- Five -

The next morning, everyone was asleep. We slept in my room kicking each other's faces, foot in our mouths, falling off the bed, etc. I did have a fun time with them, knowing they were cool about me being protective over things really had a big weight off my shoulders.

I wake up, Chloe on my arm, Angie's hair in my mouth, Amandla drooling on my leg, and Alicia sleeping right on top of me. A chuckle seeps out of my mouth as I find it a maze to get out of bed. I dress into sweat pants and a sweatshirt to go on a walk with Mali to the coffee shop. I was on regular curfew, I wasn't really expecting if he was there or not, knowing he could change shifts.

I put my hair up in a bun and brush my teeth before putting on my sneakers and grabbing my purse to have Mali on his leash beside me. He's half corgi, half pug; his fat, husky body hanging over his stubby legs as he's trotting like he never has before. We turn down the corner and see the storefront big with brown umbrellas over its little set out with tables and chairs just as the night is dawning.

I walk into the shop with Mali in my hands, shocked that he's there again. But he isn't exactly in his same cream apron, working in the back like I had normally saw. In fact, the shop is completely empty. He looks up from his phone, his green orbs taking continuous looks at me to see that I was really there, awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"Oh hi." He smiles.
"Hi, um, are you guys...open?" I try to save myself in looking around.
"Only in a couple of minutes." He replies, rather quickly.
"Well okay, I could just order by mobile, thanks for telling me-"
"No, you can just stay here. I'm sure my boss doesn't mind if one guest is only here for a short while until we open." He says and I'm only arguing with myself to just sit down at one of the tables.
"Here, sit by me." He pats the table, for me to shyly sit across from him.

I have a closer look at him, his face looking more softer with his kind smiles approaching me here and there, while his lips are in a soft pink range just immediate when you see them. His eyebrows are bushy, arching with his round eyes looking out of the window of the frames of his glasses. They're squarish, a green and black checker pattern following on the folders.

I find myself quiet, just staring at his face to perceive what is the depiction of perfection named God. It has me nervous in my seat, more shy than I would approach, and it's a bit embarrassing.

"So...," he starts. "My name's Bodhi, as in the 'O' being umlauted, some mispronounce it but that's okay, just getting to know strangers. I work almost everyday throughout the week now, just started Sunday. What's your name?"
A clot is in my throat but I brush it off, finding him easy going in the start of things.
"My name's Felicity, not abbreviation for Felicia, just Felicity. I'm 19, Im in college and I should be getting my Bachelors degree soon." I shortly laugh at the end.
"Well Just Felicity," he converses. "I hope your job interview went well, saw you shaking a bit yesterday."
"Oh yeah," I felt my cheeks heating to the tips of my ears. "Just my first job, worked as a 'couponee' for my mom when I was fourteen, but I wouldn't really consider it."
"Couponee? What's that?" He asks.
"My mom loved to save coupons when she always went grocery shopping. Or shopping in general. So I helped organizing coupons in her book, which took an hour or so, five dollars a week."

I found myself opening up to this guy and it was my first time really talking to him. Mali's panting lifted against my hand as I was talking to..Bodhi. I found him ultimately amusing; his easiness in conversation, his way in understanding things, and that he was such a geek. He plays Mario Bros and reads fantasy books while he listens to music to help him go to sleep. I felt like a nerd at the moment, just because I was just so stuck on getting done with schoolwork that small things would surprise me.

We're laughing until we hear a click clonk stepping against the checkerboard floors, and I see that the boss shows up. She sees that we're both sitting in a table in the corner and she looks at her watch.

"Hello, Felicity Boris, welcome aboard." She picks her hand out, and I'm confused.
"Huh?" I look at her bewildered.
"You passed. My name's Cara Dylan, you may call me Ms. Dylan or just by Cara. You are now an employee to Jack o' Beans."

I shake her hand before she goes off with her day. I look at Bodhi then Mali, but he just shrugs and smiles.