Chap 4

Hi, i think this chapter will make it up to you for the other day, where i wrote a short page. Hope u enjoy it. :)

*****

I shifted nervously into my seat. Why am i even here? I hated this company already because of the jerk of a son. I shouldn't even accept his invitation. Glancing at my watch it's 9:25 A.M, he told me to be there 9:15 but it's not my problem i slept late last night.

"Wait, are you Ariana, Ariana perks?" The girl at the reception, asked. she has been keeping an eye on me every minute. It kept me uncomfortable.

"Yeah, that's me." I said nodding.

"Oh, you have an appointment with Mr. Henry, right?" I nodded confused, why would she gasp or act like she just saw a large plane landing on this building.

"Let's take you there, before i get fired. I should have known, now am doomed." She continued speaking to herself.

"Sorry, follow me." She apologized. Brushing her behavior, i was confused why would she be fired?

She then came to a halt at a large wooden door. She then knocked, "Come in." Opening the door, my eyes widened, this full was full of clients it seemed like a meeting room. Every eye was on me. They were scrutinizing me, making me squirm under their gaze.

"Sir, the girl has arrived, miss Ariana Perks." The reception girl said as she cleared her throat nervously.

"Sorry for this, Xavier take over. I'll be right back." The man, he seemed in his old fifties said as he walked towards us.

The reception girl excused herself as she scattered away down the hall. The Manager, or Mr. Henry told me to follow him down the hall.

Opening a door, it was his office. "Take a seat, miss Ariana." He smiled politely as he pointed at a chair, returning the smile i sat. He then walked over to his desk phone. "Two coffees." He hunged up. Sitting on his boss chair, he spoke "So you are the miss Ariana, the one that was shouting to my son the other day."

Gulpinng nervously, i nodded. "He wasn't respecting me, he deserved it." I blurted out. This big mouth of mine. Trying to ease the mood i asked, "So why did you want to meet me?"

He smiled, then said something that i never thought it would come out of his mouth. "I want you working here." This is crazy. He is joking, right? But his face was serious, not showing a sign of any joke or lie. Just like he sincerity in his voice.

"I'm sorry but i can't, if that's why am here then no, and sorry for disappointing you," I said standing from my seat.

"It was nice meeting you." I smiled politely.

"I know who you are,everything about you." He spoke making me stop abruptly.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning around facing him.

"Am sorry about the loss, you father." He said yet again his voice held sincerity, while his eyes saddened. He acted like i knew him my whole life.

I think my lips went dry as my eyes watered but too damn stubborn to let them fall. "How do you know?" I asked him.

"How's your mother is she still in a coma?" He ignored my question.

"Who are you why do you know so much about me?" I asked my lips quivering.

"I know how your life has been since it happened," He said "Am sorry i invaded your life but, i can help you." He then spoke. Whoa are you? why do you know so much about me?

"How did you all know this?" I asked him as i walked towards him standing right infront of his large table.

He stood form his seat as he pulled a drawer at hi left. "Here, all i know about you." He said handing me a large envelope.

"I liked the way you acted with my son. I know it's hard to associate with arrogant guys like him. But i think you can handle him." He said as he sat down.

"Working here will help you with everything." He stated pleasing.

He was right, though i hated how he invaded my life. I need money, working here will be great, and to make his son, learn a very good lesson. Why would that be a bad idea? I needed money to pay off the bills and the rent. He was willing to help me yet he wanted me to go all 'teach-him-a-lesson-to-stop-being-arrogant'

Should i agree to this?

*****

like it?

please comment and vote! :)