Injured X

Tony was trying to help the civilians when he heard some shouting through the com and one word caught his attention. Peter. They were saying something about his kid. And shouting. It was never a good thing those things combined.

"What the hell is happening there?!" Tony lose his patience, asking FRIDAY to contact Karen for injuries.

"I am sorry to inform you, Boss, that Karen is not connected at the moment. Should I hack her?" came FRIDAY's reply.

"Tony" it was Steve, sounding alarmed, but a firm voice was overcoming his fear "Peter's down. We'll need to bring him to Bruce ASAP"

"On it. Don't touch him, I want FRIDAY to scan him first" Tony felt a urge of fear ran through him and suddenly he felt cold, and it had nothing to do with the snow pouring over NY.

There was more shouting and blasting and fighting, but he couldn't heard them, the blood in his ears making it impossible for him to heard something else over his own frantic heart beat.

He had never felt this scared in his life, not when he was in Afghanistan, not in his expo, not ever.

This was a different kind of fear, not the one he always felt, the one which urged him to fight in a battle and had adrenaline all over his system. This fear was cold, and dry, and had him panicking. This fear paralyzed him, not urged him to move. And he hated it.

He got there in record time, Natasha sending him their location. And when he got there he almost collapsed, because Peter had collapsed.

He saw his kid laying in the floor, eyes closed, a hole in his chest, an ice dagger sticking out of him, hair sticking and suit (he hoped it was the suit and not Peter) fried.

His faceplate was off, and a look of pure horror plaster in his face. The red spot around Peter alarming.

He made his way through some Avengers who were fighting, shielding Natasha and Peter.

"He has lost so much blood already, his heart rate alarmingly weak" informed Natasha "Bruce is already working in the jet, preparing everything, but he believes that he'll have to move to the tower"

"Fri, scan him, send his vitals and wounds to Bruce" Tony said, voice thick.

"Already done, Boss"

"I'm going to bring him to Bruce" Tony said to Nat before scooping the boy in his arms, trying to move him the less he can and to avoid the serious injuries.

He flew to the jet, where Bruce was already waiting with the door open and a bed to put the boy.

"Tony" he said once the billionaire put his son down and got out of the Ironman armor "I know you're scared and want to be with him, but the team needs you, and I need to bring him to the tower to take better care of him"

Tony knew it was true, but he didn't want to, he felt like if he let the kid alone something bad would happen. That if he wasn't with the kid the reality of the situation would settle on him and drown him while fighting. His kid could die.

"I'll call you if something happens, I swear" Bruce promised, already getting the suit out of the kid.

"Okay, I trust you to take good care of my kid"

"I know you do, I'll do everything in my power to not let you down"

Tony nodded and got inside his suit again, letting the faceplate off and looking at his kid one more time.