask you again."

I pout before slowing down my eating.

Just then the bell on the door of the restaurant dings indicating someone has just entered. My eyes widen when I see two familiar faces.

"What's the matter, darling?" Harry notices my discomfort.

"M-My parents are here." I squeak. 

My mom always speaks her mind and something tells me she's going to have a lot to say about this.