Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sera

"Good morning, sunshine." Grandma wakes me up the day before we go back home.

I giggle behind my paci as she tickles my tummy. She brings me into her chest and rocks me back and forth before laying me down.

"Grandma's going to change your diaper now, okay?" She tells me before beginning to untape the diaper. "Your mommy is sleeping still. She might need a little break from keeping you from getting into trouble, silly girl."

I just giggle again at her words as she finishes changing me.

I feel my empty stomach and let out a whine.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" Grandma asks me.

My little mind can't bring itself to say anything so I just start to cry.

"Are you hungry?"

I stop crying a little and nod.

"Mommy." I say.

"Ok, you need Mommy. Let's go get her." Grandma takes me into the guest room Mommy's been staying in and sets me on top of her sleeping form. "Wake her up, baby."

I crawl up her chest and kiss her cheek.

"Mommy." I say and pat her arm. "Mommy."

Soon I see my mommy's eyes open and she smiles at me.

"Hey baby girl! What are you doing in here?" Mommy asks as she pulls me close.

I lay my head on her chest and tug on her shirt.

"Of course, it's milkey time, isn't it, my love?"

Grandma and Mommy coo at me while I drink and soon Mommy tells me that I can call Daddy and Papa now if I want to.

"Hi baby!" Daddy says through the phone.

"Dada!" I giggle.

"Hey darling!" Papa says.

"Papa!"

"What did you do today, pumpkin?" Daddy asks me.

I giggle behind my pacifier again.

"She's really little today, Harry." I hear Mommy tell Daddy. "The most she's said all day is just, 'Mommy.' You woke up really little today, didn't you, little one?"

I nod.

"Are you coming home to see us tomorrow, baby girl?" Papa asks me.

I grab Henry from beside me and squeeze him tight as I squeal at his cuteness.

"You're so darling, my love. I wish I could just hold you right now." Daddy says.

"Dada." I hold my arms out and then lean in and kiss the screen.

"Aww, you're giving Daddy kisses. That's so sweet, baby." Mommy says from next to me. "We have to go, baby. I have a surprise for you today."

"Dada, Papa!" I wave at them.

"Bye, Princess. Have a great day!" Papa says.

Grandma plays a peek-a-boo with me while we wait on my surprise.

"Peek-a-boo!" Grandma peeks out from behind her hands and I laugh.

We continue this game until the doorbell rings. Mommy goes to answer it as I climb up Grandma's lap to see who's there.

"Lacey, I'm so glad you and Henry made it!" Mommy says excitedly.

"Me too! Henry has been so excited to see little Sera again, haven't you baby boy?" Lacey, my mommy's twin sister replies.

"Yes, Mommy." Henry confirms.

"Sera, come here, baby. Henry is here to play with you!" Mommy calls out to me.

I step onto the floor and walk into the front foyer where they are all congregated.

"Hi Sera! Do you remember us from the fair at the park? I painted your face and you and Henry played on the jumpy houses." Lacey explains.

I nod and grab onto Mommy's hand.

"Pway wif me, Sera?" Henry asks.

I nod and follow him into the living room where my toys are thrown haphazardly across the floor.

"Pway Barbies?" Henry asks as he picks up a stray Barbie doll.

I nod and grab another one.

A few minutes into playing with Henry, I spit up all over my outfit. Mommy comes rushing over and picks me up.

"Poor baby, did you have too much milky this morning?" She asks me as I start to cry.

She changes me into a new outfit before bringing me back downstairs.

"Baby Sewa sick, Mommy?" I hear Henry ask his mommy.

"No, I think she just had too much milk, bud." She answers.

"Sewa! You pway or sick?"

I just suck on my fingers and look around.

Henry just shrugs it off and we continue to play for the rest of the evening.

The following day, Mommy and I arrive home after a not as bad plane ride. Mommy opens the door to our house and I immediately jump out of her arms and run to Daddy and Papa. They sweep me up into their arms and kiss all over my face.

"Dada! Papa!" I squeal.

"There's my baby girl. We missed you so much." Papa says.

"We were so bored without you, we didn't have our princess to cuddle with or play with." Daddy adds.

I just giggle as I look around my house.

"She's still not saying anything else?" Daddy asks Mommy.

"Nope, our baby is so little now. Right, bug?"

I lean over and kiss Mommy's lips and then Daddy's and then Papa's.

"I think our baby is finally our baby." Daddy says.

"I think you're right, babe." Papa confirms. "We love you so much, baby girl."

I'm so happy as I fall asleep that night with my blanket wrapped around me and Henry tucked beneath my arm. I'm so glad that I met my Mommy, Daddy, and Papa. And while everything in my life might not be perfect, like my relationship with my mother, I know that my caregivers can get me through whatever comes my way.

THE END

This is it guys! It's over! Thank you all so much for your overwhelming support of this book! This has honestly been my favorite that I've written so far and I've had so much fun doing it. While this book is over, please stick around. I have more stories in the works for you guys. 

~Abbie Grace