Chapter Twenty-Seven

Zayn

"Ok, bring him in." I tell Katherine as she brings Sera's surprise in.

Katherine walks in with a golden retriever puppy in her arms.

"Sera is going to love this, oh my goodness." I can't help but feel excitement build up within me as I think of what my baby girl's reaction is going to be.

"I can't wait to see her smile." Harry agrees as he moves to stand next to me.

"Should we wake her up? I can't wait for her to meet him!" Katherine says as she too feels the excitement.

"Mommy!" We hear through the baby monitors. "Mommy miwkey!"

"I'll go feed her and bring her down." Katherine says as she hands the adorable puppy over to me.

A few minutes later, a very little Sera comes downstairs in Katherine's arms.

We have the puppy laid out in the living room to show her.

"Are you ready for your surprise, my love?" I ask her.

"I haf a 'prise?" She asks adorably.

"Yeah! Remember Mommy, Daddy, and Papa got you a surprise." Katherine explains.

We walk into the living room and Sera's eyes widen in pure delight as she takes in the adorable creature laying on our couch.

"Puppy! Puppy!" My baby squeals. She wiggles out of Katherine's arms and runs to the puppy.

She picks him up and kisses him before sitting on the couch with him in her lap.

"He's your puppy, doll. So you get to name him whatever you want." Harry tells her as we all look at her in adoration.

"My puppy?" She asks.

"Yes, baby. He's all yours."

"Fank you Mommy. Fank you Daddy. Fank you Papa."

"You're welcome, baby girl. Now what's his name?" Katherine replies.

"His name is Awex." She states matter of factly.

"Alex? That's such a good name, baby." I coo at her as I move to the couch and pull her and Alex onto my lap.

Alex loves his owner already and starts to lick Sera all over.

Her giggles fill the entire house.

"Awex! Awex, you giving me kisses!"

Next, she pulls out a ball from her toy box and brings it over to Alex.

"Go get it, Awex!" She squeals in content as Alex runs to retrieve the ball and places it in her lap.

"Good puppy! I wuv him, Dada." She tells Harry as he stands next to her.

"I'm glad you do, baby." He replies.

"Can Ewi and Andy and Zachy meet Awex, Papa?" She turns to me next.

"Of course they can, my love. Do you want them to come over soon to play?"

She nods her head.

Sera and Alex spend the rest of the night joined at the hip until I announce that it's bedtime.

I get her ready for bed as Alex adorably follows wherever I take Sera.

As I lay her on the changing table to change her diaper, Sera starts to become fussy.

"What's the matter, little one?" I ask.

"Awex sweep wif me, Papa?" She asks sweetly.

I make a point to act like I'm thinking it over even though I would do absolutely anything for this little girl.

"He can, but only if you give me the sweetest little kiss that you can."

She claps her hands in delight before reaching up and pecking my lips adorably.

"Thank you so much, baby. That was the sweetest kiss ever."

Just as I'm about to tuck her in, Katherine comes in with a smile on her face.

"Baby, Mommy needs to tell you something." Katherine tells Sera.

I know where this is going and I've been dreading it for a while.

"You and Mommy are going on a trip together to see Mommy's family! Isn't that so fun?"

"Just me and Mommy?" Sera asks.

"Yes. We'll only be gone a few days and then we'll be back with Daddy and Papa, okay?"

"Yay, Mommy!" She claps her hands innocently.

I know it's not Katherine's fault that her family lives far away and I know they deserve the chance to meet our beautiful princess, I just dread being away from her, even if it's just for a few days.

"We leave tomorrow so Mommy's gonna start packing for us."

I tuck Sera into her crib first before laying Alex in next to her. He immediately scoots up to lay right beside her and rests his little head on her stomach.

"Awex says he wants a bedtime stowy about a pwincess." My baby tells me.

"Oh does he now? Let me find my best princess book then." I reply.

I precede to read her The Princess and the Pea as both her and Alex fall asleep.

I head downstairs as I think of how much I'm going to miss my baby girl.

"Of course. I think I'll pack Henry for her to have." I hear Katherine tell Harry as they start to pack up some of Sera's essentials.

"I don't know what we're gonna do without you guys here. I'm gonna miss our baby so much." I say honestly.

"I know. We'll make sure to let her facetime you guys before bed because I know she's gonna miss you guys too. And you guys are welcome to call at anytime. It doesn't matter the hour, if you just need to be reassured she's okay, that's totally fine. I know this isn't going to be easy for you and I really appreciate you guy's support. My family is very important to me."

Katherine is so kind, I'm so thankful she's Sera's mommy.

"Thank you so much, Katherine. That means a lot to us. We'll try not to be a bother, but I can't make any promises." Harry replies jokingly.

And with that, we all head to bed; Harry and I unsure of how we're gonna survive without our angel.

Sorry for the wait! I'm really excited about the next few chapters, I hope you guys are too!

Is Alex not the cutest thing ever?

Let me know what you think! Your votes and comments really help motivate me to update!

~Abbie Grace