Chapter Fourteen

Katherine

"A-And we jumped on the houses and then one time I fell down and got sad but Daddy gave me a kiss so I felt better." Sera babbles from my lap the next day.

"That sounds like so much fun, baby." I say. "I wish I could've been there but we'll be together all day today, okay?"

"Okay. Can I see Henry again soon?"

"Of course, sweet pea. I'll talk to Aunt Lacey about setting up a playdate soon, sound good?"

"Yeah!" She reaches for another cheerio before placing her fingers in her mouth and sucking.

"Look, baby. Here's your paci! This'll feel better than your fingers." I place the pacifier between her lips gently.

She's been in her headspace since she woke up this morning. I can't wait until it's not just a headspace, it's her. When her mind fully regresses into her baby mindset.

Just then I hear the sound of a phone ringing in the kitchen. I stand up and walk in and see it's Sera's phone. I check the screen and it says Mom. Her mother is calling her while she's in headspace.

"Sweetheart? You don't have to answer right now if you don't want to, but your mother is calling you." I say to my little princess.

"O-Ok." She says and grabs the phone from my hand. I can tell she's fallen out of her headspace considerably.

"Yes?" My baby answers into the phone. "Yes, I have three caregivers, Mom. I know it's different, but..." Several minutes pass of her just listening to her mother rant about God knows what.

She looks at me pleadingly as tears fill her eyes. I watch her slip back into headspace with whatever rude words her mother is feeding her.

"That's not nice, Momma." She whimpers. "I'm not baby!"

I grab the phone from her and begin to speak.

"Unless you have a genuine reason other than to tell her why being little is 'bad' then do not call my baby again." I begin. "She has a sweet and fragile heart and I will not allow you to play with it. Do I make myself clear?"

"You cannot tell me not to call my daughter. I raised her better than this. I raised her to take on the family title of a dominant. I will not let her taint our reputation by allowing her to be a little." Sasha scoffs at the word. "I will not stand for it. My Seraphina is not a weakling. She is strong and determined and can go far in life if I push her beyond this classification..."

"I agree with you, Mrs. North. You do have a very strong daughter, but she is mentally and physically a little. There is nothing you can do to stop her mind and body from regressing. The only thing to do is to accept and support Sera while she goes through this transition period. I'm sure your husband agrees."

"What my sub thinks does not matter right now. I will admit David does bring up some good points as you just did. I may not be able to fight this but I will not and cannot accept it."

"Then you will not be speaking to Sera again. All contact will be made through your husband. Good bye."

I hang up abruptly.

At that moment my sweet baby breaks down into sobs. I pull her into my arms and lift her onto my hip.

"I know, baby. I know. Your mother won't bother you again, okay? I promise." I rub her back as she hides her face in my neck.

"Why Momma so mean, Mommy? Why she not love me like Dad?" Sera asks innocently.

"Baby, your momma does love you very much I can tell. She only wants what she thinks is best for you but it's really not. She can be mean to you, I know and that's why we won't talk to her for a while."

"T-Thank you, Mommy."

After a few minutes, I get Sera calmed down completely.

"Mama?" She asks as she pulls on a piece of my hair.

"Yes baby?" I answer, making sure to hold her close.

"I feel icky."

"Why, baby?"

"I'm wet."

I look down and see she's wet through her pants.

"Sera! What happened to your pull-up?" I ask in shock. How did she get it off without me noticing?

"I am wearing a pull-up, Mommy."

She wet her pull-up through?

"Okay, let's get you all cleaned up."

I pick her up and carry her into the closest bathroom to give her a bath. Once she's in, I decide to get to the bottom of this.

"When's the last time you've used the toilet, baby?" I ask her as she wipes bubbles all over her face adorably.

"Um, I-I don't remember." She answers proving my initial thought.

She hasn't used the toilet at all recently, she's completely relied on her pull-ups and now that's not enough.

"Baby, have you thought about diapers? Would it be okay if Mommy put you in one so you don't have to feel icky anymore?"

I watch her eyes get wider with my words.

"No no, no diapers." She mutters as she sinks herself into the water.

After draining the water from the tub, I lift my baby out of the water and into my lap all wrapped up in a fluffy towel. She leans her head on my shoulder and lets out a yawn.

I wonder if I just put her in a diaper if she will even notice.

"Oh sweetheart, it's naptime. Let's get you all set and then straight to bed."

I lay her on the changing table Harry and Zayn got and pull out some extra diapers we had for when this day came. I pull on the diaper and she doesn't seem to notice. I sigh in relief as I just dodged a bullet.

"Mama?" She whines as she stretches herself out on the table.

"Yes, baby?" I answer.

"When Dada and Papa get home? I want to nap wif you and dem." She speaks sleepily.

"They'll be home in just a little bit, okay? Don't worry."

I pick her up and settle her into bed and hold her in my arms until the only sound is the ticking of the clock and the precious snores from my baby.

Thank you so much to all of my faithful readers! I'm sorry my updates are sporadic and ages apart. I'm working on trying to maintain an updating scedule now because my life is finally slowing down after the past crazy five months.

Thank you so much for your continuous support and loyalty! I love you all so much!!

~Abbie Grace <3