Chapter Sixteen

Sera

"Good morning, sweet pea. Did you sleep well?" Daddy asks me.

"Yeah." I reply before turning over in the other direction to get more sleep.

"Why are you still so sleepy?" He asks as he lifts me into his arms.

I just groan into his neck as he carries me downstairs.

"We've gotta grumpy baby today, Kat." Daddy hands me to Mommy.

"Do we now?" Mommy pulls me close to her and bounces me slowly up and down. "I love you, baby. So, so much." She kisses my cheek.

I know they're fawning over me after my avoidance of them yesterday.

"Where's Papa?" I ask.

"I know today was supposed to be our day all together, but Papa had an emergency come up at work so he's gonna be gone for a few days." Daddy explains. "He was so sad that he didn't get to hug and kiss you goodbye first but he'll be home soon."

Without any earthly idea why, I start crying. Soon I'm not thinking clearly and my whole trust is in my mommy and daddy.

"Aww, are you sad Papa's gone, baby girl?" Mommy asks. "It's okay, baby. Daddy and Mommy are here and we're gonna have so much fun, okay?"

"Pwomise?"

"We promise, baby."

Just then my phone starts to ring. I then remember how Caroline said she would call to check on me today.

"It's Caroline." I say before reaching to grab my phone.

"Hey Cares." I answer.

"Hey Sera! How are you feeling today?" My best friend asks me.

"Pretty good. Papa is gone though but Mommy and Daddy are being really sweet." I say and smile at them.

"That's great! Anything from your mom?"

I frown before I hear a strange noise in the background of the call.

"Alejandro you better not be doing what I think you're doing..." I hear Caroline say. "Sorry, Sera. I'm gonna have to call you back. I've got a situation here."

"That's okay, I understand. Love you."

"Love you too."

"What's that little frown on your face for, sweet pea?" Mommy asks me.

"Cares had to go." I explain before letting out a sigh of exasperation.

"I'm sorry, baby. Why don't we do something fun to get rid of that frown? I wanna see my baby's smile."

She lifts me up into her arms and spins me around until I start giggling.

"There's our girl." Daddy says as he leans in to kiss me on the cheek. "Has anyone checked your diaper lately, babe?"

"D-Diaper?" I finally take a minute to pause and notice the new feeling between my legs. A new thickness is there along with a strange gap in my legs. "B-But I don't need diapers."

"Why don't we just check and see, yeah?" Daddy says and carries me upstairs into my nursery. He settles me on the changing table but I continue to wriggle to make it as difficult as possible.

"Seraphina North, lay still." Daddy warns me. "You don't want a punishment do you?"

I shake my head and start to lay still.

"Good girl." He coos and kisses my cheek.

After opening the horrid diaper, Daddy announces that it's wet. I really don't know why I'm so shocked about this. I literally can't remember the last time I used a toilet.

A few tears fall down my cheeks but Daddy stops them with his finger.

"Don't worry, baby. This is just you becoming one step closer to being our full time baby. It's exciting for Mommy, Papa, and I."

"Can I just please try a pull-up again? I don't think I need a diaper...it's too babyish." I beg.

"I'm sorry, baby. You do need diapers, pull-ups don't do the job for you anymore."

"B-But..."

"No buts, baby girl. Daddy knows best for his princess."

"No, no need diapers."

"Sera, you don't tell Daddy no."

"No."

"Timeout for you, little one. Your attitude is unacceptable.

Once I'm fully changed, Daddy places me in the corner.

"You will stand here silently for five minutes, do you understand?" Daddy asks me.

"Yes, Daddy." I reply, feeling sad that I disappointed my daddy.

After what felt like an eternity of staring at a gray wall, Daddy comes back into the room and gives me a big hug.

"You did great, baby." He tells me sweetly. "Now can you tell me why Daddy had to put you in the corner?"

"Cuz I said no no to Daddy." I reply, feeling the fog start to overcome my mind.

"That's right, baby. Good job. Daddy loves you so much."

He gives me a kiss before I speak again.

"Mommy?" I call out.

"Yes, sweet pea. I'm right here." She walks in and takes me from Daddy.

"You all cleaned up, sweetheart?"

"Yeah. It's okay cuz I'm a baby."

I watch Mommy and Daddy share a look of sheer surprise and utter happiness.

"That's right, you are a baby. Good job!"

My cheeks turn pink at her praise.

"Are you Mommy's baby or Daddy's baby?"

"I'm Mommy and Daddy's baby!" I clap my hands to further my point.

"That's right! Good job, baby!" Mommy and Daddy coo over me just like that all day and I bask in it as long as my mind will allow.

Yay, quick update!

If we can get this chapter to 70 votes, I'll update again by Tuesday! And the next chapter has an interesting twist with a new development in Sera's headspace. Of course this is not an ultimatum, I will still update if we for some reason don't hit 70, but this is just an incentive to vote!

Also, please comment. I love hearing your thoughts, reactions, opinions, criticisms, etc.

Thanks! :)

~Abbie Grace