School X

Peter woke up to someone shaking his shoulder a little, knowing exactly why they were waking him up he turned around , groaning but aware that it wouldn't change the fact that he'd have to go to school.

Tony laughed "Pete, wake up or you're going to be late in your first day. We don't want that, do we?"

"Dad..." he whined but got up anyways, this day would be hell. A part of him felt a little selfish for thinking that they'd be that aware of him, but he knew it was the truth.

He rubbed his sleepy eyes, his hair a big mess of curls "I'm so tired"

"I know..." Tony sighed, yesterday the kid went to sleep late, he knew it wasn't because he was in his phone or doing dumb things, so he felt a little bad for his kid, but Peter had to go to school "But you have to get up, it would be over sooner than you think, then you can take a nap, buddy"

Peter nodded, the sleepiness making his head and movements awkward.

"I set the alarm last night"

"I knew that you wouldn't wake up on your own, Peter" Tony laughed it off, brushing his kid's hair with his hand. He wasn't going to tell Peter that last night when he put the kid to bed he had told Tony to stay with him, knowing Peter he would be very ashamed.

Peter dressed up, trying to look as good as he could at seven o'clock. He had to make a good first impression with his teachers, he knew that once you made a good impression it would stick to you, it made easier the school year.

When he got to the kitchen he saw that Steve and Nat were already up, he wasn't surprised, Steve was an early bird, and Natasha's sleep schedule was as consistent as Clint's moods.

"Good morning, Peter. How are you?" greeted Steve with a cheerfulness that he saw impossible to muster at that hour in the morning. He smiled polite and answered with a murmured 'good, thanks'.

"You don't sound so convinced" noted Natasha.

"Well, the kid has school. The day you find someone eager to go to school is going to be the day that Sam starts acting as an adult" Tony responded for him, rolling his eyes.

"Tony..." Steve warned.

"What? It's true! Nobody likes school"

"It's important to educate our children, Tony, they're the future of our country and world. If they are not educated then the future wouldn't be made" Steve says sternly, his Captain America face on and arms crossed over his chest. And in that moment, in his sleepy state, Peter swore he heard the national anthem playing in the national anthem in the background.

"It's too early for one of your freedom and American speeches, I haven't got enough coffee to sea with you, Capsicle" Tony groaned, putting breakfast in front of Peter, commanding him to eat.

"Natasha, you can stop playing the anthem now" Steve said, looking sternly at her.

Natasha laughed and pressed a button on her phone, then Peter realized that he wasn't hearing things. Natasha had put the national anthem in her phone when Steve started his patriotic talk; maybe he wasn't as tired as he thought... or maybe he was more tired than he thought, who knew.

"You should stop playing the anthem every time I talk about something serious" Steve looked at Natasha over his newspaper.

"Never, I'll do it 'til the day I die" she chuckled, with a little smirk.

"Came on, Underoos. Time to go to school" his dad put a hand in his back, guiding him to the elevator, he wanted to talk to him.

"Peter... Happy will be taking you to school, ok? I can't go, sorry, I have a meeting that Pep would kill me if I don't attend to" he explained, feeling guilty at knowing that it was a hard day for his son and he couldn't go with him.