- Eight -

"I'm so excited, ahh, you have to come."

Angie and I were Skyping each other on my MacBook conversing about the party. I was partially on Bodhi's side, making sure all odds could be positive into him going. Why? Part of it, he's a hot guy, secondly, I just wanted to see my other side on things in how I am with being social in my life.

"So, what about that boy you were talking about?" Angie topics, popping a grape in her mouth.
"Bodhi? He's very cooperative now that I'm getting more to know about him. He's easy going, a person you can easily just strike a conversation with by one word of a topic. Seriously he's-"
"Slow down girl, the computer's breaking up from you talking so fast. What I'm understanding, is that communicating with 'Bodhi' he's nice, handsome, possibly the ones good at head."

I roll my eyes, seeing that there was no end to their dirty talk, like there ever was. For some reason, I was going crazy over Bodhi. It wasn't me in general to see a cute boy and possibly point him out. And now that I'm experiencing this, it's weird, it's choreographed with my heart and I don't feel like myself as usual.

"Do you have pictures?" Angie continues.
"Nah, I just gave him my phone number. I could describe him for you." I insist.
"Go for it."
"He has smooth brown hair, I don't know if he just normally rolls out of bed, but he has this natural effect that's so attractive. Part of its to his green eyes he wears behind his glasses, I guess you could call him a nerd, if that's appropriate." I giggle as some giddily girl.
"Wow, that was nearly two minutes of waste of my time, but I'll take it in anyways." Angie says after she's swallowed another grape.

I know it's cringing you why I'm just totally falling for this boy, why I'm reacting in a way that could compel to me never falling in love, which I haven't. I didn't want to exaggerate the entire thing though, like I was some crazy girl desperate for your attention because it's my first time liking a boy. I don't like when things turn the wrong direction, a person perceiving you as someone else when you're mainly going into a certain target. I was really into Bodhi though, now time occurring, and I wanted to know least to attractions a boy may devote.

"You always have your guard up, like, take a chill pill love, it's not that big of a deal." Angie goes on 'coaching' me on how she approaches boys.
"You want to have a good character the first time they see you, but not to classy, or else they'll think you're possibly stubborn or too uptight about things, that they don't see in the point of using time with you to hang out. But never play blonde, there's always boys who think you're a doormat their dick can ride over," I slightly laugh. "It's good that you're staying aware of things but just try to push aside those strict rules or whatever algebra going through your mind and try to have fun?"

I nod my head through comprehension before I see that she's looking at her phone to see someone's calling.

"Sorry boo, I'll call you back." She says before hanging up on me right after.

I was alone then, the House awfully quiet, aside from Mali's paws scratching against the floor as he seems to be chasing something. I take in Angie's advice, seeing that Bodhi's number was listed contact in my phone list. My heart was beating rationally fast. It was like one of those scary movies where the scene's suddenly quiet and as the camera's rolling, you try to look around to prepare what will pop out at you. My fingers possess me, typing fast to even think what I said.

Felicity (me) : Hi Bodhi, didn't want to bother you if you were busy at the moment but I guess I'm alone at this time's sequence.
••••
Bodhi : Hello, nice to hear from you again, I'm feeling a bonding towards you, but it's like we're still strangers. Do you want to meet up somewhere?
•••
Felicity (me): Sure, of course, where to?

Bodhi: Well, whatever makes you comfortable

I text him my address as my heart's banging against my chest, sudden anxiety a marathon on my heart. I instantly check in the mirror, fixing my hair in a couple of places and putting on some pants instead of just casually being in my undies. It was pretty startling that a guy would be coming to your house, the fact that he brings up the question, that you answer it, it's all disoriented pieces trying to fit in a jigsaw puzzle.

Soon enough, I hear a banging from the door as I'm still trying to fix myself in the mirror.

"Mali," I get his attention. "How do I look?"

He only cocks his head to the side, leaving me hoping in my own urgency, quickly looking out the peephole to answer it.

"Hi." An awkward hi pitches in my voice as I open the door for him.
"Hey, nice home you have here." Bodhi says entering the house.
"It's my parents." I say, seeing that he was driving in a red mustang, seemingly to it being parked in front of my house.

I close the door, and feel goosebumps chilling on my arms and legs. He's in a gray Harvard sweatshirt with old blue jeans and red converse shoes. His hair's still groomed, sticking up into some do peeking in a crew cut. I didn't want it to be so obvious that I was checking him out, which probably was.

"Y-you can sit down on one of the couches i-if you want to." I was stuttering through my words before I instantly caught myself.
"Cool, it is fairly quiet around here. You say parents?" He heights in a question with a cute smile on his face.
"Yeah, they went to go visit some of our family members for the week a couple of days ago. So they trusted me with the house." I clarify, getting him to nod his head.
"That must be nice."

There's quite of a silence, and like I'd always take in moments I didn't want our acquaintance to always be so awkward sometimes.

"Uh, would you like a drink? We have juice, water, hot cocoa?" I suggest.
"Water is fine."

I go to achieve his water in the kitchen, look forward in sitting in one of the separate chairs when I'm back in the living room. Angie said to take chances, so I actually sat on the same couch as him. I didn't sit too close though, of course I kept out his personal bubble, not wanting things to be suspicious or just being mindful otherwise.

We exchange smiles in a few time shifts and I just lose my words instead of being so confident like I was back at Jack o' Beans. It's like my body was going into shock, I was just so stuck that the moment was getting awkward, what I was trying to avoid.

"So," he starts. "You seem like a nice girl, is there anything you wanted to talk about besides the party."
I guess the party didn't have to matter as long as us being friends, or even talking.
"Well, we have a whole night if that's your take. I guess my mind's training on some things."