- Nineteen -

I was glad when mom decided to leave almost an hour after she had arrived at Jack o' Beans. She would probably talk to me when I get home. Bodhi leaves with me out the door and pushes me on the wall when we're both outside.

He kisses me blissfully on my lips, muzzling them in sweet tender as he's tilting his mouth to chain with mine. It's short and tasteful. I didn't know if that was the reaction he was intending to leave on me from his amorous habits, but if it was, it surely worked.

When he breaks away, his ivy eyes look deep into me before he sharply exhales.
"Have a safe walk home." He finally says, pulling himself from trapping me against the wall.
"Goodnight." I wave and I could tell the way he was informally driving, he was making sure I was getting home safely.

As soon as I enter the house, mom is sitting on the couch reading a magazine with her eyeglasses as the tv's on.

"Hey mom," I shyly wave. "Where's daddy?"
"In the basement on another project, how was work?" Mom smiles and I'm feeling a certain edge that I need to be on to her.
"It was fine, thought you were there to get an idea of my composure." I cock my head at her.
"Oh, you seemed fine, tasty coffee, very well customer service."
"Mom?"
"Hm?"
"How was he?"
"Bobby?"
"Bodhi." correct her.
"As long as he's treating you right, he's fine."

I breathe a huge sigh of belief as I'm about to take all my stuff off in my room but mom talks again.

"Oh and one more thing," she says. "Your friends called earlier today that it was Chloe's birthday. They wanted to invite you on a hangout to the beach tomorrow and I promised that you'd give them a call to call it official that you're coming."

I dress in my pajamas and give Chloe a call. The phone doesn't even buzz before she answers, nor does it static through her yelling.

"Felicity you will be ready by 2 pm when we come by your house to pick you up." She urges. "You need to be ready, we'll be getting bikini waxes, check if we have a few things. Bring your dog, dictionary, or whatever we're going to the beach.
"Ok, but how about I pick you guys up by the time being. I just got a car, would be nice to drive for the sweet birthday girl, right?" I recommend.
"Fine, don't be late."

I managed to talk to Cara and only had to work half my shift today. Later on, I put on a pair of shorts with my bikini and flannel while I slip on my silver sandals. I bring a bag to bring a change of clothes later on if I went in the water, and mom forces me to bring sunscreen even if I was born already tanned. I let my hair carry with the wind as I go to start the car and pick up the girls.

"Have a safe trip." Mom yells from the kitchen.
"I will."

I pick up the girls by their houses as they stock up the seats to set the arrangements of Chloe's birthday. She vows to sit in the front seat with me, considering she was the birthday girl. But like she promised, we were going to our appointment for a bikini wax.

I had no intention in severely shaving there, that being dressing up with nature. I couldn't see why were waxing but it would be a deal if we were going out on the beach in bathing suits and it's nearly the closest thing to being naked.

We go to a savant working a studio to do the cosmetics of waxing our pubs. I felt eerie to someone looking down there, and I know, you've already been touched there, plus you had to avoid sicknesses when you were a kid, grow up. She sits us on these exam tables and have us take off our bottoms and undies.

I feel like I'm in one of those cartoons where the kid is strapped down near this evil doctor or whatever, she has some type of Russian accent. Otherwise how the wax went, it was painful. How she'd tear the hard wax off, I could've sworn she had these big Wreck-It-Ralph hands she'd rub together to give you the feeling of carpet burn. But she even did our armpits too. When I looked down there, it was shaped into a downside triangle, shaved on certain sides where it wouldn't entangle with your bikini.