Chapter Seven

Sera

"What are we doing today?" An annoyed and exhausted Alexandra calls to me from the living room where's she's spent the past week sleeping uncomfortably.

I groggily walk out of my room and rub my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up.

"Well, I was thinking about just..." I start to say but am interrupted by a gasp. "What? What is it?"

"Your pants, Sera. You had an accident." Alex explains.

What? This can't be happening already! Littles usually start losing control of their bladders about three months into being a full time little and I've only been a little for a month and nowhere near full time!

"Seraphina, it's alright. It happens to all littles at some point..."

"Yeah not after only a week!" I feel tears fill my eyes. This was supposed to happen when I was fully adjusted and had a trustworthy caregiver with me.

"We don't know that you've lost full control yet. Sometimes it's gradual. You could just be having accidents at night..."

I sigh, tuning her out.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Alexandra yells, suddenly getting angry. "First I get a little brat who doesn't have a spare room then I find out she's losing control of her bladder already! Fantastic! What a great job I have..." She rambles on sarcastically.

"I-I'm sorry I'm such a bother. I'll try harder to stop being little." I say to her while memories of my mother telling me similar things come back. "I knew I was stupid. I'm just a stupid baby. I need to try to fight being little. No one likes littles..." I start muttering to myself all the things my mother instilled in me from the time she found out what I was.

"Your dang right you should try harder. They always have to make my job harder, don't they..."

"Sera! What's going on out here?" Caroline comes jogging in from her room.

"I'm trying not to be little but it's too hard..." I sniffle as I walk into my best friend's arms.

"What are you talking about? I thought you said you were coming to terms with the fact that you're little. Harry and Zayn and Katherine love you because of that..." Caroline starts to lecture me. "Wait, did Alexandra say something to you?"

I look over at Alex as she rolls her eyes in pure annoyance.

"Yes. But it's okay! I already knew all that. My mom always said..."

"Your mom? You can't listen to your mom, Sera. She doesn't understand the little-caregiver dynamic. Remember your dad always says to never hide who you really are. He always encouraged you to embrace being little."

"Yeah, b-but they're right." I point to Alexandra in reference to her and my mother. "I'm a pain. No one wants to have to deal with me! I had an accident last night, Cares! I peed my freaking pants during the night and now I can't even remember how to go to the bathroom because I'm stupid!" I bury my face in my hands as sobs wrack my body.

Caroline pulls out her phone and holds it to her ear. Who would she be calling?

"Hey Katherine, it's Caroline." She says into the phone.

She's calling Katherine!

"I was wondering if you could come over, we have a little bit of a situation with Sera. She's having a meltdown because she wet the bed last night. Alexandra is being less than helpful and is only encouraging her to 'fight being little' like she can help it."

She listens to Katherine speak for a moment.

"Yes I know it's terrible. I'm not quite sure what to do.... Yes, she's crying...Ok, I will. Thanks again, bye."

Caroline then turns to me.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Sera. Katherine's on her way and she's gonna take care of everything." She tells me sweetly.

"Thanks, Cares."

Alexandra glares at me as I continue to cry into Caroline's shirt.

"Why's she a meanie, Cares?" I ask.

"I don't know, but everything's gonna be okay."

Just then the doorbell rings and Alex moves to answer it. Quickly, Katherine makes her way into the room and I make grabby hands to her.

"Come here, sweet girl. I'm gonna take care of everything, okay? No worries." She kisses my cheek. "Where's your bathroom, Caroline?"

"Right down that hall to the right." Caroline replies. "Thanks for coming."

Katherine walks us to the bathroom and she sets me down on the toilet while she starts to run some water in the tub.

"I'm gonna take your clothes off now so you can get in the bath, okay?"

I nod and let her strip me before placing me in a warm bubble bath.

"Do you wanna talk about why you were so upset?" My potential caregiver asks as she scrubs shampoo into my hair.

I shake my head as a frown takes over my lips.

"How about I talk then, okay? Being a little is a great thing. It doesn't make you weak or stupid, it actually makes you strong and brave. Remember when I told you that being a little is so special because you trust someone so much to completely let go and give another person control over you? Well it's true. If you asked people on the street what they think of littles they would probably give an answer similar to mine. I don't know why, baby, but you keep running into the people that don't think so."

"R-Really? I just don't wanna be a bother like Alex said. I don't wanna have to annoy someone into taking care of me." I admit.

"I understand completely, darling. You would never ever feel that way if I was your caregiver or even if you choose Harry and Zayn. I know that they feel the same way about it too if you like them so much."

"I-I just want to make the right decision, but it's so hard because I just see how much I love all of you and I don't know how I could ever choose but I know I've gotta choose soon because Alex is a meanie."

"That she is, sweetheart. But don't you worry, if you need anything at all don't hesitate to call me. I'm always here for you, baby doll."

"Thank you." I say. "Do you have plans today?"

"I don't actually. Today is my day off." She replies.

"Would you want to hang out today?" I look at her, anxiously awaiting her response. "Or not I understand if you have other things you'd rather do..."

"No, no! I would love to hang out with you today. I'd really like to get to know you more."

The rest of the day is spent playing games, reading books, walks through the neighborhood, and sweet smiles. Katherine would be an absolutely amazing mommy I know that for sure now but am I ready to give up on Harry and Zayn after all their kindness as well? All I know is I have to make that decision soon.