Surprise! X

Quick reminder that in this fanfic Aunt May is kind of a jerk so if you don't like that... sorry; although in the last chapters she's good!

Peter was having a good day, a good week actually. He stopped various crimes as Spiderman, aced his finals, went to Tony's as every week, and was at only days to finish the school year and be at the summer vacation.

Yep, Peter was doing great. Maybe that was because life said in that moment: Let's mess up a bit with his life. Because, of course, he was Peter Parker, and having luck, or fate liking him was not something that was going to happen in the near future.

So, when Peter found Aunt May sitting in the couch kissing some guy's lips after he went home from school, he was only a little surprised. Well, that's what Peter wanted to think, but not even close to reality.

Yeah, he wanted Aunt May to have a boyfriend, move on with her life, be happy... but why was she kissing some random guy in the sofa? A guy that Peter has never seen before.

He took a deep breath, before saying.

"Uhhh, hey Aunt May..." he scratched the back of his neck, feeling awkward.

May and the new guy instantly pulled back, they looked startled and only Aunt May looked slightly guilty.

"Hello sweetie. How was school? Your chemistry test?"

Peter was astonished, a feeling that quickly turned to anger, for some reason.

"No, don't 'hello sweetie' me Aunt May!" Peter was furious, she didn't even was decent enough to tell him what was happening "What the hell is going on?"

The guy, who Peter could see was incredible tall, more compared to him, and has brown hair. In the end of his eyes were wrinkles.

Then he spoke.

"Hello Peter, I believe we haven't actually met" he extended a hand towards Peter who despite himself took and shook a little too forcefully "I'm Lucas, it's good to finally meet you"

"Peter, but it looks like you already knew my name" he said and then, looking at Aunt May he added "But for some reason I didn't know yours"

May gave him a guilty smile "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but we were waiting for the right moment..." she sighed "A moment that came too late, as it looks like"

"How long?" a part of Peter was telling him that it couldn't have been too long, because in that case he would have known by now. But another part was telling that if they were that into their relationship to kiss like he had seen (a memory that he was hoping he could lose) then it has to be at least two months, too much for Peter's liking. Honestly he didn't know what was worse.

"Six months" May and Lucas shared a look.

"What?! Six freaking months and I'm only knowing this now?!" Peter was wild.

They have been going out for six months and he hasn't know anything until now? He was offended.

He knew that it was Aunt May's life, but he has at least the right to know at two months maximum, he was her nephew, all that he has left was May and Peter was all that she has left, they relayed in each other for everything. At least he has thought.

"We know that it has to be some shocking news, Pete. But we did what we thought was best" Lucas spoke up, defending the two.

'Pete?' Peter thought and for some reason it made him furious. Who thought this man was?! Talking to him like he has known him for a lifetime! Speaking for Aunt May and himself like he has a right to say something in this argument. Like he has any kind of right over him or his life.

Words left Peter mouth without him knowing.

"You" he pointed to Lucas "you shut up! What do you think you are? This is a family thing and you know nothing about me, so try to stick with at least not nicknaming me!"

"Peter!" was all that his aunt had to say for him to explode, it would have been the cleverest decision to just quiet down for May, but she just kept talking, oblivious to his nephew increasing rage "Do not talk to him like that! He's family now, I love him, you like it or not"

Yeah, bad move May.

"Look, he may be your family but right now he's nothing but a stranger to me! Why? Well, because you hid this from me for six months! And I'll talk to him as I want! He has no right over me!"

"He may have not, but I have and I'm telling you right now to behave. Do not talk to me like that"

'Like that?' like what? Like she was talking to him right now? Why was he any different form his aunt? Peter was seeing red and he knew that if he didn't calm down then he'll start crying.

Peter was not thinking clearly so it was no surprise that his response was embarrassingly lame.

"You don't tell me what to do" after that he went to his room, a cloud of smoke and red following him. He was glad that when he started crying he was no longer in the other room with those two.

After some minutes of him drying his tear just for them to come faster, and trying to calm himself down in vain he decided that he needed a distraction. So he did what he always does in those situations. He put his mask and suit on and jumped out of a window to talk to Karen and relieve stress swinging in high places.

"Hello Peter. Your heart rate is abnormally high and it's increasing, as well as your hormones. Should I call Mr. Stark? Or help?"

"No Karen, don't call. I'm just angry"

"Can I help you? I have some protocols, if you want me I could make you do some breathing exercises"

"No thanks Karen, I'm doing great. Can we talk tough, I need to talk to someone"

It was true, Peter knew that if he wanted to calm down he needed to talk. Talking was almost always his coping mechanism for everything.

He couldn't talk to Aunt May, neither he could talk to Ned, loved his friend but sometimes he just didn't get things like Peter did, he scolded himself for even thinking about bothering Mr. Stark for something as stupid as this, true, his relationship was much better now, they even were on a first name basis, but still he was an occupied billionaire and Avenger. So he figured that Karen was his best option right now.

He got comfy on a roof and started rambling to Karen about his 'Lucas' problem. Karen was surprisingly understanding and empathetic to be an AI and Peter felt a little better, enough to his body to stop secreting adrenaline and the exhaustion of the day to put a heavy weight in his pupils.

So this is my first fanfic, also my first time writing in English so you're welcome to make correction and review as long as it's done nicely.