- Seventeen -

I found out my parents were coming home soon and the mystery surprise they were planning on giving me as well.

This whole week has been mad, even I've gone mad. It would be anomalous for this to happen in just one week, or to come when my parents are just gone. Was it a message or was I doing something to have this all course? Now that two guys are literally thinking lottery tickets of winning me over, I'm stressed, pleasured, zaniness coiling in my system all in one outlook.

I look like crap. I've been wearing the same clothes for nearly three days, my mouth feels dry and I slightly feel worn out. Friends, parents, boyfriend..maybe I'm not ready for it? I could be thinking this now and maybe it'll settle later.

I take a long bath, letting the hot water seep into my pours and my mind goo into nothingness. I have work tomorrow and since mom and dad are coming back, we could possibly make a movie night, go out to eat or just have a long rest for the day.

I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but maybe all this chaos is what's hassling me, straining me under so much pressure to choose and decide at the same time whether it's right or not. And my fear of telling my parents (mom), is probably what's best for me.

When I dry off, I just stay in my bra and panties, making myself a grill cheese sandwich and watching Love in the Dark on my laptop. I grab a soda can and chill on the couch, wrapping myself in a cover and cuddling Mali next to me. I feel so much better now, everything's pulled away from me, plus my fear of getting gray hairs. Now that I'm feeling more of myself, I can worry less of things, and now that I'm worrying less of things, there's no tomorrow.

A couple of hours later, I hear a beep in front of our house and it sounds like it's resident towards this way.

"Hey honey!" I see my mom and I instantly rush toward her to give her hug. Mali even runs out the house, bouncing up and down at dad's legs.
"Hi mommy, hi dad." I clutch at them.
"Hi Felicity...um where's your clothes?" Dad says and I instantly realize I was too lazy to change into actual clothes.
"I'll be right back."
"Well be back quick cause we have a surprise for you."

I quickly change into a pair of jeans and zip up my jacket with my bra before I run back out.

"Okay, Gary!" I hear mom shout and instantly a pull up truck pulls up with a white Hyundai Sonata car and a huge red ribbon on top of it.
"Oh my god is this mine?" I look at mom and dad.
"Oh no, we got you this." Mom flips a black sheet from a hooptie car that looks all tattered and bent up.
They look at me with enthusiasm as my heart drops.
"Nah were just kidding," they laugh. "It's your car."

It was electric. I already took my driver's ED when I was 16, and now that I finally receive my own car is like my early diploma for me. I can show it off to my friends, drive everywhere instead of hitching a ride, and my parents will probably force me to get groceries now that I can drive on my own.

"Oh and here's your keys." Dad gives me the pair of keys to the car.

Sunny side girl on her way through the daisies. There's a Kuromi keychain to the keys and the bumper license says IH8TAXIDRIVERS. I was so excited of the situation that I didn't care that my parents had it custom.

The car smelt like peppermint and chocolate air freshener, or else they were eating in here. Besides, I found the car comfortable. The new car smell with the fresh leather seats with food crumbs in between cracks, the freedom to finally touch the wheel at my own will without any task, and the sweet feeling saying of this being my car.

"Now, ladybug," Dad says. "I'd save that car until later. We can spend family time together today."
I huff, "Can I at least park it in the driveway."

He moves out of my way as I park it along side mom and dad's BMW. We go inside so mom and dad can finish unpacking. I fix popcorn and pizza and hand a can of Pepsi. We watch old movies like Matilda, Tyler Perry's Madea, Friday the 13th, and so on. We stay in until dark to where mom and I and Mali are painting each other's nails.

"It's been a long weekend," Mom explains about her trip with dad. "They made peach cobbler, koolaid cheesecake, we saved you some leftovers. If there even are some."
I chuckle, "I'm glad you and dad were having a good time. Hopefully you weren't thinking about me if it were holding you back on a few things."
Mom smudges her nail polish from laughing.
"You know how much a business woman works? Of course I wasn't as homesick as you were concerned, you're father and I were having a great time," She assures. "Well enough about me Feelee, what have you been doing all this week."

I gasp a whiff of air and it stays that way. I was about to say something short wording in just how casual I was doing with the house, but there was so much going on, it was pushing at the back of my throat.