Search X

Tony's world didn't end with a bang, or a whisper; it ended with a flood of memories.

Tony ignoring Peter. Talking shit to his kid. Making him feel horrible. Unloved.

Peter was Tony's world, and surely now it has ended. Peter might hate him, his kid is suffering somewhere with people he doesn't know and he can't even call for his father because he has the impression that he hates him, which is far, far from the reality. Tony loved him, he wanted to shout it, to shout apologizes and to be forgiven; but he didn't deserve it, so he just suffered the guilt in silence.

They had gotten the strange device out of him, Bruce and Pym had tried to explain to him how they did it when he asked, but his concentration was elsewhere; it was with his kid and memories... memories that he didn't remember having.

Bruce and Pym looked through the device and, in the end, they concluded that it was manipulating his brain, making him confused and not himself. They had explained the science behind it, but he didn't pay any attention.

It was strange, like a dream with his eyes open, but he couldn't wake up, and this wasn't a dream, this was reality. Peter was kidnapped, he might be suffering, and it was Tony's fault.

"You know this is not your fault... right? Because it's not" Natasha put a hand in his shoulder and gave him a comforting and sad smile "This was their fault, not yours, you were controlled"

Tony shook his head, closing his eyes "Just that it is"

"Do you blame Clint for what he did when Loki controlled him?" she asked, sternly, trying to get through his friend's thick skull that this wasn't his fault.

"It's different"

"How so?"

"Clint-" he began explaining but was cut off by the rest of the team entering the facility, they looked sad and angry and they didn't have Peter, it was all Tony needed to know.

"They weren't there, or near a ten radius from there either" explained Thor, looking downright furious.

"We just found a computer, the one we tracked" Steve explained, shoving the computer to the billionaire, looked upset.

Tony sighed, they didn't let him go with them because when he woke up they were already gone.

Rhodey say besides him, putting a hand in Tony's knee as he knew that it was all the comfort his friend was going to openly accept.

"We're going to find him, Tones, don't worry" he said firmly but with a warm smile on his face. Tony just nodded and grabbed a computer, trying to do something.

It was hard, though, they didn't have anything to begin with, only who they were, and that wasn't of much help and the captor knew it, otherwise they wouldn't have sent that video the team told him about. They said it was one of those videos which were deleted after seeing them, so Tony couldn't see it, he didn't know if it was for better or worse.

————————————————————————

Wherever he was, Peter realized, it was far from civilization or very good sound proofed; otherwise, someone would have heard his yelling.

He just knew that they had a plan, and it was about Tony finding his dead body in there, letting the guilt consume the billionaire.

How long? He didn't know.

————————————————————————

Tony was blaming himself while typing in an hologram and talking to FRIDAY, trying to get a location or something about Peter. This was his fault, Peter was his kid, it was his job to amend this. He was a mechanic, they fixed thing, he could fix this, he will fix this.