Chapter Eleven

Sera

Katherine was bent over digging through her purse so I decided to check out the little fountain out back. Now, I'm faced with a man with tan skin, dark hair, and a certain gleam in his eyes that some would say is creepy. That's not what I'm focused on though, it's the fact that he has a puppy in his arms.

"Hey there, little one. You like my dog?" The man asks.

"Yes, he's so pretty. What's his name?" I ask, feeling the fog overtake my mind again at the sight of the adorable puppy.

"His name's Biscuit. It looks like he likes you. Do you wanna pet him?"

"Yes please!" I say before petting the adorable husky pup. I'm so entranced with the dog's luxuriously soft coat to notice the older man's stares on my face.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Seraphina. What's your name?"

"David." He replies and adds, "You look gorgeous, baby girl."

"Thank you." I blush.

"You're welcome."

"Well, we could continue this conversation at my house if you want... I have lots more puppies there."

"Seraphina!" I hear a familiar voice shout.

Harry and Zayn and Katherine all run to me and Katherine pulls me into her arms.

"Oh baby you scared mommy. Don't do that to me again, ok?" Katherine says but I'm focused on Harry's angry face as he looks about to punch David's face off.

"You're disgusting. How dare you be here at a family place! You will regret messing with my little girl just you wait..." And with Harry's words David takes off running too fast for Harry to catch up.

"Are you okay, baby? Did he hurt you?" Harry asks me before kissing my cheek.

"No. Davie was nice, he said he had more puppies at his house." I reply matter of factly.

Harry looks ready to hunt down David if it takes his entire lifetime after hearing my comment.

"Baby, listen to Papa. There are some dangerous people out there. They're evil people that like to take advantage of littles like you, sweetheart. They try to trick you with puppies or candy or sparkly things so they can take you away from me, mommy and daddy. And we don't want that do we?" Zayn explains to me while rocking me back and forth.

"No."

"I love you so much sweetheart."

"Don't be angry, Harry. I'm sorry I left. I promise I'll never ever run away again." I say and reach out to give him a hug.

"That's okay, baby girl. Don't worry about it. It was Mommy and Papa and I's fault for taking our eyes off of you. You don't know any better so it's our job to protect you and I promise we'll do a better job next time." Harry replies sweetly.

I kiss his cheek before we all head back to Harry and Zayn's house as we decide we can't handle another night at my apartment.

"Can we all cuddle together again?" I ask as Zayn helps me put my pajamas on.

"Sure, sweetheart. How about at our new house we can always sleep together so we can cuddle together every night? I'll buy us a really big bed, sound good?" Harry replies.

"Yay! Cuddles every night, right Kathy?"

"Of course, baby. I want to hold you forever." And with the look on her face I know my mommy would always hold my tight.