...What? X

The night passed in a blur of Tony trying to keep awake in a chair next to his kid's bed, making sure he wouldn't choke himself with his own vomit while he sleep and that he didn't have nightmares.

Thankfully nothing happened, so around six thirty Tony went to his own room to get a shower and a change of clothes to start his morning early. Also, he knew that if Peter knew he spent all his night with him instead of sleeping he would feel bad.

Around 10.45 he heard light footsteps and saw a sleepy, yet somewhat confused, Peter in his doorframe. The kid looked a little shy and awkward but it was probably because of what happened yesterday, Tony tried to reassure himself, pushing away all of his paranoia and worry.

He smiled welcoming to his kid "Hey, kiddo, what's up? How're you feeling?"

"Mhmm" Peter nodded to himself and after a beat where he realized he provably had to talk to not worry the man he responded "Good, though I don't remember much about what happened, but everything's good, Mr. Stark, don't worry"

————————————————————————

Two hours earlier...

Tony was enjoying his second cup of coffee with Loki- who appeared in the living room suddenly, making his heart jump- when the team came in, looking exhausted and done with everything.

"We got them" said Steve, proudly.

"It's a shame they wouldn't talk" added Rhodey, looking pointedly at the billionaire "Maybe you'll make them talk, Tones, though nothing they could say will change the fact that I'll send them to a cell for the rest of their lives"

Tony nodded, looking at them with greatful eyes, after all it was his kid, and they had offered to go and get the bad guys for him so he could stay on the tower and keep an eye in Peter alongside Bruce.

"Thank you, guys" he smiled tiredly "You go rest and I'll take care of them"

"It's nothing, but you seem like you could use the rest too, Stark" Natasha crossed her arms over her chest, squinting at him.

"Yeah... the kid spent all of yesterday throwing up, I didn't sleep to make sure he was alright through the night"

"As sweet as that is, Tony, maybe you should rest" commented Bucky, who was already going through the fridge to get something to eat. The soldier cursed when one of the magnets stuck itself to his metal arm, mumbling about how he couldn't even go through the fridge this days and cursing the 21th century.

"Yeah, yeah, after I take care of this guy. I'm thinking about why isn't Wanda here, though; she would be of much more help" he looked at the group, and Wanda was missing, as well as Thor, Scott and Sam "Where's the rest of the team, guys?"

"Oh, SHIELD contacted us, they told us that some not so normal things where happening in the city, nothing big, mostly someone stealing small things, but they wanted some of us to look at it" Clint said, trying to steal some of Bucky's cookies "Man, I'm hungry!" he complained.

"Get your own food, Birdman"

The team ignored them, used to their fights, and kept talking.

Tony nodded confused "And that's Avengers business because...?" he asked.

"Did you heard anything, Tony? Paranormal activity" Clint repeated "Whatever; they'll tell us what that exactly is when they come back"

"I'll go talk to those assholes now" the billionaire dismissed the situation and started walking again.

"Maybe I should come, too, Stark. I'm pretty good at this interrogatory things" Loki also got up, elegantly as always, and walked behind Tony. They all knew it would be of no use telling him not to.