Chapter Twenty-Three

Andre

Sera's sleeping soundly and Mom finally decides to join the rest of us in the living room.

"Did you see her diaper, Daniel?" Mom scoffs to Dad.

"Yes, I did. That's part of her now, Sasha." Dad replies.

"You want to change an 18 year old's diaper?" Mom asks Sera's caregivers, ignoring Dad's attempts at standing up to her.

"Of course we do, she's our baby." Zayn replies matter of factly.

"She can't actually be using that, I mean I did potty train her for a reason."

"Mom, please." I say, hoping she'll get the que to back off.

"No, Andre. I won't stop because who else is going to speak up about this. Eli?"

"I may not be used to it, Mom, but I'm not going to insult her." Eli snaps. "I love her no matter what, I just need time to process this."

"Mom, just relax." Zach adds in. "I know her not being a dom was a shock to the system but you're hurting your daughter. She needs to know that you'll support her, you're her mother she needs to be able to count on you."

Mom sits there silently staring at Sera sleeping in a crib. She starts to wake up and rubs her eyes before letting out an adorable yawn before going back to sleep.

"Sasha, I know you love Seraphina. We all know that. We just think you should let Sera know that because right now she doesn't think you love her." Dad suggests.

"There's nothing I love more than you and our kids, Daniel, you know that. I just... this just isn't... I can't support this... I don't know." Mom finally says.

"We love you Mom and we love Sera. We just want you to try and fix your relationship." I reply.

"Dada!" Sera finally wakes up and holds her arms up toward Harry.

"Hey baby girl. Did you have a good nap?" He asks her gently.

She nods into his shirt as he places a pacifier between her lips.

Sera looks up and sees us all staring at her.

"Sera, come here, sweetheart." Mom calls.

Harry hesitantly sets her on the ground and pats her bottom towards Mom.

Sera walks over to Mom with a pacifier in her mouth and her stuffed giraffe in her arms.

"I want you to know that I love you no matter what and I always will, okay?" Mom says as tears fill her eyes.

"Wuv you too, Mom." Sera replies adorably.

"But I can't be okay with this. I just can't. I realize you're not dom material, you've never had the qualities of a leader. I could accept it if you were a sub but this is just too far for me."

"Sasha stop." Dad begs. "You need some time to think about this."

"No, I don't. This is how I feel. I'm done insulting you, Sera because as your brothers and father pointed out that's completely unfair, but you'll never have my full support."

"Mom-" I start.

"No, no one say another word. I want Sera to tell me how she feels now."

Sera looks like a deer caught in headlights, in shock just staring not moving.

"I sad." She whispers. "Mommy?"

Katherine walks over and takes Sera into her arms.

"Yes, baby?" Katherine replies, a worried expression on her face.

"Am I baby?"

"Yes, darling. You are a baby."

"Mom no wike babies?"

Katherine clutches Sera to her chest.

"Mom no wike me?" Sera asks again.

"She's too little to process this right now. She's getting littler everyday. She's not going to understand that you love her if you don't support her." Katherine explains. "It's gonna be all or nothing with her."

"Miwkey?" Sera whispers loudly to Katherine.

"More?"

She nods and tugs on Katherine's shirt as tears start falling down her cheeks.

"Now I have to go pick up the pieces." Katherine scoffs as she carries Sera back upstairs.

Just then, Mom runs out of the room into her bedroom and closes the door.

"Harry and Zayn, I'm so sorry about this. I really thought she would come around." Dad apologizes with tears in his eyes.

"It's alright, Sera has us to help her get through it." Zayn replies.

"Yes, I'm glad to know that the rest of you will support her." Harry adds.

"Eli, you're going to support her too, right?" Dad asks, looking closer and closer to losing it.

If Eli says no, Dad is going to freak.

"Of course. I've never seen her happier than when she was showing us her little toys." Eli says. "I shouldn't have even said what I said to her, it was just a shock at first. But I love her so much and if you ever need a babysitter I'm happy to help."

"Me too." I add.

"Me too." Zach agrees.

Dad takes all three of us in his arms.

"I love you boys so much." He says and I watch him secretly wipe away a tear. "I need you to help me make Seraphina feel so loved to make up for your mother, okay? I need my little girl to be happy and feel loved by her family."

"We understand, Dad." Zach replies. "We want that too."

Katherine walks downstairs with a once again sleeping Sera in her arms.

"Let's get home. Our baby is exhausted." Katherine says.

"Agreed." Harry states.

And with that, my baby sister leaves with her caregivers with a different kind of burden placed on her little heart.

I hope you guys enjoyed Andre's POV! I thought it would be interesting to view their relationship from an outside perspective for once.

What do you like about Sasha (Sera's mom) and do you think she'll ever come around?

Please let me know all of your thoughts in the comments, I love to hear what you think. Also, please vote to let me know you liked it:)

~Abbie Grace