Day 1

This is a very mature story so if you aren't 18+ then you're on your own. Please enjoy.

Mark Fischbach zipped up the last of his suitcases for his vacation. He only had two bags packed with clothes even though he was going to be gone for a month. He has mastered the art of folding clothes really small so he can fit as many t-shirts and pants as he needed. He knew his girlfriend, Jessica, would probably have five or six bags at least; always overpacking for trips just in case he forgot anything.

Which he always did.

As he put his bags by his door, he did a once over in his room to make sure he didn't forget anything. Mark had his laptop slung over his shoulder which would be his only carry-on and he brushed his hair back to fit all of it under a black hat. He made sure his whole apartment was cleaned and presentable for the time he would be gone, which of course his girlfriend did the most work.

"Ray just called and told me she landed at LAX five minutes ago."

His best friend Wade Barnes came into his bedroom and picked up his bags to put by the front door. Mark followed him out and was immediately attacked by his fur baby; Chica. He sat down on the ground and let her drench him in her drool, feeling the tug at his heart from already missing her.

"You be good for our guest, okay?" He asked her and she stopped licking him to stare in his eyes as if she was saying yes.

Mark nuzzled his head into hers as he hugged her tightly. Ever since he adopted her, he has never been without her for so long. He was tempted to bring Chica with him but Wade convinced him that he needed this vacation alone as a couple.

"I don't know if I want to leave her with this girl..."

"I told you, everything will be fine," Wade said for the tenth time. "Ray will take great care of Chica."

Mark was unable to find anyone to watch Chica while he would be gone, including Wade who was also going out of town. When it was getting down to the wire Molly, Wade's wife, suggested that he'd have someone stay at his condo for a fee and watch Chica at the same time. Mark wasn't comfortable at first having a stranger stay in his home but after much convincing, he posted his apartment on Airbnb.

"You could make some money and have Chica taken care of," Molly had said to Mark.

She took over taking pictures of the condo and putting descriptions on the website. She made the post under her name so people wouldn't know it was really Mark's place; alleviating them of any crazy fans that would try to apply. She also didn't post that they would have to take care of Chica until they inquired about staying there. Mark thought that was deceitful but she assured him that revealing that information after the fact would weed out the undesirables.

Eventually, after many people dropped out after the Chica bomb, Ray was the first one that loved the idea of taking care of a dog. Molly talked back and forth with her and deemed her to be the best person for the job. Wade would meet her at his house and give her a quick tour; giving her all the information she needed on taking care of Chica and the home.

"Here," Wade started, handing Mark his phone. "You would feel better about it if you'd look at her page."

Mark snatched the phone from Wade and scrolled through her Facebook. With him making extra videos and getting the trip planned, he never took the time to actually look up Ray. Mark was told to trust them with everything and he did; but right now, curiosity took the best of him.

The first thing Mark noticed about her was the abundance of curls on her head. In almost every one of her pictures, she had her hair wild and free over her round face. She had a friendly appearance; big, dark eyes and a smile that was contagious.