Day 26

"What is this place called that you're taking me to?" Mark asked, watching Ray get dressed.

"The Cork Lounge," She answered, pulling on a deep blue lace dress. "They have open mic performances there."

"I've been there before," Mark walked up to her and zipped up her dress. "It's pretty hard to sign up for a time since they are always booked."

"Have you tried?"

"A few times but they never accepted me."

"Well, you aren't that good anyway," Ray said.

"I'm fucking terrible."

"How do I look?" She asked, twirling around.

"Perfect."

"Come on," She took his hand and pulled him to the door. "We don't want to be late."

"Late for what?"

"An important date!" She gave Chica a quick pat on the head, grabbed the keys, and walked out the door.

Mark rushed up behind her and held his hand out for the keys but she jumped into the front seat, "Let me drive."

"Uhhh..." Mark didn't really let anyone drive his Tesla.

"Please?"

"Alright."

The lounge was ten minutes away so the drive was short. Once they arrived, Mark saw that Wade and Molly were waiting at the front entrance.

"I'll park the car," Ray told Mark. "Go ahead and find a table with them."

Mark got out and walked up to his friends, "Isn't this a coincidence?"

"Not at all," Molly said, hugging him. "Ray invited us."

Mark looked at Wade and he nodded, "She called us a few days ago to make sure we were available."

"You didn't know?" Molly asked.

"She didn't say anything to me."

They made their way inside the crowded room and found a small table near the bar. There were people in between their sets so they could speak to each other with a normal volume.

"Ray told me about her time here," Molly said to Mark. "I'm glad she was here for you."

"I didn't plan any of this. Everything just happened on their own."

"I can see why you like her so much," She said. "And I know that I can be a bit judgy..."

"A bit?" Wade interjected.

"But I was just worried about you."

"We both are," Wade commented. "And to be honest, we still are. She is leaving soon right?"

"Yeah."

"And we can tell you really like her."

"Yeah."

"Despite the fact you've only known her a few weeks."

"Yeah."

"What are you going to do?" Molly asked.

"I don't know," Mark signed, looking around for Ray.

"You can't help who you like," Wade said. "I knew Molly was the one on our second date."

She laughed as Ray came up to them and set down some water on the table, "I know you don't drink, Mark but I didn't know what you two liked."

"This is fine," Molly said.