Chapter Six

Sera

"Good morning, Seraphina!" Mr. Harrison greets me the next morning. "How was everything over the past two days?"

"It was so much fun, I really enjoyed it." I reply truthfully.

"Great! Do we have a decision?"

I've been up since 3 this morning trying to think of reasons why one is better than the other, but I love them all so much and I don't know what to do.

"No. I just liked them all so much, I don't know how to choose between them."

"You don't have to choose today but that does mean you'll have a temporary caregiver assigned to you. Is that okay?"

I don't want to have to do that, but who do I choose?

"I-I don't want to, but I'm not ready to decide yet."

"Okay, well I'll need you to go up to the front office and fill out some forms and a caregiver will be with you in a few minutes."

"Yes sir." I sulkily make my way to the front and fill out some forms. While I wait for them to send out a caregiver for me, I decide to call my best friend.

"Caroline?" I say into the phone.

"Hey Sera! How is everything? Did you decide?" She asks.

"That's the problem. I liked them all so much I couldn't choose. Now I have to be assigned a temporary caregiver until I do." I sniffle, feeling the fog again.

"Shh, it's all gonna be okay. This is a big decision, it's probably best to really take your time and decide. Having a temporary caregiver won't be too bad, I'm sure they'll be really nice."

"I-I don't know." A tear falls down my cheeks.

"As soon as you're done there, come home and we can talk it out, okay?"

"Okay. I gotta go, they're sending the person now."

"Okay. Deep breathes, Ser. Everything's okay."

I take deep breaths as the caregiver walks in. A tall woman with tanned skin and blonde hair walks over and kneels in front of me.

"You must be Miss Seraphina." She says in a foreign accent that I think is Spanish. "My name is Alexandra."

I nod shyly.

"I know this isn't the ideal situation for you. Mr. Harrison told me you loved three caregivers so much you couldn't choose and I'm sure you'd rather be with one of them right now, but I promise I'll do a good job until you decide." She gives me a smile. "I'll just be your shadow. There's no need to change your schedule for me. I'll just take care of you if you slip and be there if you need me. Sound okay?"

"Yeah, that sounds okay." I say.

"Great! Where are we off to now?"

"My place." I get up and she follows me all the way back to the apartment.

I lead Alexandra inside and tell her to make herself comfortable.

"Cares?" I call out.

"Coming!" I hear some shuffling around until my best friend finally reveals herself.

She looks from me to Alexandra and back to me.

This her? She mouths to me.

I nod.

"Hi I'm Caroline, Sera's best friend and roommate." She introduces herself.

"I'm Alexandra, I'll be Seraphina's temporary caregiver until she decides on a permanent one." They shake hands. "Do you two have an extra bedroom?"

Wait, is she implying that she's gonna live here? I know littles are required to live with their caregivers but this is only temporary.

"No, just our rooms and the couch." Caroline answers for me as she sees the amount of shock I'm in. "Are you required to live with us?"

"Yes, I'm afraid I am. I guess the couch is for me."

"We're gonna go talk for a bit." I say while grabbing Care's hand and dragging her to my room as I feel the fog taking over.

"I don't want her to live here, Cares! I-I just want Harry and Zayn or Katherine!" I sniffle as I stomp my foot.

"I know, but you have to choose. Do you have any idea who could remotely have the upper hand?"

"No, they were both so caring and sweet and made me feel so good... I don't know how to choose."

"Could it boil down to gender? Would you rather have a mommy or daddy?"

"I always thought I'd want a mommy, but Harry and Zayn are so kind and gentle and I just..."

"Okay, tell me what you like about Harry and Zayn."

I go on to list everything I like about each but am cut short by the need to go the the bathroom.

"I need to go potty." I bounce in my seat.

"Okay, go." Caroline says.

I walk out into the living room and suddenly my little brain can't remember where the bathroom is. I whimper as the need to go grows stronger. Soon, Alexandra notices me and walks over to me.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" She asks.

"Need to go potty." I state.

"Okay, let's go." She wanders around until she finds the bathroom and guides me in.

"Do you need any help in there?" She asks after a few minutes.

"U-Um yes." I struggle to pull my skirt up and when I do it doesn't seem right.

"You put your skirt on backwards, silly girl." She fixed my skirt and leads me back out.

I sigh in relief as the pressure in my bladder is gone. Finally the fog has lifted and I blush in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly.

"No problem, that's my job." Alexandra replies.

While Alex is very kind, I find myself longing for Katherine and Harry and Zayn. I can't stop thinking of what it would be like if they were the ones to help me. I really just need to decide, I don't want to inconvenience Alexandra by making her sleep on the couch for long. I have to decide soon, but how?

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the drama is only just beginning. I have a quick question for you all:

Who should play Alexandra? Let me know in the comments.

I always read every single comment so your feedback is always appreciated:)

~Abbie Grace